Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

Cody-licious
12.24.2012 , 09:38 AM | #501
This is so out of date it needs to be UN-STICKIED.
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

mrekxxx
12.27.2012 , 08:47 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by mikesf- View Post
I am a new sub. And I'm kinda shocked at how much cc there is in PVP. Its very disappointing. Some classes seem to be able CC you indefinitely!

Why cant some one make a game with no cc? Just let have control of mine and you have control of yours. No one likes to lose control of their character in a fight.
yeah this ...terrible idea implement cc to pvp, it might work in pve only...

Kamoon
12.27.2012 , 09:30 AM | #503
Nice guide !
LvL 50 Marauder
LvL 50 Mercenary
LvL 50 Assasin
www.twitch.tv/kamoon86

Millem
12.29.2012 , 11:03 AM | #504
8 sec. stun to get a full resolve bar? BW should call this game "Stun Wars"! I do almost only PvP, and I can tell that, after patch 1.4, the Warzones became a CC rush. I got a feeling that patch 1.4 was builded by a guy from another game studio (like Blizzard), just with the mission to screw with this game...
MILLEM
Level 60 Pyro Mercenary

Wapofoc
12.29.2012 , 05:32 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Millem View Post
8 sec. stun to get a full resolve bar? BW should call this game "Stun Wars"! I do almost only PvP, and I can tell that, after patch 1.4, the Warzones became a CC rush. I got a feeling that patch 1.4 was builded by a guy from another game studio (like Blizzard), just with the mission to screw with this game...
fully agree here to easy to get stun locked,
resolve doesn't work at all

Yahto
12.29.2012 , 10:38 PM | #506
I thought the idiot Bioware had before running PvP was bad. Bioware needs to really find some people that have some real MMO experience. I have always thought the resolve system was nothing more than a work around system for people that understood it. Its a huge work around system now. This game needs improvements, not idiots making things worse with changes like this. What this game needs is a real CC system that puts people on equal ground.

Best system I have seen is a global CC cool down for each CC set (Mez, roots/snares, KD/KB, stuns). If you are stuned you get a immunity to stun for so many seconds, and so on for each CC set. Not this stupid crap of being CCed to death. I dont think the people at Bioware are smart enough to know how to improve this game or even save it from fully tanking. The biggest things that has killed this game is huge lack of end game content and very poor PvP. Poeple dont enjoy PvP when half the time they dont have control of their toon.

LucisAbyssus
12.30.2012 , 07:10 PM | #507
The length of this immunity is almost long enough to run a huttball from the beginning of the ramps to the goal with a bit of luck.

Spoiler

funkiestj
01.02.2013 , 12:52 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
This is so out of date its not really that relevant now
What, pray tell, is out of date and irrelevant?

TANGENT: it would be nice to have a moderator that would move off topic posts (e.g. to a thread titled "I hate the resolve system" or "resolve qq"). This thread is suppose to be a discussion of what the mechanics are today, not whether you like them or not. Oh well, such is life on a discussion forum with practically no moderation/curation.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

BlownSi
01.03.2013 , 08:43 AM | #509
I was under the impression that the new resolve changes in 1.4 were supposed to prevent stun lock, not create it. I just recently started pvp'ing a lot and gearing my jugg, and there are times that I will be locked down completely the entire match. I am not talking about being the focus of the opposing team's fire; I can live with that being melee. But being stun locked completely is absolutely annoying.

To me it feels that they are moving in the right direction with balance (note I said moving, not quite there yet though) but this resolve "improvement" has created nothing but a bunch of people standing around with their mouths hanging open planted to the ground. Seriously needs to be fixed.

ProKsnNwk
01.04.2013 , 03:52 AM | #510
You know the REAL ISSUE are the ROOTS!
THERE is NO PROTECTION against Roots, and they DO NOT AFFECT resolve bar!
So even after Your Resolve bar is Full, you get rooted and can stand there for 10 - 20 seconds.
If you hold it out, or before that you usually get killed!

So If BioWare make the Roots affect, the Resolve Bar.
So you won't be able to get rooted after your resolve bar is full! There won't be such a big problem!!!

Also, there is problems with roots, because for 2 seconds of roots, you are actually stunned from most of the Roots!!
Playing SWTOR from when it come out, and have played many WZ to experience the effects of Resolve Bar
(which was supposed to get fixed, and to be hones it got more broken).