Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
03.28.2013 , 02:58 PM | #441
Mr. Hickman,
I've read about half of the comments in this thread; moreover, by the time I got to page 20 I lost interest. It would seem there are a lot of people who are not very happy with the state of the game; although, I do believe quite a few of them are being unreasonable. But, on the other hand some of them have very real concerns that I do share.

*Barber shop: I really couldn't care less about this feature; moreover, when I made my characters I took great care in deciding what they looked like & I still like the way they look. I wouldn't mind some additional colors that were not previously available at launch (purples, pinks, blues, etc), but my characters are who they are & I would not change them for anything. I also think it is fair to charge a VERY MINIMAL fee for this service....which brings me to my next concern...

*Cartel Market Overload: It really had not occurred to me till I had read this thread, but I can see why everyone is concerned. As a subscriber I SHOULD NOT be nickle & dimed for core content. The packs & bonuses are fine for the CM, but things like the Cathar & hood toggle should not be included in that scheme. I wouldn't mind paying for the Cathar if they came pre-packaged with an proper expansion (like what wow does every year), but I in no shape way or form will be handing over any more of my money for something like this. In my opinion, the Cathar should have been bundled in with RotHC. I am more than willing to pay $40.00 - $60.00 bucks for a full expansion that would have 8 or so planets (they don't all have to be new, just most..backtracking could add story quality), some new races, flash points, pvp warzones, & species.

*Quality of life: With all due respect, what are you guys talking about? I in no way shape or form want chat bubbles, that would be a mess on the fleet (I would turn them off). Likewise the Guild Flagship would also take away from our ability to find people on fleet to run OPS...unless the General chat from the fleet was also the same General chat for the guild flagship -- which would be fine. Heck, just make the Guild flagships an instance on the Fleet for all I care. I wouldn't mind seeing an update to the group finder to include all the ops [HM & SM], but aside from that the game is pretty solid in my opinion as a system. The only other things I could ask for would be mini-games or a buddy list that condenses all ALTS that belong to one person under a single username (like in wow), but that has more to do with my next subject.

*Future content: This is what really scares me...what is going on after this next patch? Granted there is a lot going on with RoTHC & the next patch, but what is coming after that? Saying that you will be focusing on QoL & not mentioning even a teaser about new content really puts me off. Granted I still have 6 more story lines to complete even though I've been around since beta, but there are people who play A LOT more than I do (I go to collage full time & work nearly full time). When will we have new War Zones? When will we have new Flash Points? When will we have individual class story quests expanded & expanded companion relationships? Frankly, it's just lazy development that individual class quests were not inserted into RoTHC. I'm not expecting any of this content any time soon, & you guys have been doing pretty good since the restructuring at Austin, but just having someone from staff drop a comment saying something like "we are working on it but can't say anything right now -- relax" would probably put a lot of us at ease.

As I've said I'm willing to pay for a proper Expansion, & I would really like to see one. A while back you guys were asking for information form us regarding said expansion in the threads below:

Future planets:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=441841

Expansion Ideas:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=391956

What is the state of these projects & why have you ignored them? This is the kinda thing that really has me miffed, & if I ever did quit the game this is the reason why. Rest assured I love SWTOR right now, but I could see a day when that would change.

Thanks for your time,
~Lecto-Sama
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

Mr_Meister
03.28.2013 , 03:01 PM | #442
Changes to appearance are great, even if it is with Cartel Coins (I'd prefer a free station somewhere).

Thank you for State of the Game updates. Honesty is refreshing, and you win my support.

LanceCorporalDan
03.29.2013 , 03:28 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post

*Quality of life: With all due respect, what are you guys talking about? I in no way shape or form want chat bubbles, that would be a mess on the fleet (I would turn them off). Likewise the Guild Flagship would also take away from our ability to find people on fleet to run OPS...unless the General chat from the fleet was also the same General chat for the guild flagship -- which would be fine. Heck, just make the Guild flagships an instance on the Fleet for all .
As far as chat bubbles to they would only be for RP'ers and such using /say. I doubt fleet would be all that bad and this is something nearly every RP'er has been calling for. Guild capital ships I agree should have a linked general chat to fleet in order to stay connected with the community. Every other point you bring up I agree with.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

chriscruiz
03.30.2013 , 05:26 AM | #444
Love the barber shop idea, but I do agree with everyone else as a subscriber I shouldnt have to pay to change my hairstyle, eye color and physical features although paying to change your species makes sense. We shouldnt be charged for something that we will want to use so frequently. I like whats going on with the character customization. I love the idea of being able to toggle my hood on and off as well so I'm glad that will be addressed eventually. Hopefully we won't have to pay for that through the cartel market as well. 20 cartel coins per toggle!!

I have to admit that I was very disappointed with the looks of the previous installment of pvp gear (WH) and I was very vocal about it! The new pvp and pve gear that is coming out looks A LOT better in my opinion, but could still use some improvement. I hated the Jedi Sentinel WH gear, always thought it looked like a beetle or a space clown this time we actually look a lot more like Jedi Knights. In the future I would really like to see a Sentinel pvp set with a full robe chest piece. (not robe leggings that make it look like a dress) Maybe in black & white

I love all the new toys, pets and espically the gear and mounts from the cartel market, but put more of that stuff as earnable rewards for completing in game content such as operations and pvp too! Give us more reasons to play and not just more reasons to spend money! What do you mean by "quality of life"? Quality of life is pretty good these days.... Keep adding operations,flashpoints, warzones, story, gear, pets, mounts, planets, and improve on the space mini game! Oh yeah, I almost forgot... WE WANT A YODA PLAYABLE SPECIES!

JudgeNot
03.30.2013 , 08:55 AM | #445
"So how did it go? Well, you can see for yourself when you log in to the game. Our new, high capacity servers are teeming with people. Since launch of the Free-to-Play option we have had over 2 million new accounts created and have thousands of new players jumping in every single day. This means more people to play with, more growth for your guilds, more Warzone matches, and more ways for players to continue to advance their characters."

So, in a nutshell, it means more money for BW and more money for EA, while we(subscribers) are left with cluttered servers of players who can't do anything. Very exciting indeed!!

kisia
04.01.2013 , 11:28 AM | #446
I'm a subscriber who has been playing since the game started and will continue to play because I'm enjoying the game and the stories. But as a subscriber why isn't the new species included? I like the idea of a barbershop if there are new hair styles/colors but am not sure why it is tied to the Cartel Market. Shouldn't I just be able to go to fleet, go to the barbershop spend a few in-game coins? Also, as a subscriber the hood toggle be included without the Cartel Market being involved? If your free-to-play I can understand having to unlock from the Market but not as a subscriber. I've 8 characters at level 50 and a few more little ones and don't really want to keep using up Cartle Coins for each character.

risendark
04.15.2013 , 02:28 AM | #447
I'm a Founder and day one CE subscriber. I get 600 CC a month and spend them on packs just for the heck of it. As people have said over the past 45 pages... Cathar should be a core part of the game (atleast for subscribers). And changing your appearance should be in game currency based aka Credits. If I have to buy cartel coins for these things I'm just going to cancel my account and look for another mmo, or even worse go back to WoW. Hopefully you all will realize this would be a huge mistake and cost you alot of customers. As I've heard people say "who cares if subs quit, they're making money from the CC market now". However one person spending $40 on CC doesn't make up for losing 100 subscriptions.
The Darkness rises to eclipse the light...

Akomo
08.08.2013 , 03:57 PM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
Mr. Hickman,
I've read about half of the comments in this thread; moreover, by the time I got to page 20 I lost interest. It would seem there are a lot of people who are not very happy with the state of the game; although, I do believe quite a few of them are being unreasonable. But, on the other hand some of them have very real concerns that I do share.

*Barber shop: I really couldn't care less about this feature; moreover, when I made my characters I took great care in deciding what they looked like & I still like the way they look. I wouldn't mind some additional colors that were not previously available at launch (purples, pinks, blues, etc), but my characters are who they are & I would not change them for anything. I also think it is fair to charge a VERY MINIMAL fee for this service....which brings me to my next concern...

*Cartel Market Overload: It really had not occurred to me till I had read this thread, but I can see why everyone is concerned. As a subscriber I SHOULD NOT be nickle & dimed for core content. The packs & bonuses are fine for the CM, but things like the Cathar & hood toggle should not be included in that scheme. I wouldn't mind paying for the Cathar if they came pre-packaged with an proper expansion (like what wow does every year), but I in no shape way or form will be handing over any more of my money for something like this. In my opinion, the Cathar should have been bundled in with RotHC. I am more than willing to pay $40.00 - $60.00 bucks for a full expansion that would have 8 or so planets (they don't all have to be new, just most..backtracking could add story quality), some new races, flash points, pvp warzones, & species.

*Quality of life: With all due respect, what are you guys talking about? I in no way shape or form want chat bubbles, that would be a mess on the fleet (I would turn them off). Likewise the Guild Flagship would also take away from our ability to find people on fleet to run OPS...unless the General chat from the fleet was also the same General chat for the guild flagship -- which would be fine. Heck, just make the Guild flagships an instance on the Fleet for all I care. I wouldn't mind seeing an update to the group finder to include all the ops [HM & SM], but aside from that the game is pretty solid in my opinion as a system. The only other things I could ask for would be mini-games or a buddy list that condenses all ALTS that belong to one person under a single username (like in wow), but that has more to do with my next subject.

*Future content: This is what really scares me...what is going on after this next patch? Granted there is a lot going on with RoTHC & the next patch, but what is coming after that? Saying that you will be focusing on QoL & not mentioning even a teaser about new content really puts me off. Granted I still have 6 more story lines to complete even though I've been around since beta, but there are people who play A LOT more than I do (I go to collage full time & work nearly full time). When will we have new War Zones? When will we have new Flash Points? When will we have individual class story quests expanded & expanded companion relationships? Frankly, it's just lazy development that individual class quests were not inserted into RoTHC. I'm not expecting any of this content any time soon, & you guys have been doing pretty good since the restructuring at Austin, but just having someone from staff drop a comment saying something like "we are working on it but can't say anything right now -- relax" would probably put a lot of us at ease.

As I've said I'm willing to pay for a proper Expansion, & I would really like to see one. A while back you guys were asking for information form us regarding said expansion in the threads below:

Future planets:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=441841

Expansion Ideas:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=391956

What is the state of these projects & why have you ignored them? This is the kinda thing that really has me miffed, & if I ever did quit the game this is the reason why. Rest assured I love SWTOR right now, but I could see a day when that would change.

Thanks for your time,
~Lecto-Sama
Subscribers should not have to pay for anything except expansion packs. LOTRO does it. STO does it. Got lifetime accounts on both. I paid for expansion on LOTRO with my turbine coins that I saved up. On STO I can convert currency in game to to PWE coins so to speak. Same on Neverwinter. Where they do get me to pay is other things, which they know I will pay for since it does support their development for more content.

Makeb expansion, fine , we pay for it. Cathar access? No we should get that for free as a sub. Like the Ewok. I use in game credits to get the ewok .That's technically free since I sub anyways.

C'mon get some programmers in there and create content. You've got a wealth of material to work with in the SW universe.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!