Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
03.21.2013 , 09:25 AM | #21
Barbershop sounds fantastic. But please add some black hair options to the mix. My guild (the globetrotters) want to have some new styles for our toons some nice fro's and a black moustache option would be nice maybe even some crazy samuel jackson style sideboards.

Can we see pod / speeder racing and speeder customisation in game now that the cool speeders are being released ?
imagine racing people on tattooine while npc tuskans took rifle pot shots at you ?

Just for the record decent drops via the cartel packs seem very rare is there a chance the decent drop rate percent could go up. Im thinking twice about dropping money on packs because of this.

Cathar is pure woot

cycao
03.21.2013 , 09:25 AM | #22
Surprise surprise one of the most asked for features since launch will revolve around the cartel market. The funny thing was I thought the cartel market was kind of cool at first, now I see this trend where everything players want like vanity is put on there.

If they put some of these cartel items into content like flashpoints or operations I would probably be running them to get what I wanted instead of taking a chance with the item packs.

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ToxicSky View Post
About time with the hair-change! Have a sith whom is in serious need of a hair-cut.
I agree that this is rather foreboding, regarding the market. I, for one, hope that they will find a balance in what they throw into their new sandbox/playground and what will be purchasable at vendors.
Yes, the balance will be 95% CM to 5% in-game *snorts*.

That Hickman guy..... I kind of begin to realize why people thought he would be the one to ruin this game. He already does.

Lium
03.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BerinLearth View Post
He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?
First F2P game, eh?

DarthTHC
03.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
Cool, I've been waiting for a barber shop style feature since launch. As an ex City of Heroes player it's been very frustrating not to be able to change these things easily (I miss Icon).

My one concern is having to pay cartel coins for something as trivial as changing hairstyle. A full body type or species change I can understand would be a cash option as these are pretty major changes, but I would have hoped changing hair style/colour or facial tattoos would have been available for in-game credits as it's something you may want to do quite frequently if you RP or even if you just get bored of your current look.

I guess it's time to start saving my monthly CC grant...
A race change might be a big one because you have very different options race-by-race.

All other changes are minor. Change a value in a field in the database. Done.

Charging cartel coins for these is absurd, but EA gonna go after the $'s until they force everyone away.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Trancos
03.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #26
What i would like to know is when are we going to see a launch for Latin America, or at least a patch for spanish language, there is a general bad feeling towards the game here in latin america because people feels that we are beeing treated like a third class market, most people have to use proxies or VPNs just to create an account because the website don't allow it from latin america, you have an interesting market here but you are wasting it, you should learn a couple of things from blizzard on how to treat other markets besides USA and Europe.

Mazanator
03.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #27
Please Buff Assassins!

DarthFamine
03.21.2013 , 09:28 AM | #28
Good to see a barbershop and hood toggle coming. the game desperately needs quality of life improvements.
Though I feel they should be there in game for subs, not for cc only.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 09:28 AM | #29
Huh...

Quote:
"We’re committed to continuing our 8-week new content cadence"
When exactly did 6 weeks become 8 Jeff? You asked for 9 over the Holiday season, but we were told 6...not 8.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Keypek
03.21.2013 , 09:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
First F2P game, eh?
I would agree if this game was actually f2p.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands