Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How would Darth Maul do in TOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How would Darth Maul do in TOR

Specialperson
03.20.2013 , 05:47 PM | #1
Would Darth Maul be a Dark Councillor?

Jonoku
03.20.2013 , 06:52 PM | #2
He wouldn't be a Nightbrother and he would be weaker IMO.

AlexDougherty
03.21.2013 , 07:00 AM | #3
No, he displayed very little force use in the films, and his main advantage was the fact that the Jedi were unused to his fighting style, in this era he wouldn't last five minutes let alone make Dark Council Member
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Darkondo
03.21.2013 , 10:38 AM | #4
Saber skill wise, he would probably be one of if not the best duelists in TOR. The problem i see is the same one that I see Savage Opress having if he was in TOR, the inability to defend force lightning. I dont know if Maul knows how to defend it or not but if Savage is any indication then Maul's as good as dead to anyone who knows lightning.

Ventessel
03.21.2013 , 10:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Saber skill wise, he would probably be one of if not the best duelists in TOR. The problem i see is the same one that I see Savage Opress having if he was in TOR, the inability to defend force lightning. I dont know if Maul knows how to defend it or not but if Savage is any indication then Maul's as good as dead to anyone who knows lightning.
I don't think he would rate as one of the best duelists by any stretch of the imagination. His only real edge over the Jedi was that they were unfamiliar with fighting a double bladed lightsaber, and in TOR people are running around with those all over the place.

Lightsaber combat is probably flourishing in the Sith Empire during the Cold War/Great Galactic War. Darth Maul would rate as above average, but probably nothing exceptional when compared to other Sith apprentices in the Empire. Any Sith Lord or an actual Darth would probably cut him apart.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

IAmViiOLENT
03.21.2013 , 10:56 AM | #6
I think he would get lolbursted by a PT in his very first PvP match then QQ about it for days.

Beniboybling
03.21.2013 , 03:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
I agree, despite what Ventessel says we have to remember that he was personally trained by Darth Sidious at the height of the Order of the Sith Lords as a living weapon. A killing machine. Remember that the Sidious era was the height of all eras for the Sith, Sidious and his master had grown far more powerful than any of the Sith Empire.

I think he'd be more than a match in terms of a lightsaber too. This guy has mastered Juyo, Niman and Jar'Kai - and incorporated that with exceptional skill in unarmed combat. Granted his unfamiliar weapon gave him an edge against the Jedi - but ultimately he completely outclassed them on the field of combat. There is nothing the Sith of the OR have that Maul doesn't have, and then some.

Weak against Force lightning? Not the case. No he cannot deflect it or channel it himself, but he can endure it. Case in point: when single-handedly wiping out the Black Sun leadership on Ralltiir he encountered an extremely powerful Nightsister whom unleashed a barrage of lightning at him - Maul simply shrugged it off, powered through it and sliced her in half.

Would he become a Dark Council member? No, he's a weapon, not a manipulator. But I'd settle for Emperor's Wrath.

An inflated image of Maul? Nope, I'm just recognizing him as what he is. The primary weapon of the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived. I think we also have to remember that excluding the 'Dark Ages' the Sith just grew more and more powerful.

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
Maul Mastered many things like Tera Kasi from the Palawa, I just don't think he would be the same in this era.

Beniboybling
03.21.2013 , 03:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Maul Mastered many things like Tera Kasi from the Palawa, I just don't think he would be the same in this era.
Well IMO the lightsaber forms are a good measuring stick for cross-era comparison, as they are relatively unchanging. So with Maul being a master of three, as well as having mastery over a unarmed combat form, well that's going to give him a considerable edge over many Sith and Jedi in the OR era.

I mean, this guy is effectively Sidious' Wrath.

TalonVII
03.21.2013 , 03:50 PM | #10
Maul on the council?

No. Like berginoying[sorry if i got it wrong!] said. guy is a living weapon.

he'd basically be the best sith assassin alive. He'd make sith IQ story hero if an assassin look like a pathetic wimp when it came to saber ability and fighting.

Basically, council or the emperor has a job noone else can do, you hand it to maul and get the hell out of his way.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler