Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2x hypercrates (48 packs) = 2 cartel certificates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2x hypercrates (48 packs) = 2 cartel certificates

Thylbanus
03.21.2013 , 06:25 AM | #81
That's what makes them gambling packs. I got 7 in one hypercrate.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

RuQu
03.21.2013 , 07:04 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by MGriffith View Post
Then again, for me the certificates don't hold any value at all. Don't need them, don't care for them. Should I come here complaining that in the second pack I opened there was a certificate instead of the item I had hoped to find?
If you buy these packs for one specific, rare, item then you probably should reconsider why you are buying them and resign yourself to disappointment.
No, because if you don't care about the certs or reputation items, then everything in the pack is exchangeable for anything else. You might only get 10k credits worth of items, or 1 million, but if the item isn't what you wanted you can sell it on the GTN and buy the item you did.

I opened one since I just recently returned to the game and wanted to see what the contained. It had a mount and a weapon skin, neither of which I cared about. Selling them gave me enough credits to buy a Relaxed Jumpsuit set or a +41 level 10 crystal. Since they could be exchanged for a common currency, it was functionally identical to containing an item I did want.

This is not possible if you want the certs.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Cidanel
03.21.2013 , 08:34 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalij View Post
/signed

I keep wanting to ask everyone here how it feels with no lube...
If you can't afford a few dollars per month then maybe you should play video games less and work more on getting a better paying job...I blow $10 on lunch every day and I am supposed to be upset over a few bucks for entertainment?

Happy_Puppy
03.21.2013 , 08:42 AM | #84
Well one change i want other then drop rate is make them account bound.. i didnt know that they werent after opening about 30 of them i have 2 certs on diffrent toons :-{

Infernixx
03.21.2013 , 08:46 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Happy_Puppy View Post
Well one change i want other then drop rate is make them account bound.. i didnt know that they werent after opening about 30 of them i have 2 certs on diffrent toons :-{
Next patch, they're BoL
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

dorpen
03.21.2013 , 09:15 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Next patch, they're BoL
Maybe next patch they should step it up, and make the rep items and certs follow the normal rule of bound for a day and a half then you can sell them.

AsheraII
03.21.2013 , 09:22 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by dorpen View Post
Maybe next patch they should step it up, and make the rep items and certs follow the normal rule of bound for a day and a half then you can sell them.
I wouldn't mind that for the certs, but don't agree on them for the rep items. Bioware might as well not bother with the rep component at all then.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

SHadowsan
03.22.2013 , 12:39 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
you all keep buying those packs. So i can keep buying stuff for pennies on the dollar from the gtn!

Keep up the good work.
^^^ this x 10
THE SHADOWMASTERS LEGACY

- L50 Shadowsan - L50 Shadowguord L34 - Shadowtrooper
L37 - Shadowasasin