Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2x hypercrates (48 packs) = 2 cartel certificates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2x hypercrates (48 packs) = 2 cartel certificates

Toxxo
03.20.2013 , 09:09 AM | #1
Hello
I finally gave in and decided to purchase not one but two hypercrates. I thought "48 packs should definitely snag me 4 certificates". But it didn't. It only got me 2 certificates. I'm a little bit peeved. I don't mind paying money for stuff and I'm also a subscriber (6 month recurring) but the drop rate for these certificates seems really really harsh - I'm not going to pay for two hyper crates just to get a mere 2 certificates. I hope that Bioware will loosen the purse strings a little for future customers. Sorry for moaning, but it's been bugging me for a week and I needed a little moan hehe.

TUXs
03.20.2013 , 09:10 AM | #2
Buy a few more!!! I support you buying 2 more hypercrates!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AlaricSevGirl
03.20.2013 , 09:12 AM | #3
Exactly, the drop rate is pretty awful. It wouldn't be bad if it was legacy bound but nope. They aren't getting any more of my money until they fix it.

Alec_Fortescue
03.20.2013 , 09:17 AM | #4
I had 30 packs and got 4 certs out. At least I hope you had more luck than I did in terms of rare items.

AlienEyeTX
03.20.2013 , 09:20 AM | #5
I bought 5 packs and got 3 certificates. *shrug* I sure wish I could sell them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

JPryde
03.20.2013 , 09:23 AM | #6
I got 2 packs and got 1 certificate... guess I was extremely lucky then... unfortunately 1 cert is worth exactly nothing as long as you do not get more... which I won't get, as I am not willing to waste my money to get 500 jawagrams in order to maybe get 2 certificates
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

DarthBuckets
03.20.2013 , 09:35 AM | #7
I was far luckier with my packs as far as certificates go, but I don't particularly like that the certs are completely RNG, bound, and can offer unique rewards from the rep vendor. The "previous pack" items seem to be a decent implementation for continuing to offer items for old packs after removal (such as Revan's Mask, etc). The rep is manageable, as it is reliably obtained (with the blue or purple rep items being a nice bonus), but I can see how obtaining an Aratech Eclipse or Crown of Avarice can be extremely painful with bad RNG.

SlimsPicken
03.20.2013 , 09:37 AM | #8
man, and I feel stupid sometimes for paying the 15/month sub fee... cartel packs...not even once.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Breger
03.20.2013 , 09:42 AM | #9
I have four certificates, spread over two or three characters. Bought about 10-12 packs or so. Guess you were just unlucky with the RNG gods?
Standard signature, with no creative effort on my part.

Alec_Fortescue
03.20.2013 , 09:50 AM | #10
In my opinion certifactes should be tradeable. They are rare so it would make them xpensive. It would also justify the price of the packs as they do not really contain anything rare worth of selling for over 3-4 mil. Old packs did - items like thrones and Revan's mask. If the idea of certificates and reputation vendor is to REWARD players for buying packs then players should be able to do what they please with those certs. I only need 8 and after that they will be useless to me.

Another thing is that the certs actually pop instead of some item, taking the space and just becoming another trash for some users. Who knows what they could've rolled instead?