Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reporting me for my name....I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Reporting me for my name....I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

odawgg
03.19.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1
Pretty incredible to see that after I've had my in-game's main named "Captaincoke" that it has now been reported by somebody, forcing me to change my name.

This is a game, so even though I'm a bit upset, not going to go kamikaze on the forums with obscenities or anything. I wasn't aware that titles such as "captain" or "corporal" were not allowed when I made this name back in Dec '11 and after reading the naming rules just now, I realize it's apparently not allowed. The fact that someone even knows or cares enough about the naming rules to report that is pretty amazing. I'm assuming this person is most likely a forum user that I upset in some way, but I could be wrong, could be just someone on the fleet that saw my name and was in some way offended, maybe he/she is in the military and thinks it shouldn't be taken lightly, I dunno.

I hope whoever reported me feels good about themselves.

But I'll follow in my idol, Legendary Anchorman Ron Burgundy...."I'm not even mad, that's amazing"

sirullrich
03.19.2013 , 02:51 PM | #2
Well you have to figure that you can't write jugg because that is considered a no-no too.
RENPA
STRIFE

Seengularity
03.19.2013 , 03:32 PM | #3
Sorry for your loss. Just come up with a diff/better name and move on. Let the self-appointed ******* be... just that.

: (

-Seeng

odawgg
03.19.2013 , 03:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
Sorry for your loss. Just come up with a diff/better name and move on. Let the self-appointed ******* be... just that.

: (

-Seeng
Yup, taking that approach, but needed to vent a bit before I did tough losing a name I've been accustomed to for so long...gonna beg BW first for a reversal of their decision, but i'm sure it's a futile attempt

Caeliux
03.19.2013 , 04:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
Pretty incredible to see that after I've had my in-game's main named "Captaincoke" that it has now been reported by some dbag, forcing me to change my name.
Related forms: Coke

1. cocaine. verb (used with object)

To affect with a narcotic drug, especially with cocaine (usually followed by up or out ).
Origin:
190510, Americanism; short for cocaine

The word coke in your name is used in a term which means in short a drug substance, you shouldn't be surprised being reported about it.

Okuy
03.19.2013 , 04:37 PM | #6
Lmao!! God, wish i would've thought of it.
Mauull The Merciless - BFF Hug Group

ChewyYui
03.19.2013 , 04:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Related forms: Coke

1. cocaine. verb (used with object)

To affect with a narcotic drug, especially with cocaine (usually followed by up or out ).
Origin:
190510, Americanism; short for cocaine

The word coke in your name is used in a term which means in short a drug substance, you shouldn't be surprised being reported about it.
In the UK (atleast) we call Coca Cola, and other similar cola products, coke. Maybe he is Captain Softdrink, and not Captain Druggie.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

TuxedoMazoku
03.19.2013 , 04:51 PM | #8
There are pretty much entire states in the US that refer to all soda as coke, not just cola! Crazy, I know.

odawgg
03.19.2013 , 04:58 PM | #9
I hate u okuyy and btw folks, coke isn't even what it was reported for...captain is considered an in-game title that is not allowed....I get it's against the rule (didn't know this till now), but never heard of anyone reporting something like that

And yes, coke refers to soda in my name, and captain refers to captain morgan...my favorite cocktail...sue me for being an alcoholic who loves my captain n coke

Caeliux
03.19.2013 , 05:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
In the UK (atleast) we call Coca Cola, and other similar cola products, coke. Maybe he is Captain Softdrink, and not Captain Druggie.
True, but Bioware isn't in the UK and I assume holds the standard of a word "Coke" meaning more than just a soft drink term as you see in my definition post.

If someone reports and is offended by the word coke, then Bioware will protect the feelings of the offended person and will do something about it asap.

I agree it does sounds somewhat crazy somewhat, but should not be surprising at matter.

I have seen worse than his name, like someone named Abortion which to me needs reported way more than someone named coke.