Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Rock Talks Star Wars

TheBBP
03.22.2013 , 08:47 AM | #21
Call me crazy, but I think that Hayden Christiensen played the role that he was supposed to very well. Anakin was a self-entitled teenager who seemed to get a bit pissy when things weren't right.
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

WaywardOne
03.22.2013 , 10:26 AM | #22
The prequels made Natalie Portman look not so good. Can't judge Hayden's ability. It is funny that there isn't a 5-min interval in all of the movies where I didn't wish the "main character" would die.

DJ would make an awesome addition to a new Star Wars series.

Crawelc
03.22.2013 , 10:56 AM | #23
Portman was great in the films, Hayden should never have been chosen. It wasnt that he didnt play the part of a spoiled brat, he played the part of a spoiled brat while showing almost 0 acting skill at all. His emotions werent believeable and the motivation written into the script left him no room to be believeable in either ep 2 or 3.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

KiMagista
03.22.2013 , 12:11 PM | #24
Dwayne Johnson is awesome. Him and Bruce Willis are killing it right now. Snitch was good.

Darth_Precursor
03.22.2013 , 10:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
The Rock as Mand'alor the Mighty.

Calling it.
I could see this, possibly the only role he would be able to fill correctly lol.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

TheBBP
03.22.2013 , 11:26 PM | #26
"Oh, you've got a Thermal Detonator. The Mandalore will tell you this. Shine it up. Shine it up real nice. THEN TURN THAT SUM****** SIDEWAYS AND SHOVE IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY @SS!!!!"

Thylbanus
03.23.2013 , 06:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Portman was great in the films, Hayden should never have been chosen. It wasnt that he didnt play the part of a spoiled brat, he played the part of a spoiled brat while showing almost 0 acting skill at all. His emotions werent believeable and the motivation written into the script left him no room to be believeable in either ep 2 or 3.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic about Natalie. Sure Natalie did well in Ep. I, but her acting went south as the movies progressed. "Anakin, your breaking my heart!" That was the worst delivery I've seen in many years. She just could not come off as sincere. Hayden was just as dry. The "love" scenes were just so poorly done by both actors that I can only guess that it was either the writing or directing that was to blame. Having seen both actors outside the series, they are good to decent actors. Not the horrible actors I saw in the prequels.

George isn't known for great directing or great dialogue. (Prime example, the exchange between Vader and Obi-wan before they fight on the Death Star. Whoo... just plain corny). One reason why ESB is considered by many to be the best of the series, George didn't direct it. Irvin Kershner did, and Leigh Bracket and Lawrence Kasdan did the screenplay. George's vision is best done when he is only peripherally involved, kind of like Stan Lee.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Crawelc
03.23.2013 , 08:59 AM | #28
"This is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause" She had some great scenes in ep 2 and 3, I agree with you about the ending of ep 3, but no one could have played well with the hot mess that was that script.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Spartanik
03.23.2013 , 11:18 AM | #29
Natalie Portman is a great actress as any of you seen black swan at all?
The prequels were full of top notch actors, even hayden isnt realy a bad actor, i just think some roles werent very well thought and written.
Anakin being the most blatant case. I found mace windu a bit weird too. Padmé at times with horrible lines as well.
I have no doubt the most sucessfull characters in the prequels seems to be Obi wan and sidious.
Other than that, i seen christopher lee as well samuel lee jackson doing much better.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 11:48 PM | #30
Rock ain't playing around about this. He wants it.

Quote:
The go-to man in Hollywood for reigniting franchises, G.I. Joe: Retaliation star Dwayne Johnson says that there's a certain film series he would love to be a part of and it just so happens to be set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

"'Star Wars,'" Johnson smiles. "And that’s not to say that they need it. Obviously they’re doing very well. J.J. [Abrams] is just gonna crush it. I’m so excited. There’s a guy, by the way, who’s not just a brilliant director, but who honors and respects mythology. You’ve seen that with 'Star Trek' and you’re going to see that with 'Star Wars.' I’m very excited about that."
I really do wish him the best of luck on this. If it happened, it will be interesting to see what role they find for him.

Article is HERE.