Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

akdonkey's Avatar


akdonkey
03.22.2013 , 12:02 PM | #21
I also read that the Guy that wrote the Revan Books has submitted a Movie script about Revan so there is another Trilogy. Once again Grain of Salt.... so who knows I would love to see other Star Wars Movie lines

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.22.2013 , 12:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by akdonkey View Post
I also read that the Guy that wrote the Revan Books has submitted a Movie script about Revan so there is another Trilogy. Once again Grain of Salt.... so who knows I would love to see other Star Wars Movie lines
Drew Karpyshyn, the 'guy' you are talking about, has never heard of that 'report' before.
Who else would have the strength to do what I've done? Who else but me could come this far? I am Revan."
Revan Order

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2013 , 12:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Drew Karpyshyn, the 'guy' you are talking about, has never heard of that 'report' before.
WHOA!..Rayla, changing your appearance all around! O_O
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

kaczuszka's Avatar


kaczuszka
03.22.2013 , 12:26 PM | #24
Well whatever it will be it should have starkiller in it or at least mention him
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.22.2013 , 12:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
WHOA!..Rayla, changing your appearance all around! O_O
Rayla is what we like to call, an Altoholic.
She changes her forum posts to match her current character, judging from the Blue it's republic, and from the signature she's playing a trooper....

She does this all the time ^.^
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.22.2013 , 01:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Drew Karpyshyn, the 'guy' you are talking about, has never heard of that 'report' before.
He did leave BioWare to pursue other interests, among them screenwriting. So it's possible we could see him attached to future Star Wars films. The immediate future, of course, will be dominated by the Sequel trilogy. It's unlikely we'll see a Revan movie, but spin offs or other material might be produced for the Old Republic era.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2013 , 01:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Rayla is what we like to call, an Altoholic.
She changes her forum posts to match her current character, judging from the Blue it's republic, and from the signature she's playing a trooper....

She does this all the time ^.^
Yes I realized that. :P
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

SonicSpectre's Avatar


SonicSpectre
03.22.2013 , 08:14 PM | #28
That would be pretty Epic. (In response to above post.) But you (Meaning THEM - the writers and studios execs) will in the end have to relate it to the star wars that even the most ignorant off the street ditz knows about because THAT'S the cultural "Phenomenon," that has most worked its way into society and our cultural history.

As has been said, as much as we really all don't want to see Fisher and Hamill on the silver screen again, and as much as they might dread donning those costumes and characters, for the sake of making money, and making it recognizable as STAR WARS to the general public, you'll have to do just that. Continue those character's stories. Granted, I don't mind that, but IMHO, no will ever do it better than good ol' Tim Zahn in his "Heir to the Empire" Cycle.

For most of us here, I'm assuming, that WAS the next trilogy. But of course, as I said, for most people who don't know or don't care, all of this thousands of years of history of the star wars universe that has been so richly brought to life through the dozens of books and comics, (From which SW:TOR is in part based upon, as we all know) isn't considered CANON for the most part ( Yes I know this has been hashed and rehashed, suffice to say, I DO consider things like Zahn and TOR cannon, in my own mind) and won't be accepted as part of the "Phenomenon" or the cultural "Modern Mythos" That Star Wars and "The Big Three" (Luke, Han, Leia - NOT the actors) have become.

Oh, and it will probably be explosion heavy. My dear fellow SWTOR players, yes, you should go see this movie. We should all go to the Theaters and then come back to our TOR immediately after that. Don't expect deep, rich story and character exposition like some of the better SW authors and the creators at BioWare have given us. You say "Holocron" and you'll start losing people.

Anyways, my two cents.

May the Force be with you all.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.23.2013 , 01:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SonicSpectre View Post
That would be pretty Epic. (In response to above post.) But you (Meaning THEM - the writers and studios execs) will in the end have to relate it to the star wars that even the most ignorant off the street ditz knows about because THAT'S the cultural "Phenomenon," that has most worked its way into society and our cultural history.

As has been said, as much as we really all don't want to see Fisher and Hamill on the silver screen again, and as much as they might dread donning those costumes and characters, for the sake of making money, and making it recognizable as STAR WARS to the general public, you'll have to do just that. Continue those character's stories. Granted, I don't mind that, but IMHO, no will ever do it better than good ol' Tim Zahn in his "Heir to the Empire" Cycle.

Oh, and it will probably be explosion heavy. My dear fellow SWTOR players, yes, you should go see this movie. We should all go to the Theaters and then come back to our TOR immediately after that. Don't expect deep, rich story and character exposition like some of the better SW authors and the creators at BioWare have given us. You say "Holocron" and you'll start losing people.

Anyways, my two cents.

May the Force be with you all.
You are aware that Michael Bay is in no way associated with this film, right? It's directed by J.J. Abrams, the man who delivered Super 8 and Star Trek. And the screenplay is the work of Michael Arndt, who wrote Toy Story 3.

In short, I am expecting nothing short of a fantastic, deserving sequel not just to Star Wars but to the idea of Star Wars and the epic potential that it has sometimes achieved but always hinted at. I'm certain John Williams is composing the score as well, so the sound and mood of the films will be spot on.

Honestly, the writing in TOR feels stretched thin in many places. Some stories break new ground and are quite innovative and engaging, but so many other plotlines begin to feel recycled and stale after three planets that throw identical quests at you.

And why should the mention of a "holocron" drive the audience away? Great science fiction shouldn't be afraid to play to its strengths, which includes capturing the audience with fascinating technology and unusual ideas. No one balked when Star Wars introduced "astromech droids" or "the Force", so why should they shy away from the introduction of new materiel into a familiar setting?
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Lazengan's Avatar


Lazengan
03.24.2013 , 04:11 PM | #30
Star wars cannon has yet to fill the gap between The demise of the post-hyperspace Sith Empire, and Darth Ruin's sith empire