Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

MarkXXIV
03.21.2013 , 12:05 AM | #11
pls no more skywalkers. i would like to see more largescale battles, it would be cool to see a war between the sith and jedi. I would also like to see space battles.

Kilikaa
03.21.2013 , 12:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
pls no more skywalkers. i would like to see more largescale battles, it would be cool to see a war between the sith and jedi. I would also like to see space battles.
Which you might see in the stand alone movies they will make. Episodes 1-9 were always going to be about the Skywalker family.

MarkXXIV
03.21.2013 , 12:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Which you might see in the stand alone movies they will make. Episodes 1-9 were always going to be about the Skywalker family.
I hope you are wrong, I think the movie would be alot more entertaining without them. I would like their time to be done and for new characters to step in. Also I would like to see the sith and jedi rebuilt and see them fight each other in all out warfare. darth vader was cool but I am overdosing off skywalker after 6 episodes.

Doctoglethorpe
03.21.2013 , 03:20 AM | #14
I'd rather more skywalker then just a bunch of mindless battles like you seem to be proposing...

Ventessel
03.21.2013 , 05:58 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
I could see the rise of the sith model, no longer using the rule of two without any specifics I could believe that. idk about skywalker/solo children tho because they already said EU won't be followed, completely different direction.
Not that it won't be taken into consideration, though. Many elements of the EU are fairly logical, and so we'll probably get a mix and match of the aspects that the writers for Ep. VII like and the stuff that Lucas wanted to get rid of.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Nydus
03.21.2013 , 10:44 AM | #16
If Abrams approaches this as he did with Star Trek, he will attempt to give nods to the EU but won't be afraid to destroy a planet or two .

Personally, I think he'll do a better job with Star Wars than Star Trek, which seemed more like Lucas directed it.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Nydus
03.21.2013 , 10:45 AM | #17
We get glowy ghost Jedi, I'd like to see glowy wrait palpatine.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Kestalas
03.21.2013 , 03:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
I hope you are wrong, I think the movie would be alot more entertaining without them. I would like their time to be done and for new characters to step in. Also I would like to see the sith and jedi rebuilt and see them fight each other in all out warfare. darth vader was cool but I am overdosing off skywalker after 6 episodes.
This doesn't make sense. The original story (Episodes 1 through 6) were all about the Skywalker family. They are the heart and soul of the movie story lines. They NEED to be in the movie, to a certain extent. Sure I can agree that new characters and new life need to be introduced, but the Skywalker legacy must be in the movie to set up those new characters and content. It simply cannot be done any other way.

I'm all for new story, new characters, new content, etc. but the Skywalker legacy must be included to at least "pass the torch" on to these new characters or at least build into the new story. Can't do these movies without it, which is why I'm glad they've got Luke and Leia coming back as well as Han Solo. They need to be the foundation to set up the next set of characters.

MarkXXIV
03.22.2013 , 09:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kestalas View Post
This doesn't make sense. The original story (Episodes 1 through 6) were all about the Skywalker family. They are the heart and soul of the movie story lines. They NEED to be in the movie, to a certain extent. Sure I can agree that new characters and new life need to be introduced, but the Skywalker legacy must be in the movie to set up those new characters and content. It simply cannot be done any other way.

I'm all for new story, new characters, new content, etc. but the Skywalker legacy must be included to at least "pass the torch" on to these new characters or at least build into the new story. Can't do these movies without it, which is why I'm glad they've got Luke and Leia coming back as well as Han Solo. They need to be the foundation to set up the next set of characters.
episode 6 was 30 years ago... its kinda late for that... they need new material and new main characters hopefully not the son or grandson of a skywalker. I want to see more sith and jedi.

DarthMat
03.22.2013 , 11:11 AM | #20
I have read that the trio are set to return. Harrison Ford wants to be killed off in the first movie though if he is to return. I am not sure if that will happen or not. Maybe he just won't show in the other 2 movies.