Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This Is Madness

Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 06:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
Answer this. How does one lightsaber (held by Vader) block four lightsaber thrusts or blaster bolts at once? Simple geometry shows that it is impossible.
Obiwan did it. Darth Vader is stronger in OT era then Obi was in PT era.

Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 06:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
You sure you have that right? Cause even in the book, Sidious would have won regardless if Anakin was there or not due to his superior power in The Force. But ah....this isn't the thread for that..so moving along.
No, in the book its well explained that for as strong as Sidious is, Mace is able to just reflect all that power right back at him. Thats the whole point of Vaapad. That light saber form is like dark side repellant, thus Mace is the only Jedi who really stood a chance at beating Sidious. In the book he legitimately wins the fight, destroying sidious's light saber and reflecting the force lightning back at him to near death, and only then does Anakin arrive and help Sidious kill him. Granted in the movie it looks more like Sidious threw the fight intentionally, as Anakin is there the whole time to watch "the show" which is why I make the note of going by the book.

Of course it makes sense. Vaapad is basically a dark side technique in itself.

Ventessel
03.18.2013 , 06:26 PM | #13
Vader could just choke the life out of Grievous, and absorb his blaster bolts the way he did Han Solo's on Bespin.

That battle would be hilariously one sided.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

RabidTwinkie
03.18.2013 , 06:58 PM | #14
I know this discussion on combat is not what the contest is about, but whatever gets discussion going is fine by me! The whole contest was specifically designed to pit people against each other in SW lore. And yeah, the first round is laughably onesided.

PS. Lets see you guys argue combat for R2-D2 vs. C-3PO

Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 09:27 PM | #15
Well I think making the comparison about combat prowess is far more interesting.

In which case R2 wins for sure, but then immediately destroyed by Leia.

I gotta say too, Palpatine vs IG-88 is hilarious. He would just flick his wrist and IG-88 would be in a million pieces. **** out of thje entire lower bracket the only person who could last more then a second against Palp is Dooku. And were talkin like maybe 2 seconds.

RabidTwinkie
03.19.2013 , 07:07 AM | #16
Well everyone the results are in. Han Solo overwhelmingly won with 93% of the vote for the LS. Darth Vader won with 90% of the vote.

Today's matchup

LS: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi
DS: Darth Maul vs. Asajj Ventress

Vote today!

Wolfninjajedi
03.19.2013 , 09:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
No, in the book its well explained that for as strong as Sidious is, Mace is able to just reflect all that power right back at him. Thats the whole point of Vaapad. That light saber form is like dark side repellant, thus Mace is the only Jedi who really stood a chance at beating Sidious. In the book he legitimately wins the fight, destroying sidious's light saber and reflecting the force lightning back at him to near death, and only then does Anakin arrive and help Sidious kill him. Granted in the movie it looks more like Sidious threw the fight intentionally, as Anakin is there the whole time to watch "the show" which is why I make the note of going by the book.

Of course it makes sense. Vaapad is basically a dark side technique in itself.
Yes he reflected it..but then this happened as Anakin was standing there..

Quote:
Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"

This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
03.19.2013 , 12:36 PM | #18
Seriously guys, you gotta vote Ventress. Maul is cool and all bu Ventress looks better, and is a far more complex and well strung character, while Maul is just a stereotypical monster.

Vote Ventress! Pleaaaasssee!

Doctoglethorpe
03.19.2013 , 04:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes he reflected it..but then this happened as Anakin was standing there..
Yeah and shortly after that Palp runs out of juice.

I guess its just up to interpretation if that was intentional or not. The book led me to believe it wasn't while the movie did.

Wolfninjajedi
03.19.2013 , 04:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Yeah and shortly after that Palp runs out of juice.

I guess its just up to interpretation if that was intentional or not. The book led me to believe it wasn't while the movie did.
Run out of juice?

"POWER!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!"
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.