Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This Is Madness


RabidTwinkie's Avatar


RabidTwinkie
03.18.2013 , 02:10 PM | #1
Hey all, just noticed this new tournament pitting characters from the SW universe.

http://starwars.com/This-Is-Madness/


So, I decided to start SWTOR's official thread regarding the tournament!

First Round

LS: Han Solo vs. Lando Calrissian
DS: Darth Vader vs. General Grievious

Vote now and everyday!

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.18.2013 , 02:17 PM | #2
Calling it right now, it's going to come down to either Darth Vader vs. Han Solo or Han Solo vs. Boba Fett in the final round.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

RabidTwinkie's Avatar


RabidTwinkie
03.18.2013 , 02:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Calling it right now, it's going to come down to either Darth Vader vs. Han Solo or Han Solo vs. Boba Fett in the final round.
You seem really confident that Han Solo is going to be there.

Oh, and I voted for DV and Han. The first rounds are all going to be incredibly one sided. I mean, Jabba vs. Salacious Crumb? Is that even a competition?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.18.2013 , 03:46 PM | #4
Vote Han Solo! Vote General Grievous!

P.S. I know, no way GG is going to win. But I'll vote all the same.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.18.2013 , 03:53 PM | #5
Popularity-wise, Vader and Han.

Combat-wise, Vader and Han.

I'm voting for Grievous and Han because I like them.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Doctoglethorpe's Avatar


Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 04:22 PM | #6
This round is kind of a joke. Obviously Han and Vader.

Next round I'm a bit more conflicted between Obi and Jin, but maul is an easy pick over Asajj.

If we're going purely by combat, who would win in a 1v1 fight, then Mace Windu is technically the strongest lore wise, by a hair. It should be him vs Sidious, and he would of defeated Sidious in Ep3 if Anakin hadn't intervened. (At least thats how it is in the book, in the movie Sidious looks more like he threw the match intentionally, I go by the book by default)

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2013 , 04:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
This round is kind of a joke. Obviously Han and Vader.

Next round I'm a bit more conflicted between Obi and Jin, but maul is an easy pick over Asajj.

If we're going purely by combat, who would win in a 1v1 fight, then Mace Windu is technically the strongest lore wise, by a hair. It should be him vs Sidious, and he would of defeated Sidious in Ep3 if Anakin hadn't intervened. (At least thats how it is in the book, in the movie Sidious looks more like he threw the match intentionally, I go by the book by default)
You sure you have that right? Cause even in the book, Sidious would have won regardless if Anakin was there or not due to his superior power in The Force. But ah....this isn't the thread for that..so moving along.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kharnamatic's Avatar


Kharnamatic
03.18.2013 , 05:59 PM | #8
General Grievous for sure.

Darth Vader's mobility is severely hampered in his suit - unlikely to be able to block Grievous' four rotating lightsabers. Meanwhile Grievous has unparalleled mobility, e.g. he can fold up and scuttle on walls/ceilings.

Due to his robotic hands, Darth Vader can't use Sith Lightning to short circuit Grievous.

Despite his suit, Vader is just a man - chopping his hand off renders him combat ineffective (RoTJ). Meanwhile Grievous has gained new capabilities as a droid abomination. Grievous can sacrifice one of his arms, and still have 3 free arms to skewer his target while Vader is left open to attack parrying/cutting off his one arm.

It is also PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for Vader to block Grievous with one lightsaber if he was firing four blasters at once.

Darth Vader could not beat Grievous even in his prime, as Anakin during TCW. What chance does he have crippled?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2013 , 06:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
General Grievous for sure.

Darth Vader's mobility is severely hampered in his suit - unlikely to be able to block Grievous' four rotating lightsabers. Meanwhile Grievous has unparalleled mobility, e.g. he can fold up and scuttle on walls/ceilings.

Due to his robotic hands, Darth Vader can't use Sith Lightning to short circuit Grievous.

Despite his suit, Vader is just a man - chopping his hand off renders him combat ineffective (RoTJ). Meanwhile Grievous has gained new capabilities as a droid abomination. Grievous can sacrifice one of his arms, and still have 3 free arms to skewer his target while Vader is left open to attack parrying/cutting off his one arm.

Darth Vader could not beat Grievous even in his prime, as Anakin during TCW. What chance does he have crippled?
This isn't a who would win in a fight, its a popularity contest. But no...Darth Vader, would destroy Grevious he is far more powerful then he was when he had his full body(may have not reached his full potential but he still grew in power), and he isn't slow by any stretch he is quite fast.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kharnamatic's Avatar


Kharnamatic
03.18.2013 , 06:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This isn't a who would win in a fight, its a popularity contest. But no...Darth Vader, would destroy Grevious he is far more powerful then he was when he had his full body(may have not reached his full potential but he still grew in power), and he isn't slow by any stretch he is quite fast.
Answer this. How does one lightsaber (held by Vader) block four lightsaber thrusts or blaster bolts at once? Simple geometry shows that it is impossible.