Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WHATTT? Twi'Lek Eshka and Zabrak were made by the Rakkta?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
WHATTT? Twi'Lek Eshka and Zabrak were made by the Rakkta?

AshlaBoga
03.17.2013 , 07:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BlindstarOfSand View Post
Oh, I know this.

Spoiler

Does that clear the fog?
Quote:
an advanced Twi'lek civilization was already present on Ryloth in the year 36,453 BBY, when a visiting Tho Yor starship took a group of Force-studying mystics to Tython.
Given that the Mother Machine is only 25-27 Millennium old I suspect that it being the creator of ALL Twi'leks is unlikely. It seems much more probable that it is the maker of the rarest colour of Twi'lek, Lethan Twi'leks: which would make our favourite Hammerhead species responsible for hawties such as Darth Talon. New nickname for the Rakata: Builders of Fine Booty™
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JLazarillo
03.18.2013 , 07:51 AM | #12
It really made a lot of sense, IMO. We've got all of these races running around that are almost but not quite humans, even to the point of apparently being biologically compatible. From what I recall, we already know that Chiss, Miralukan, and Rattataki are offshoots of human evolution that ventured into space and derped around on strange planets for thousands of years. It's not hard to believe that Twi'leks and Zabraks, which are a little stranger, but still pretty damn human, were genetically engineered to be the way they are while following a human template or the like.

AlexDougherty
03.19.2013 , 06:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlindstarOfSand View Post
Oh, I know this.

Spoiler

Does that clear the fog?
This machine also created the Fleshraiders out of the Rakata, which seems a bit odd.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Darth_Wicked
03.19.2013 , 02:21 PM | #14
I think people are taking what she says to heart... :\

Deception and manipulation are both the keywords when it comes to the SI storyline, starting with Zash, going all the way through Kallig, which I still suspect was using me so I could screw over Tulak Hord somehow, not forgetting how Thanaton wanted to display how inferior species had no place in the Dark Council.

Am I the only one who found strange that the LS choice for the Mother Machine is actually destroying and / or keeping her locked up, instead of releasing her? Again, take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

For all we know, she's Soa's lover, trapped as some sort of advanced AI, wanting revenge, nothing more.
Click here for some FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Agent Madel Felth, Imperial Intelligence
If we mourned every conquered planet, we would NEVER have become an Empire.

XantosCledwin
03.19.2013 , 07:25 PM | #15
You all seem to be forgetting that the machine in question was
Spoiler
55 Mara / 14 Sniper / 2 Inq
41 Sin / 38 PTech / 31 Sage / 24 Vngrd / 11 Jugg
The Cledwin Legacy / The Shadowlands

DarthMilex
03.19.2013 , 07:33 PM | #16
The Rakata are the sole reason for Revan and Malak's rise to power, why trust anything they say? If I ever get the chance to kill a Rakata I take it.
"The Lord Revan could have ruled an empire, made the galaxy strong again, instead he chose weakness, and ran away."
Darth Sion

JLazarillo
03.19.2013 , 08:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by XantosCledwin View Post
You all seem to be forgetting that the machine in question was
Spoiler
The machine doesn't exactly have any real reason to be lying, though. If it wasn't responsible for genetically engineering those races, what exactly, does it get from claiming to have done so?

XantosCledwin
03.19.2013 , 08:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
The machine doesn't exactly have any real reason to be lying, though. If it wasn't responsible for genetically engineering those races, what exactly, does it get from claiming to have done so?
It's consciousness is generated by the side of the force that is composed of mallice, rage, greed, and all sorts of other negative emotions. Why does it need to be gaining anything by lying about having created those races at all in the first place? The Machine could simply be a Mythomaniac (aka Compulsive Liar).
55 Mara / 14 Sniper / 2 Inq
41 Sin / 38 PTech / 31 Sage / 24 Vngrd / 11 Jugg
The Cledwin Legacy / The Shadowlands

JLazarillo
03.19.2013 , 09:50 PM | #19
It's consciousness is generated by the side of the force that is composed of mallice, rage, greed, and all sorts of other negative emotions. Why does it need to be gaining anything by lying about having created those races at all in the first place? The Machine could simply be a Mythomaniac (aka Compulsive Liar).
Simply put, truth in storytelling need serve no particular purpose. It's just exposition. But when a writer creates a lie as part of a story, there is supposed to be some sort of purpose behind it. Take it meta for a second and then ask "what does the writer of this story gain by lying to the audience?

Still, if we're going to go the route that assumes random NPC may lie just for the hell of it, though, consider the likely possibilities:
~The Inquisitor never went to Korriban. Instead, he was trained on Nabirrok, a wasteland planet populated by primarily near-humans whose brain chemistry makes them biologically incapable of speaking the truth.
~Lord Kallig isn't a ghost. He's actually 2V-R8 in a ghost suit, ala the style of Scooby-Doo. And 2V-R8 is actually the Emperor in a 2V-R8 suit.
~The entire story after the prologue is actually being narrated to us by the Inquisitor himself, who is lying to us while he slowly dies in the Dromund Kaas spaceport, having been stabbed in the back by Acolyte Kory (who, of course, being a native of Nabirrok, lied about being killed by Harkun).

SithKoriandr
03.19.2013 , 11:10 PM | #20
Thing is, the story seems more as likely true and players just don't like the idea of it being true.

"OMG! WHAT?! MY FAVORITE RACE WAS MADE BY THE RAKKTA?! NO! I DON'T ACCEPT IT!"

Basically, something along those lines.