Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A New Versus Series!

Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 10:50 AM | #1
With the Kaggath Tournament coming to a close, I thought that I would introduce a new versus series (to debut after the Kaggath Finale).

This versus series is based off of the Jedi Temple Apprentice Tournament, a tournament in which thirty-two appprentices would demonstrate their skills to gain a potential master. I have taken the layout of the tournament, slightly tweaked it, and took it to the extreme. Instead of students battling each other, I have taken some of the best of all time and pitted them against each other. Of course I will be putting my own spin on it

I created this series because I have grown extremely tired of seeing incredibly lop-sided match-ups or the Sidious/Luke vs. so-and-so. Thus I have painstakingly studied dozens of characters and created a bracket of thirty two competitors, and made the battles as close as possible. Below are the competitors. I will not say who is fighting who. Keep that a surprise.

[REDACTED]

You may spot a few oddballs in the mix, but I have done my best to create the closest battles possible. You may also be wondering why characters like Yoda aren't in the mix. The reason for that is because it is very difficult to find characters to match or even beat them, without disrupting the flow of the tournament. I mean, if someone can beat Yoda, then he/she has a pretty high chance of winning. But don't fret. I plan to have multiple tournaments over time. So your favorite characters may make it in.

After the primary tournament comes to a close, I will host a losers tournament- a tournament in which the losers from the above list will battle. Once the losers champion has been decided, he/she will battle the winner of the primary torunament in an epic Grand Finale.

Predictions as to who will face who? Who do you think will win in the end?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

LadyKulvax
03.16.2013 , 10:54 AM | #2
My main question is: when does it start?
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 10:57 AM | #3
I feel as if some of these are gonna be incredibly one sided, just due to the fact based on showings/feats of some of them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 10:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
My main question is: when does it start?
Shortly after the Kaggath Finale comes to a close.

Unless everyone wants it earlier?
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 11:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I feel as if some of these are gonna be incredibly one sided, just due to the fact based on showings/feats of some of them.
The later rounds probably, but I assure that I have tried to make the first round as close as possible. I will not be taking feats into account, because, when it gets down to it, all that matters is skill.

Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 11:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

Meh that is alright, should be over soon.

Quote:
The later rounds probably, but I assure that I have tried to make the first round as close as possible. I will not be taking feats into account, because, when it gets down to it, all that matters is skill.
But...feats can show skill. XD
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
03.16.2013 , 11:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

IMO the Kaggath has already been won by Traya, but they seem content to continue on, they could go on for another week, I don't know, it would be refreshing to debate something else.

EDIT: Could we also keep this as close to Dark vs Light as possible? makes debating these things far more approachable and doesn't fog up half these characters' abilities.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Selenial
03.16.2013 , 11:04 AM | #8
Maybe, but I think Aubere is good enough to match them so this won't happen, either it being a close match Like Bastilla vs Satele, or wether its with an odd environment or condition.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 11:05 AM | #9
But...feats can show skill. XD
Well, let's say we are pitting Revan against Qui-Gon Jinn (not an actual match-up). Revan may have greater feats, but Qui-Gon has shown superior skill.

Edit: By 'feats' I don't mean feats like 'leading armies' or 'conquered half the galaxy' or 'killed a buch of people' I'll probably discuss dueling feats (one-on-one), but not feats that have no relation to the battle at hand.

Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 11:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
IMO the Kaggath has already been won by Traya, but they seem content to continue on, they could go on for another week, I don't know, it would be refreshing to debate something else.
You're probably right, but I'll wait a bit to see what others think.