Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MM or Engi?

Jayshames
03.16.2013 , 06:22 AM | #11
Yer, currently in live if you have your defensives off cooldown you can literally 1v1 any class. plasma probe, interrogation probe, poison dart, explosive probe + series of shots with electrified railgun deals serious damage in a few seconds, not to mention it also stuns them for 2 sec while doing damage.

thefishdude
03.17.2013 , 07:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LHRFreak View Post
I personally love my MM sniper. I run with a "pure" MM spec 31/10/0 as it gives me the abilities i want/need from Engi and also gives me 90% of the stuff in MM. When it comes to PvE (my bread and butter if you will) MM is hard to beat. I can consistently do more dps than a full Engi specced sniper and a Lethality can't even come close. Ironically on my serer, Jung Ma, the most recent top dps was a MM specced sniper. As for PvP; I can't really say much. I don't generally PvP but the few times I have, I haven't had any real fun. MM tree has very little survivability rate outside of cover and it doesn't take long to have yourself targeted when you start critting for 4-7k. After that, be prepared to get targeted down and die quickly.
why on earth would you not take 3 points in Lethality in the Lethality tree?? 3% to your crit chance!! That's 3% of crit rating that you don't need in your gear; so, you can stack more power!!!

p.s. Eng sniper for the win!!!!!!

donnjon
03.17.2013 , 08:43 AM | #13
Crits taking a major nerf in 2.0. The way its looking at the moment, it looks like power going to be the best stat. Even over Cunning. Alacrity is getting a huge buff and looks to be pretty good for cast time spec like the MM.

SoonerJBD
03.17.2013 , 01:59 PM | #14
Marksmanship looks pretty competitive in the 2.0 parses.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606110

NoTomorrow
03.17.2013 , 04:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Yer, currently in live if you have your defensives off cooldown you can literally 1v1 any class. plasma probe, interrogation probe, poison dart, explosive probe + series of shots with electrified railgun deals serious damage in a few seconds, not to mention it also stuns them for 2 sec while doing damage.
you cannot 1vs1 deception on 1.7 currently with any sniper spec.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Zunayson
03.17.2013 , 04:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
you cannot 1vs1 deception on 1.7 currently with any sniper spec.
Assassins are much harder to play to the fullest potential than snipers are.

They're also insanely overpowered
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

AceOfThrawns
03.17.2013 , 05:12 PM | #17
Thanks for the help all ,

I'm gonna level MM until 50, but then I'm gonna try a 4/16/21

is this spec viable for good dps? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...boRZG0rkrMhz.2

Thanks again!
"Be what you would seem to be - or if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." -Lewis Carroll

donnjon
03.17.2013 , 05:43 PM | #18
I wouldn't recommand getting started with a hybrid spec, they're pretty much killing them with the exp. They're doing every thing they can to try and force people to follow trees to the top talent.

verfallen
03.17.2013 , 06:49 PM | #19
2/16/23 is the spec you want.

8% extra crit on cull has an impact on your energy regen, much more than 2% accuracy does, seeing as most of your attacks are tech.