Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping bosses in FP's.

Khayleth
03.14.2013 , 09:23 PM | #11
If the rest of the group wants to skip you skip, if the rest of the group doesn't want to skip you don't skip.

Don't be selfish.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Larry_Dallas
03.14.2013 , 10:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SerDjei View Post
First of all, it's not easy to find a group for dps, if you are not in a big guild. At my playing time, it takes 1-2 hrs. And when it finally happens, this is the usual scenario: bunch of well geared fellas going fast, don't wait for anyone, skip all possible bosses (especialy at "The Battle of Ilum")... And if u do something wrong (nobody care, that it's your first time here), they vote-kick you out of a group. I mean, i get it, when group gets a terrible player, who pulls all mobs in the area... But i'm not like that, i just don't know the path on 2-3 fp's, where i never were. But how can i gear up, if nobody wants to fight bosses? Forget about bonuses in 10-49 fp's, ain't nobody got time for that. But I just think, that it's not supposed to be like that, that ppl just take advantage of texture errors and bugs. And it needs fixing imo.

Sorry for my bad english.)
I've never been votekicked, but I think I can give you some advice.

#1 you need to take a deep breath

#2 if you've never done a flashpoint, say that ahead of time. Don't worry about your English. Say it. If you don't know the path or which mobs to even attack, usually the group will be patient if they know what's going on. If you don't say this and end up wiping the group, they'll think you're a moron or something.

#3 if you don't want to skip bosses, you need to speak up. "Hey, do you guys mind if we kill all the bosses?" That should suffice. Now, the tank may be pressed for time and say no, but they aren't going to know you want to kill the bosses if you're just quietly raging behind your keyboard without letting them know what you want

#4 best way to ensure there's no skipping? Roll a tank. The group has to go where you want and do what you want. Usually, they won't quit, either, since it takes a while to line up with another tank in queue. And they'll almost NEVER votekick you unless you trash talk them in chat.

#5 In 10-49 flashpoints, the likelihood of getting a group that's willing to do bonuses or kill all trash if someone suggests it is HIGH. But someone -must- suggest it first.

SerDjei
03.14.2013 , 11:49 PM | #13
Well, yeah, they were jerks... I did tell them, that it was my second time, and i asked them "hey guys, i need 2 bosses in here, Name and Name, ok?" "Ok". First bad sign was that when i asked for waiting (to not pull mobs), one dude said "Sorry, no waiting". I died twice, but that didn't bother me, bcs it's kinda my fault. Some of my gear got broken... One guy was like "Dude, u gear is broken, lol". I said "Yep, i know", but i didn't repaired at that moment, bcs there were some running ahead, and I could die again. When we got to the point, where there were more fights, then runnings, i asked for two minutes (to summon my droid and repair my gear), they didn't react, they were keep fighting, so i had to wait for a moment to use my droid (non-battle mode). Finally, when we got to the boss Name-1, that i need, they skipped him as well, and when i pointed out, that they kinda said, that we will kill him, dude said "yeah, i know" and moved ahead. Yeah, i realise, that they were a-holes... But that's not my first time. One time, when i said "It's my first time here", i got "sorry" and vote-kick.
Yeah, i was kinda pissed off yesterday. Thx, guys.

slafko
03.15.2013 , 01:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
#4 best way to ensure there's no skipping? Roll a tank. The group has to go where you want and do what you want. Usually, they won't quit, either, since it takes a while to line up with another tank in queue. And they'll almost NEVER votekick you unless you trash talk them in chat.
Not even then.
Yeah, i realise, that they were a-holes... But that's not my first time. One time, when i said "It's my first time here", i got "sorry" and vote-kick.
Are you playing on a European or Asia-Pacific server by any chance?

SerDjei
03.15.2013 , 02:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Are you playing on a European or Asia-Pacific server by any chance?
nope) Prophecy of the Five

Never_Hesitate
03.15.2013 , 03:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
The only reason to kick a tank is:
If a tank is very bad, one of the dps can respecc to a tank and is willing to do so

The time you have to wait on a new tank is too long to kick him for something a dps would have already been kicked for.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

slafko
03.15.2013 , 04:15 AM | #17
nope) Prophecy of the Five
I know, I was being polite.

mikebevo
03.15.2013 , 09:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The only reason to kick a tank is:
If a tank is very bad, one of the dps can respecc to a tank and is willing to do so

The time you have to wait on a new tank is too long to kick him for something a dps would have already been kicked for.
I will only vote to kick a tank or anyone for two reasons, belittling others or ninja. There is no need for that type of behavior by anyone. I have completed Taval V and D7 more than once without a tank using dps companion on my healer and if I am on my shadow, I'm not going to respec, but I have no problem finishing a HM FP (except LI) on her tanking.

Here I am talking big, but I have never instigated a kick and have only voted on 2. However, most group I've gotten into have been very nice. Most of my problem with missing tanks have been them DC or leaving after they didn't get a drop.

psandak
03.15.2013 , 11:08 AM | #19
As others have said, communication is key. If you want to kill all the bosses or want to get to the bonus boss or whatever, let the group know.

Last night I asked a group running HM FP battle of ilum, "speed run or all bosses?" One guy said speed run, one guy said all bosses, the third said don't care nor did I. The player who wanted to kill all bosses basically pleaded with the group to kill all bosses. We obliged . That being said, the DPS that wanted to speed run moved into all the various positions to skip bosses, but he did not rage quit.

And fact be known, killing all bosses in HM BoI adds all of seven minutes (I timed it) with a decent group.

Arandmoor
03.15.2013 , 01:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Khayleth View Post
If the rest of the group wants to skip you skip, if the rest of the group doesn't want to skip you don't skip.

Don't be selfish.
This goes for people who want to skip too.

When I've run the same flashpoint 9 times, and everyone always wants to skip everything except me because it's late in a release cycle and I'm low man on the gear totem pole for seemingly the entire community...

Something has to give. New players and alts shouldn't have to beg for handouts. This isn't a problem restricted to SWTOR. It's an issue with Themepark-MMO gaming in general that it seems nobody wants to address.