Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping bosses in FP's.

SerDjei
03.14.2013 , 12:24 PM | #1
First of all, it's not easy to find a group for dps, if you are not in a big guild. At my playing time, it takes 1-2 hrs. And when it finally happens, this is the usual scenario: bunch of well geared fellas going fast, don't wait for anyone, skip all possible bosses (especialy at "The Battle of Ilum")... And if u do something wrong (nobody care, that it's your first time here), they vote-kick you out of a group. I mean, i get it, when group gets a terrible player, who pulls all mobs in the area... But i'm not like that, i just don't know the path on 2-3 fp's, where i never were. But how can i gear up, if nobody wants to fight bosses? Forget about bonuses in 10-49 fp's, ain't nobody got time for that. But I just think, that it's not supposed to be like that, that ppl just take advantage of texture errors and bugs. And it needs fixing imo.

Sorry for my bad english.)

Akachan
03.14.2013 , 12:32 PM | #2
When a full tionese set is given to you the second you hit 50, getting gear from fp bosses becomes a waste of time. Most people are there for daily black hole commendations. The only real gear upgrade comes from the last boss of each FP which drop columi. Therefore, the faster you get there, the better.

mikebevo
03.14.2013 , 12:58 PM | #3
yeah, but that doesn't really help him if he is getting voted kicked for a accidental pull before then. You never get to the final boss, you never get upgrades.

Tell them you are new right away. I have never seen a group where 1 or 2 people didn't say "don't worry, just follow me." I always do that on my healers. Then you need to just stay right behind that person in single file. If you accidently pull, don't get defensive, just appoligize and go on. A accidental pull is no big deal in a flash point and easily recoverable if the group is staying close together. Until you know the instances, don't worry about crewskills, just keep up with the group as best as you can.

If they kick you for nothing more than a accidental pull, they are just jerks.

Jayshames
03.14.2013 , 01:13 PM | #4
Best bet is finding yourself a friendly guild willing to pull you through ops until your starting to get geared then you can probably queue alone (if you wanted).

There's plenty of guilds out there who have overgeared players for operations and can easily pull a fresh 50 through.
Hell, my guild often deliberately runs into boss' strong attacks just to spice things up a little

SWGEvictee
03.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #5
I foresee this typical FP run changing with 2.0. When all the bosses start droppin commendations few will be the groups that want to skip them.

abokado
03.14.2013 , 04:34 PM | #6
Do you actually them that you new? Because going into a fp and doing the usual route (we are talking about hm fps, right?) until you're suddenly in combat because somebody doesn't know the way but also didn't say anything is a bit annoying.
And with the free recruit/tionese set you don't need to kill the bosses except for the last one for loot, really. Nothing of value drops.

SWGEvictee
03.14.2013 , 04:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
And with the free recruit/tionese set you don't need to kill the bosses except for the last one for loot, really. Nothing of value drops.
Nothing of value drops now, but come update 2.0 all bosses will drop 2 commendations.

ekwalizer
03.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #8
There are a number of things you can do.

The first thing is inform the group at the beginning that you are unfamiliar with the FP. I have never, not one time, witnessed a negative reaction to someone saying that.

Next, ask the group if they mind doing a "full run". It will be hit or miss on this one. I never mind doing a full run, but reactions vary. As pointed out, you should be in full tionese anyway, for free.

If gearing up, is your priority then queue for Operations. Use the Blackhole comms you get at the end of the Ops/FPs to further gear up.

I don't know which AC you are, but if you are not Mara/Sent or Sniper/Slinger, you can consider talent respeccing into Heals or Tank. Doing that will drastically reduce the time you spend in a FP queue.

abokado
03.14.2013 , 08:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
Nothing of value drops now, but come update 2.0 all bosses will drop 2 commendations.
Yeah, when 2.0 hits everything will be a bit different since we are gonna need the drops and everything. ^^

sumuji
03.14.2013 , 08:55 PM | #10
As a tank I usually ask if someone is new and if we want a fast run. You have to put yourselves in the oither person's shoes though. This game has been out for almost a year and a half. A lot of lvl 50's are aldready established with gear and run HM for the daily quest. Most minor bosses in FP drop crap (on par with Tionese but normally even lessr blue stuff) Do you think this people want to spend that extra time dropping bosses for nothing? Most people are just there to finish the FP and that's why they typically take shortcuts in them.

That doesn't mean you can't kill the stuff though. Most of the minor fights are pretty fast. If you mention you'd like to kill something then the group should accomidate. On the flipside though you really need to want something the boss can potentially drop. Not for credits or gearing a companion....etc. I wouldn't be expecting a group to kill everything by default though. You need to speak up.