Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused about stats...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Confused about stats...

OldMike
03.14.2013 , 07:39 AM | #1
Hi folks,

I don't mean to post something that probably has an answer somewhere in these threads but I've done a few searches and haven't come up with anything. So if you would please, just a quick answer would be fine.

I've just rolled a JK Sent (L15) and am wondering what the priority of the top 3 stats are.
Strength
Endurance
Willpower

I've read that Willpower is not as important as STR and END.... but I thought Willpower drives the effectiveness of all Force activities. If there is a guide you know of that will help me just the link would be great and I'll get the information myself.

Thanks in advance,

OldMike
"Holy crap, I'm gonna need a bigger gun!" ~ OldMike
"Eat Lightsaber, jerk!" ~ Kira Carsen
"Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead!" ~ Corso Riggs

Ryat
03.14.2013 , 07:45 AM | #2
You don't need Willpower.
Ever.
Well getting the Willpower datacrons are fine as they don't take up any gear slots and are permanent. But after that, just say no to Willpower.

ZeroPlus
03.14.2013 , 08:48 AM | #3
Ryat is right.

Forget for a minute the Star Wars setting and think of SWTOR as if it were a normal "swords and sorcery" type game.

The Jedi Knight is a WARRIOR archetype. He gets in close and personal and whacks enemies with his "sword". He needs STRENGTH .

The Jedi Consular is a MAGE/SORCEROR archetype. He stays back and uses his "magic" to attack enemies. He needs WILLPOWER.

(As an aside: the Republic Trooper is a HUNTER/RANGER and so uses AIM; the Smuggler is a ROGUE and so uses CUNNING.)

Hope that helps.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Ramaral
03.14.2013 , 09:00 AM | #4
It depends on your tree, but a safe all around bet is

Pre lvl 50
Strength > Endurance > Power > Critical > Surge > Accuracy > Willpower (datacrons only)

Post lvl 50
Strength > Power > Accuracy > Surge > Critical > Endurance > Willpower (datacrons only)

Strength increases Damage and Crit.
Surge and Accuracy are interchangeable as a stat line on items. (Acc is more important post 50, less so as you level)
Power and Crit are interchangeable on stat line items.

Crit matters more for Watchman tree and Combat Pre 2.0 (the upcoming expansion). Focus spec needs little crit and should be entirely focused around power.

Final stat targets in current system should be somewhere around, 1900 to 2100 strength, 1800 ish endurance,
1000 to 1300 power, 100%+ accuracy > Critical 30% (buffed with smuggler) 72+% surge
This is Fully itemized with augments.
Warstalker Cronous Lightbringer
- Sentinel -
Vice Guildmaster of Undercon

OldMike
03.15.2013 , 12:17 AM | #5
Thanks to everyone for the replies. All were very informative. It's Strength & Endurance and I'm not looking back!
"Holy crap, I'm gonna need a bigger gun!" ~ OldMike
"Eat Lightsaber, jerk!" ~ Kira Carsen
"Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead!" ~ Corso Riggs