Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player.

Durbenmewgen
03.14.2013 , 05:31 AM | #1
I've just came back to the game and decided to roll a sniper, since i enjoyed my slinger so much.

I'm just curious on stat priority and rotation for a lethality pvp sniper.

TeRrAsHaDe
03.14.2013 , 06:25 AM | #2
Hello there! welcome back to the game!

Currently when i play my sniper i run: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bcZbcZGMbkrMGdhR.2
Spec for Raiding
Aiming for Crit: 40%
Surge: 75%
Accuracy: 100-110% (Ranged and Tech Respectively)
Then power

The rotation isnt to difficult just SS->CG->CD->WB->Cull->SoS>Sniper+(the move tha makes it autocrit totaly slips my mind atm)

Then other moves as fillers between culls you should get cull off on every CD and on the 3rd/6th/9th ect cull your *Weak Version* Dots should be about to run out so refresh them

I Play on "The Red Eclipse" server currently mostly on "Rogueoperative"so if your on there send me a whisper and ill be happy to help with your rotation stats/gear ect
RogueMarauder Level 55

Infalliable
03.14.2013 , 08:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TeRrAsHaDe View Post
Hello there! welcome back to the game!

Currently when i play my sniper i run: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bcZbcZGMbkrMGdhR.2
Spec for Raiding
Aiming for Crit: 40%
Surge: 75%
Accuracy: 100-110% (Ranged and Tech Respectively)
Then power

The rotation isnt to difficult just SS->CG->CD->WB->Cull->SoS>Sniper+(the move tha makes it autocrit totaly slips my mind atm)

Then other moves as fillers between culls you should get cull off on every CD and on the 3rd/6th/9th ect cull your *Weak Version* Dots should be about to run out so refresh them

I Play on "The Red Eclipse" server currently mostly on "Rogueoperative"so if your on there send me a whisper and ill be happy to help with your rotation stats/gear ect
This rotation is sub-optimal. Letting your weak version DOT ticks is a large DPS loss.

CG - CD - WB - Cull - SoS - Ambush - Cull - rifle shot - REPEAT

Is a better rotatoin.

You can also replace SoS-ambush with Orbital Strike - rifle - rifle -

Snipe is generally a poor dps skill for lethality. It does little damage and has a very high energy cost with no useful procs with it (like Marksman has).

Shatter shot can be used as well if no-one else in your raid is applying it.

Durbenmewgen
03.16.2013 , 10:31 AM | #4
Okay...so how about for a PVP build...lethality spec.

verfallen
03.16.2013 , 01:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Durbenmewgen View Post
Okay...so how about for a PVP build...lethality spec.
Doesn't change much, altough pvp will go for the lower cooldown on debilitate where PvE barely need it, and the slow on CG.