Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Xenoanalyst HM & SM gear requirements

Eternalnight
03.15.2013 , 10:05 AM | #11
16-man is a lot easier than 8-man anyway.

Some people have done the 16 man HM with only 12 people or even less than that.

If (and only if) the rest of group is good enough, you can have 2 or 3 people who are practically naked, with no gear at all (though they may not be the tanks).

steave
03.15.2013 , 10:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
I tried Xeno 8m HM with my sorc dd in columi gear and it didn't quite work. It was an alt run from my guild and I don't remember how the others were geared, though columi really is not quite enough. I mean, HM does drop T5, so, yeah.
For 16 man with a good group, it definitely is. Our last alt run had a significant part of the group in tionese/columi since everyone had ran out of proper alts and we where sc****** the barrel to get the group filled at all without having to pug, so on top of being very badly geared it was most peoples "oh I just hit 50 on this" or "I haven't played this in months" chars.
Having a marauder in the group is key though - the only real DPS check is the cores, and having a marauder (preferably carnage for greater speed) pop predation gives you a few more seconds to hit the core since you get there faster.

abokado
03.15.2013 , 12:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
I haven't had an issue yet with people mostly in Columi, but it is my understanding that 8m HM is a bit less loosey goosey than the snorefest that is 16m. Like I said, I haven't bothered with 8m HM yet as I don't see the point.

We three healed 16 HM the other day with all three healers in Columi and a piece or two of BH and I've been in groups where most of the damage dealers were in Columi or WH, as well. We're you augmented?
No, I wasn't, only hit 50 just recently and transferred some columi mods via the gree legacy stuff and had a couple WH pieces.

Daynna
03.20.2013 , 12:17 AM | #14
Oh sweet, I can actually try to find a xeno hm group now. Was going to ask if WH would work in place of BH.

steave
03.20.2013 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Daynna View Post
Oh sweet, I can actually try to find a xeno hm group now. Was going to ask if WH would work in place of BH.
Yes, you'd be fine assuming you can play your class well - however, many pug groups don't realize how easy it actually is and/or want more gear to make up for lack of skill, so most announcements I see ask for PVE 61 gear, so you may still have a hard time finding a group. Good luck though.

Eternalnight
03.20.2013 , 11:46 AM | #16
It really depends. In 16-man the ops leader may not have time to inspect everyone's gear in detail, so you may be able to lie and cheat your way into a group with fairly bad gear.

That is until the group fails to kill the boss and wipes and they start inspecting your gear more closely and you will find yourself to be the first one to be kicked out of the group

DarthScruffy
03.20.2013 , 12:05 PM | #17
Generally groups have gotten better equipped since the last event. I haven't wiped on an HM yet. In fact, he's been pretty easy.

Daynna
03.20.2013 , 07:48 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Yes, you'd be fine assuming you can play your class well - however, many pug groups don't realize how easy it actually is and/or want more gear to make up for lack of skill, so most announcements I see ask for PVE 61 gear, so you may still have a hard time finding a group. Good luck though.
Aside from expertise being useless outside of PvP, are there any other drawbacks to using wh gear in ops?

Thanks

Eternalnight
03.20.2013 , 08:17 PM | #19
Aside from expertise being useless outside of PvP, are there any other drawbacks to using wh gear in ops?

Thanks
Many of the PvP set bonuses are completely useless in PvE (although there are PvP set bonuses that benefit you in PvE too, depends on the class and spec)

For some classes/specs actually having the PvE set bonus makes a huge difference. For others not so much.

steave
03.20.2013 , 08:38 PM | #20

Thanks
Set bonus, as mentioned in the last post (although in some cases the PVP set bonus is better/equal even for PVE), but other than that augmented WH is equivalent to stock rakata. The PVP gear get the expertise at the cost of a a large part of the normal stat budget for that type of item and level being removed.
Exceptions are mainhand and offhand - WH still has the same rating as other 61 items, so a WH main/off hand is slightly better than rakata due to the extra weapon damage and force/tech power making up for the lower stats.