Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your opinion on mob-dodging in flash points?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What's your opinion on mob-dodging in flash points?

Brittaany_Banks
03.14.2013 , 01:42 PM | #31
I think this is something BW is trying to address covertly. They increased trash credit drops in TFB when it was introduced and I think this is an indication that they are trying to incentize trash killing.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

SWGEvictee
03.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
I think this is something BW is trying to address covertly. They increased trash credit drops in TFB when it was introduced and I think this is an indication that they are trying to incentize trash killing.
That and the fact that all bosses will start droppin commendations after 2.0 should change a lot of peoples minds on the topic.

abokado
03.14.2013 , 04:29 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Yep, when I'm doing TFB with my guild we pick up every trash group for the credits since killing them can compensate a little of the repair costs.

@op: There's your answer! When trash drops enough credits and you expect to wipe you're more inclined to pick up trash, I guess. But then again, TFB is an operation and not a flashpoint you do hundreds of times.

Irishay
03.14.2013 , 04:32 PM | #34
I don't mind skipping mobs as long as it's fairly easy to do so, I do it a lot. It's really funny though, with all the derps or new people in PUGS, that the tank or whoever attempting to lead actually endangers the group trying to bypass. There have been plenty of times in FPs when the "shortcut" ended up causing more trouble than just spending a few seconds to kill things. I'm sort of amazed these kind of people haven't figured that out yet...

Twickers
03.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #35
Why kill trash? They barely drop enough credits to make it worth it except for TFB with the loads of credits you get off mobs, now if they did that for FP's and made it worth it to kill the trash, then yes I would vote for killing everything, however it wouldn't break my heart to skip trash even if they dropped more credits since I can make more just running dailies anyways, when I get 5-600 credits a group, who needs FP trash?
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

ekwalizer
03.14.2013 , 06:07 PM | #36
I prefer to skip them. Though I never complain if the group majority wants a full run.

Why do I prefer to skip them? The don't drop anything.

BanJoGG
03.15.2013 , 02:01 AM | #37
Personally I like a full run the first time I did a run in SM. this is because I like to run it the way the developers designed it. After that and especially in HM I prefer to skip. I do sometime kill everything if I'm levelling an alt as the extra exp is always welcome but can't remember the last time I did a full run as a 50 in HM.
Vanguards - We walk softly and carry a big gun.

Ardarell_Solo
03.15.2013 , 06:54 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Personally I want to skip; one of my healers is now full 63 and the other is full bh/campaign, so I donít even need the comms on her. Only reason I enter group finder now is to pay back the community that helped me gear up. When I enter group finder I am making a promise to the group to do everything possible to make it a smooth and successful run. If someone ask, speed or full run, I never vote until 2 other group members agree, then I vote with the majority. I never enter group finder unless I have enough time to do a full run. However, I would much rather do a speed run, but what I want means nothing if that is not what the majority of the group wants.
If only everbody played like that! Big thumbsup to you!!
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

Seireeni
03.16.2013 , 05:03 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandmoor View Post

Nobody's been answering the second question I asked.

What would make you kill trash every time without fail?
If the mobs would actually be challenging, I'd love to fight them every time. But I guess this could increase wipes.
Also if the rest of the group wants to kill them, I'm fine. Though I'd like a person to say in the chat "hey, can we not skip anything/do the bonus/do full run". I've once had Hammer Station with 1 dps and 1 tank who didn't say anything, but attacked every single mob in the fp. They even run to the mobs that were nowhere near our path and even though I activated the drill with scavenging, they still took the longer path and fought everything in there, while me and the healer were sitting next to the boss, waiting.
I mean, I understand if you don't want to skip everything, but that was pretty...extreme.

gtangtan
03.18.2013 , 08:32 AM | #40
skip everything, even the boss. as long as i get my BH comms, i'm happy. Been doing fp since launch and i can't stand killing another raghoul or monster or imperial. or i just spec into focus with the other dps and one shot all the mobs... that works
Blading-Wind --- Leria --- Racing-rain---Beksers --- Cyanic-Scorch --- Crimson-Torch Asylum - The Harbinger
Blading-thunder --- Rulia --- Cloaked-Dagger