Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

psandak
03.22.2013 , 08:55 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Personally I don't understand the purpose of light side Sith... such character would probably commit suicide on Korriban and that'd be end of his/her saga :-)
You obviously failed to read my early post in this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
LS/DS are relative. LS is not necessary good and DS is not necessarily evil.

In the case of an imperial - LS tends to be loyal to the empire and takes a long view approach (why kill everyone when they can serve the empire in some fashion). On the other hand, DS tends to be more self-centered and takes a shorter view (this person/these people have pissed me off...they die now).

Both mentalities can be "evil" - those lives you did not extinguish (because you chose the LS option) are now serving the empire as slaves toiling in a toxic swamp.

zzoorrzz
03.22.2013 , 09:07 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
You obviously failed to read my early post in this thread:
well I was talking about Sith, not Imperial, anyway...

I have lvl 50 agent and I think what u say is not entirely true. I didn't really go for light/dark even though my agent is more or less evil character, I wanted to be reasonable and do what's the best for the Empire all the time + sometimes I showed my kind face too (often had to do something with attractive women involved). Still I have ended up with 2000 light, 8700 dark when I reached lvl 50.

_biddan_
03.22.2013 , 09:58 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Personally I don't understand the purpose of light side Sith... such character would probably commit suicide on Korriban and that'd be end of his/her saga :-)
my light V jugg is a darth,so much for committing suicide.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

ADCAPStriker
03.22.2013 , 10:48 AM | #44
The only thing I would say is wrong with it is if you are doing group quests and don't tell people you are a light side sith. that's kind of messed up.

Madrack
03.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
as the title says.. get so much rage and QQ from people when i say i play light side sith saying "the empire is evil and your character should be evil"..

that's BS the empire isn't evil (imo).. i mean sure it has a few bad eggs, but the republic aint no good guy club either..
It's not you....it's the Luke Skywalker underroos you wear.
If violence isn't the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Mellina
03.29.2013 , 11:17 AM | #46
I'm light side Sith too for my Sith Warrior. I can't bring myself to do the Dark side conversation options.

Bastila-chan
03.29.2013 , 11:55 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ADCAPStriker View Post
The only thing I would say is wrong with it is if you are doing group quests and don't tell people you are a light side sith. that's kind of messed up.
Ehm, why? It's not like other people get light side points if you win, they changed that ages ago. I don't see why you should let people know in advance what's your affinity. Diversity is fun.

LadyKohastFel
03.30.2013 , 06:20 AM | #48
I'm gonna roll a sith pureblood light-side jedi

COME AT ME HATERS
I am miles ahead of you on that one.

My Sith Jedi is a paragon of goodness and light.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

jovianus
03.30.2013 , 10:31 AM | #49
as the title says.. get so much rage and QQ from people when i say i play light side sith saying "the empire is evil and your character should be evil"..

that's BS the empire isn't evil (imo).. i mean sure it has a few bad eggs, but the republic aint no good guy club either..
After spending some time near the cantina on the Imperial Fleet today, I should actually ask for clarification.

When you say 'Light Side Sith' do you mean as in the mechanical point system, or do you mean in the "Oh, I'm the nicest bubbliest person you'll ever meet, I just accidentally wandered into the Sith Academy one day and somebody handed me a diploma." sense?

Because for the reasons all ready discussed getting hepped up about hte points is a bit silly, as you can rack up LS points while still helping the Empire further it's racist, oppressive goals .

If it's the latter..well..yeah.

Ghostbacon
03.30.2013 , 12:45 PM | #50
Idk, maybe it's because those who play LS Sith or DS Jedi think they're being so original, that they'll stand out, when they don't . As if no one else has thought about the concept of playing opposite of type before .