Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics

Canavet
03.10.2013 , 11:33 AM | #1
Can someone explain to me what are relics... what good are they and how do I get them?

Thanks in advance

Gidrea
03.10.2013 , 11:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Canavet View Post
Can someone explain to me what are relics... what good are they and how do I get them?

Thanks in advance
You can equip two relics. They usually have a passive stat, usually endurance, and some have a boost that can be activated for a short burst.

At lower levels, you can buy relics cheaply from the light or dark side vendor on the fleet. You need to be Light II or Dark II and level 19 to be able to equip the lowest one. The stats get better as your alignment increases, along with your character level. There are also relics available on the GTN. (they come from Missions, possibly treasure hunting).

At level 50, there are relics available from the Daily Comm Vendors, and the Black Hole Comm vendors. They also drop as loot in operations. Some of these are all passive stats, while some still have a boost that can be activated.

Equip relics in a relic slot on your character sheet, then drag it to one of your quick bars to be able to activate the boost. (If it's just a passive, or "equip" stat, you don't need to do this.)

There is also a Matrix Cube you can make from the colored matrix shards you collect from datacrons. Different color combinations create different stats. I have a list here, although it has been known to change.

Hope this helps!
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Canavet
03.10.2013 , 11:56 AM | #3
This absolutely helps! Many thks...

homeloard
04.10.2013 , 05:34 PM | #4
An additional question. When I activate a buff from a relic it does not change any of the stats for the 15 seconds or whatever the cast time is. Should I not see a change to the stats? I was thinking you could not have two of the same type but nothing changes with different types.

Thanks for the help.
Cunning over comes everything.

Khevar
04.10.2013 , 05:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by homeloard View Post
An additional question. When I activate a buff from a relic it does not change any of the stats for the 15 seconds or whatever the cast time is. Should I not see a change to the stats? I was thinking you could not have two of the same type but nothing changes with different types.

Thanks for the help.
When I activate my +Power clicky relic, I'm able to see the difference in my stats.

Because power isn't it's own stat on the character sheet, I have to look at other stats like Bonus Damage and such.