Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keybinding a Logitech G600 mouse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Keybinding a Logitech G600 mouse

Toxxo
03.09.2013 , 02:44 PM | #1
Hello all.
Ok, I'm not a particularly new player but I think this post may help others as well as myself, assuming it gets some in depth replies.
I'm just wondering if anyone else uses a Logitech G600 mouse and if so, how are you binding the keys on both the mouse and the keyboard? I've been playing with keys 1-0 bound to G9-G20 on the mouse (the thumb buttons, basically) but I'm sure this could be improved? I'm quite wary of rebinding keys in case I screw it up and make the game unplayable. If anyone could take the time to help me out you'd have my sincerest appreciation.

NewbieFett
03.10.2013 , 04:42 PM | #2
I use a Razer Naga, which is similar to your mouse with the 12 thumb buttons on the side. I personally can't put my main attacks on those side buttons because I would just be fumbling around on the mouse and probably clicking the wrong buttons a bunch. This is my set-up:
Main Action Bar: 1,2,3,4,5,Q,E,R,F,C,X,Z keys
Action Bar 2: Shift + all keys for action bar 1
Action Bar 3: T,G,V, as well as shift and control + T,G,V (only use 9 slots on this bar)
Action Bar 4: The bottom 9 buttons on the side of my mouse (again, only use 9 slots on this bar).
Action Bar 5: One-in-a-while Clickables, such as my class buff, stances, speeder, etc.

The top left two buttons on my mouse (G9 and G10 on the Logitech G600) are my targeting buttons.
Next Enemy: G9
Previous Enemy: Control + G9
Nearest Enemy: Shift + G9
Friendly targeting: Same, except using G10.

The bottom three buttons on the side of my mouse are as follows for all my characters:
Crowd Control Breaker: G18
Instant Resource Generation (i.e. Enrage for Juggernaut)/ Other utility skill for other classes: G19
Out of Combat Regeneration: G20

The six buttons in the middle on the side of my mouse are my defensive cooldowns, stealth, guard, etc. as applicable.

For my T,G,V action bar:
T-Taunt (Stim Boost on my agent)
Shift+ T- AoE Taunt
Control + T- Intimidating Roar (aoe CC)
G - Endure Pain
Shift + G - Warzone Medpack
V/Shift+V/Control+V: Defensive Cooldowns / Utility Skills

For my attacks on my main action bar and action bar 2, I try to put things where they make sense and where I won't be fumbling around trying to press the buttons while moving. I also try to keep similar abilities on the same keys with all my characters so I can retain some muscle memory when I change characters (for example, my interrupt ability is always on my 4 key). For healing classes, I try to arrange my keys so that my damage skills in heal spec stay on mostly the same keys as my damage skills in DPS spec.

This was mainly written based on my 50 tanking Juggernaut and 36 Operative (who I swap between heals and concealment), by the way. Sorry if I explained anything in a confusing manner. It's a lot easier to just do it than to talk about it

Toxxo
03.11.2013 , 01:03 PM | #3
That is fantastic. Just what I needed! Many many thanks mate!

Aberd
06.20.2013 , 07:21 AM | #4
I used the Naga Razer mouse until I wore out the right mouse button . Now I am using the Logitech G600. I also use the Belkin N52te.

Unlike NewbieFett, I actually find it convenient to have the thumb buttons be my action bars 1 thru = (1-12). So I don't do anything special with trying to remap the mouse buttons.

On the N52te are my movement abilities and button modifications (ie. shift, control and Alt). I've also setup my targeting on the N52te and a few other frequently used commands. Unlike the mouse thumbpad, I have modified the key mapping on the N52te as follows:
01 = Tab = Next Target
02 = Q = Previous Target
03 = W = Forward
04 = E = Next Friend
05 = B = Bag/Inventory
06 = Shift
07 = A = Strafe Left
08 = S = Back
09 = D = Strafe Right
10 = M = Map
11 = CTRL
12 = V = Target Companion
13 = X = Sit
14 = F = Cover in Place
15 = Space = Jump
16 = L Alt

The rest of my keybinding is done in game. In short, I use button modifiers to correspond to different action bars.
Action Bar #1 = No modifier
Action Bar #1 = Shift
Action Bar #3 = CTRL
Action Bar #4 = Alt
Action Bars 5 & 6 = not key binding (I keep rarely used abilities such as QT, sprint, stance and repair droid on these bars)
Companion Bar = CTRL+Alt
Then to quickly mark mobs Shift+Alt 1 thru 8 (with a quick reference guide sticky noted to my monitor )

Finally, to help me associate the appropriate action bar button with a thumb button, I've created a custom UI where I have modified the action bars to be 3 wide x 4 tall where the top left button is 1 and the bottom right is =.

For anyone new to the G600 or Razer Naga, it takes a little time to get used to the buttons; it took me 2-3 weeks to get fully comfortable using the thumb buttons, but now I can't play without it.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

The_lizard
06.21.2013 , 09:55 AM | #5
You have to use the logitech software to bind the buttons on the mouse to whatever keys on your keyboard you choose by making a profile.

abhaxus
06.21.2013 , 10:40 AM | #6
I mapped the buttons to be the right side of my keyboard. So top row is u i o p, second row jkl;, third row nm,.

I tried using it as ctrl modified keys but I kept getting weird movement glitches. Have had zero problems since I set this up. Don't forget that tilting the wheel left and right is mouse4 and mouse 5.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando