Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What mode is better for jaesa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What mode is better for jaesa?

Jixk
03.09.2013 , 12:37 AM | #1
I have Jaesa for a while now and I pulled up her abilities to activate some of them. It was then that I noticed an incineration mode. I am new when it comes to companions although I am lvl 38. I don't know what is better, her normal damage mode or her incinerate mode. Please experienced players, help me. All legit answers welcome.

VorKoom
03.09.2013 , 03:33 AM | #2
Both are viable Stances for Jaesa, The Perforation stance if remember correctly increses Armour Penetration where as the Incinerate provides a chance to apply a DoT(Damage over Time) to the enemy, so it's entirely up to you to choose which you wish. When I was leveling my Sith Warrior I used the Perforation stance for Jaesa, however with Ashara on my Inquisitor I used Incineration as I felt that was more suited to her with her being a Sentinel, it's all up to personal preference really.

Draloch
03.09.2013 , 11:18 PM | #3
Most pure damage dealing companions have the choice of 15% armor penetration or a damage over time effect.

When I'm doing solo content, I prefer the 15% armor penetration because often times enemies die before the DoT effect has a chance to do much damage. I'd rather my companion just hit harder all the time.

When I'm fighting gold star enemies (like major class story arcs) or using a companion for a heroic quest, I switch them over to the damage over time effect. I assume that it does more damage overall than the armor penetration if it has a little bit of time to tick away.

Demoniclazer
03.09.2013 , 11:56 PM | #4
Go vanguard to win the game

VorKoom
03.10.2013 , 04:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Demoniclazer View Post
Go vanguard to win the game
That is really not helpful at all now is it?