Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here come the multi-boxers >.<

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here come the multi-boxers >.<
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
03.08.2013 , 10:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Antasius View Post
Chicken little this people:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/bli...battlegrounds/

The sky looks dark... the dark side of real-life it is.
Just speculation on my part mind you...... but in checking your post history.... you have 5 posts.... all in this thread.

Are you by any chance the quy in question.... and are putting your toes into the water in this forum to see if player feedback supports multi-boxing or to glean info on if it will even work well or not? Or maybe trying to create buzz about it in other game forums?

Not picking on you.... I am genuinely curious.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Crawelc
03.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Antasius View Post
Chicken little this people:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/bli...battlegrounds/

The sky looks dark... the dark side of real-life it is.
Hillarious
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Antasius
03.08.2013 , 10:53 AM | #13
"Just speculation on my part mind you...... but in checking your post history.... you have 5 posts.... all in this thread.

Are you by any chance the quy in question.... and are putting your toes into the water in this forum to see if player feedback supports multi-boxing or to glean info on if it will even work well or not? Or maybe trying to create buzz about it in other game forums?

Not picking on you.... I am genuinely curious. "

I am a new SWTOR subscription player, but oldschool wow junkie. I wouldn't even have posted here if the multi-boxer above didn't come right out and say what they said. I'm just putting the pieces together like everyone else eh.

Trollokdamus
03.08.2013 , 11:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
That guy spent over $43,000 on WoW subs alone. Plus he had to pay for the box because I think only the initial game came with sub time and all the expacs did not. Plus someone that addicted to crack --- I mean a game more than likely paid extra for those over priced mounts and such.

Yep, he mad.

The idiot deserves to be fleeced if he gave that much devotion to a game.
So he's an idiot just because he can afford to invest such a sum of money into his hobby? I sense jealousy

Mallorik
03.08.2013 , 11:04 AM | #15
i can see two or 3 boxing in a few games, i two boxed in daoc (everyone did) but when you start getting up to 4 or 5 boxes you have problems. But 40?? *** dude? Im betting this 40 box guy is a raving lunatic and i would love to see an interview with him.

Mallorik
03.08.2013 , 11:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
So he's an idiot just because he can afford to invest such a sum of money into his hobby? I sence jealousy
He plays 40 characters at once in an mmo, if he can afford it then imo its not the money that makes him an idiot at all.

oh never mind, almost everythng about this story makes this guy an idiot.

Stoofa
03.08.2013 , 11:06 AM | #17
No, jealousy would be when you're in a position where you "wished" you were able to do the same as someone else.
I'm sorry, but no matter how rich I was or much spare time I had, playing loads of characters at the same time online in a multiplayer game is NOT something I wish I could do - far from it.

I enjoy playing the game because I'm actually "playing" it. Running around with a load of other characters all doing the same thing is not playing the game at all.
Also - the clue is in the name "multiplayer". I interact with real people in the games I play - I'm not too caught up in my own world that I cannot make friends, even short term ones to simply get past some content.

In awe? Quite possibly. In awe because I can think of a million and one things I could spend 400 on each month.
I'm not in awe of the fact he obviously cannot make in-game friends and if he's got the time and money to do this, he cannot make real-life friends either.

So jealousy? Definitely not.

MinkyMike
03.08.2013 , 11:08 AM | #18
Good this game needs the money and support of people buying muti accounts. I never had any problems with muti-boxers in pve or pvp. So let them come. More money to hopefully get this game back on track someday.

Joesixxpack
03.08.2013 , 11:14 AM | #19
40? Hahaha! Can't wait to see Darth Neckbeard's horde take over the line at the next Ilum event.

SteelPiranha
03.08.2013 , 12:09 PM | #20
Don't multiboxers need to use macros? I'm not an expert at this game, but I thought we can't have macros other than just normal keybinding.

Having said that, wouldn't the multiboxer need some kind of 3rd party software also? <against TOS