Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions are TOO DAMN HARD

Atramar
03.08.2013 , 07:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Duriek View Post
still too hard and no fun
then do normal space missions. they'r easy and 'fun'.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

ChicagoBearsFan
03.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #12
^
That's what she said.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

LarryRow
03.08.2013 , 08:36 AM | #13
And the rent is TOO DAMN HIGH.

But seriously, I tried these a few times and gave up. They're a mess on my lower-end machine. Fun and progress for time invested is simply not worth it.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

CCThrawn
03.08.2013 , 09:06 AM | #14
And yes I am using everything at my disposal, even when the guides suggest TO use the EMP and such. It's just too difficult. I don't get it, I've tried EVERYTHING. I want to enjoy this, I love space combat stuff, but this is just absurd!

Atramar
03.08.2013 , 09:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CCThrawn View Post
And yes I am using everything at my disposal, even when the guides suggest TO use the EMP and such. It's just too difficult. I don't get it, I've tried EVERYTHING. I want to enjoy this, I love space combat stuff, but this is just absurd!
Some like it hard and long.
Soft, short and easy are still there.
There is a reason why they are called 'Heroics'.
It's not like you missing anything out by not doing it, and it's matter of practice. In past minefield was considered 'hard', and one could fail it fro time to time. Now it's a walk in a park.

Nothing worth having comes easy.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Monthigos
03.08.2013 , 10:22 AM | #16
Hey OP, don't let the responders get you down. There are always a few people in the crowd that can plow through difficult content via tenacity or natural skill and have no qualms telling everyone it's easy. I'm right there with you. I just got my ship geared out and I'm finding these mission more irritating than enjoyable.

And I get it. After doing nothing but Ascendancy Barrier, Clouds of Vondoru and Aeten Defense you are ready for something new, and you get this. Oh well.
Forum Winner

DarthGile
03.08.2013 , 11:08 AM | #17
I represent the "Space Missons are TOO DAMN HARD" party. I log into the game and put RP clothes on my guy! He's ready to go space hunting. But he can't... Why? You said it, cause Space Missions are TOO DAMN HARD!"

Do you hear that child crying? She's crying because her father can't put food on her plate. She's crying because he can no longer pretend he's StarFox in this game... Why? The Space Missions are TOO DAMN HARD!"

jjones_
03.08.2013 , 11:34 AM | #18
You might want to try downgrading your Beam Generator to the Rendili Hyperworks Beam Generator instead of the Blast Condenser. I know the math means 6 bolts x 200 damage is better than 10 bolts x 100 (or 110 depending on upgrades) but in practice the missions contain so many one-hit-kill nuisances that I find the extra blaster damage less appealing than hitting enemies faster. I find it much easier to complete missions using the following equipment;

Ship Armour - G6 (extra health isn't required when you learn how to dodge plus gives extra 5 blaster damage)
Shield Regen -G7 or G6. (G7 means you can take more hits, G6 is an extra 5 blaster damage)
Energy Shield - G7
Beam Charger - G7
Beam Generator - G6
Missile Magazine - G7
Power Converter - G7
EMP - G7
Warfare Pod - G7
Proton Torpedos

I run the missions on multiple characters, they take a good number of attempts to learn the circuits and work out when its best to use EMP, Warfare Pod and power converter but once you get "it" the missions become very easy. I also subscribe to the circle about the screen method, barrel rolling has gotten me into more trouble than its saved me from.
Server - The Red Eclipse
L55 Sorcerer / Assassin / Juggernaut / Marauder / Operative / Sniper / Mercenary / Powertech - Guardian / Sage / Scoundrel

mattchanner
03.08.2013 , 11:43 AM | #19
If they are too hard you are doing them wrong. You have to use your abilities efficiently. and just in case you don't know, you can buy upgrades for your ship.... I have no problem with the heroic space missions even getting the bonus objectives without my health going below 3/4.
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

BanthaRaider
03.08.2013 , 11:45 AM | #20
Maybe its time for this: U cant finish the Heroic space missions? think they are
to hard?

If u can get it on video.. show us 1 or 2 attempts. With G7 gear this missions are easy as hell.
Once i see a new post about " uhuh Heroic space is impossible and to hard" i only get in mind.. this guy crushes into asteroids or crates all the time or this couldnt be true.

Maybe its really lag on a few machines but for the rest.. if u can get it on video.. upload and link it into this chat so ppl
can help and suggest whats going wrong