Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day- Wednesday 3/6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question of the Day- Wednesday 3/6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YoshiRaphElan
03.06.2013 , 01:20 PM | #21
I'll give the reasons for liking each one, since I can't decide.

Deceived: It was just...epic. The first time I saw it, I was sure Malgus was Darth Malak returned from the dead, and when I saw the first Sith Lord (Adraas) step out of the shuttle, I got an eerie feeling he was Revan. Of course I know now I'm wrong, but that whole video gave me a KOTOR vibe, and I like KOTOR vibes. The final duel between Zallow and Malgus was too great for words. I felt an almost physical punch in the gut when the lightsaber ripped open Zallow's gut.

Hope: I've always been a Spec-Ops fan. I love G.I.Joe, I loved Karen Traviss' Republic Commando novels. As soon as I saw Jace Malcom I knew I had to have a trooper in-game. I watched in fear as he was nearly executed, and then when Satele jumped down my first thought was "She looks like Bastila!" The second was "She also looks like Serra Keto!" And then when Malgus stabbed her I was sure he'd gotten another one, only to be relieved when she caught the blade in her hand. Then the trooper comes in and blows Malgus away, apparently sacrificing himself...but to top it all off, Satele gives this bloody massive Force push and blows Malgus to smithereens! So that's why he wears the mask....

Return: As soon as I saw Satele I said "Here we go again, this is gonna be good!" Then the fighting started. The trooper and the smuggler made me made me gleefully cheer as they shot down the Imperials. Then came The Fight. All four of them clashing their lightsabers together to form a diamond...the Zabrak throwing his lightsaber to save Satele in the time it took the Sith Master to duck...and then Satele gets up. "Go, Satele. You must walk a different path." Moment I heard those words, my heart sunk. Oh, he's dead. Then Satele runs and does her awesome flip over the wreckage, and throws her lightsaber to her master who without even hesitating jumps in the air and catches it and actually wields it one-handed! Then he kills Vindican and when Malgus pulled the lightsaber to him I thought he's toast. Sure enough...there goes the Jedi. And then Malgus executes his own Master in a very Darth Bane-ish moment and I watched it again. And then I called my brother and we watched it together. And...wow.

LtGeneralGezlin
03.06.2013 , 01:28 PM | #22
I love them all, but Return is my true favorite. Seeing the smuggler whip out his blasters+he fricking sweet ride, I KNEW what class I was playing at launch. OF course, Deceived is awesome because it was just Malgus' voice over, and all action. Seeing Coruscant in flames and the Temple crumbling was sadding.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 01:44 PM | #23
*edit*
double posting cause the forum was weird
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 01:45 PM | #24
Have to go with Return. Nico Okarr is bada**. That scene with him walking down the hall with his coat flying behind him, double blasters blazing - a-mazing. And then the fight scene at the end, great moments all over the place in this piece.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Jacen_Starsolo
03.06.2013 , 01:49 PM | #25
Honestly, I have to say Return by a whisker over Deceive.

May be it's the Sith in me.

But the funny thing is, I wonder not everyone's favorite but who else used to think they were in the wrong chronological order?

At first I thought it was supposed to be Return then Deceive then Hope. Something bothered me with Malgus having the breather in what I thought was the second and not have it in the third though. Then read the journal in the CE and realized I had them in the wrong order.

Jonoku
03.06.2013 , 02:24 PM | #26
Tough choice, I'll have to go with "Hope" Because I respect the troopers stubborness to surrender and that one soldier gave it his all.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

GalnarDegana
03.06.2013 , 02:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Have to go with Return. Nico Okarr is bada**. That scene with him walking down the hall with his coat flying behind him, double blasters blazing - a-mazing. And then the fight scene at the end, great moments all over the place in this piece.
That scene gives me chills to this second. I watch this trailer probably once a month still. When he is covering the soldiers' and Jedi's backs, with those awesome Smith-&-Wesson-and-BlasTech-had-a-baby blasters, it just makes me want to cheer. It is so typical of a Smuggler to be handcuffed one minute by "the authorities" and to be saving their butts a minute later because a mutual enemy shows up. It is a kind of instantaneous adoption into his crew.

Also, we cannot deny that the award for single greatest lightsaber fight has to go to one that involves someone dual-wielding a single-bladed AND double-bladed lightsaber.

Boyana
03.06.2013 , 03:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Today's question of the day is...

Which SWTOR cinematic trailer is your favorite?

The answer undoubtedly is Return. That fight scene...

-eric
Deceived and Return, because in those scenes Malgus is amazing...I mean

Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Deceived with Darth Malgus

Or should I say Emperor Malgus

Orlesian
03.06.2013 , 03:45 PM | #29
I love them all really.

But if I have to choose it would be Return. That Smuggler is yummy and such a show stealer~

<3
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

MajikMyst
03.06.2013 , 04:34 PM | #30
I am going to have to say both Return and Hope.. Those two are awsomesauce!!
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.