Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Endgame Crafting Goes Buh-Bye in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Endgame Crafting Goes Buh-Bye in 2.0

MrHotter
03.08.2013 , 10:57 AM | #41
It sounds more like this will open up end game crafting to more players. The mods people will want to have in order to start end game raiding can be made by most max skill crafters.

This just means that end game raiders will not be going into some raids for the first time with better gear than what will be dropping.
"I have infinite capacity to do more work as long as you don't mind if my quality approaches zero" -Dilbert

Anishor
03.09.2013 , 03:25 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by mithrelkhaar View Post
more like the sound of someone stating a known fact from most MMOs, and people calling it opinion
'most mmos' in this case are poorly designed MMOs for losers who want to epeen over other players with gear that their teams carried them to get. Good players know they're good and don't need to a red badge of honor to show off their skill. ( Same thing with Athletes. ) Don't need to talk big, they let the fact that they're the best in their field do that talking.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Reapermoonshadow
03.12.2013 , 12:43 AM | #43
hi all i am wandering is ,,i spent a mouth reing all the armoring and mods and .u get nothing but the advanced for mods and armoring,,i did not use any one mods but what i crafted and got the advanced pretty quick.the thing that makes me mad is that to get the 27s crafter should earn from makeing all the mods advance an get a prize,,in a sence.so in less u do the high end raids and reing the mods and armoring from them there no chance to get 27 thats lame in my eyes i have spent so maney credits to master cybertech..and what the prize for that.foot to @ss
i thank u should be able to get the schmatic to make 27 for any crafter onece u fully master all mods and armoring to advance not from coms 2,0 i hope fixes that just my lame thanking but it just sames that u can .get (9-22) from trainers why not (24 to 27) as well if u master all the advanced..as a crafter.. just a out look on what i see thax

Reuta
03.12.2013 , 02:07 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I've never ever ever sold any piece of gear for that sort of absurd profit. I was exaggerating for comedic effect.

Currently, with the lowered interest in grade 27 gear on live (anticipation of 69-72) one piece of my armoring sells for ~800k. If I keep watch over the GTN, I can pick up molecs for ~85k and mandiron for ~9k. I've plenty of durasteel/zal alloy/matrixes so I haven't factored that into costs for a while.

6 x 85k + 8 x 9k = 582k. Sell for 800k == 218k profit.

Before 2.0 hit the PTS armoring was selling for ~1.3 million, molecs were ~140k and mandiron was ~11k == ~400k profit.

I expect grade 30 gear to turn a similar profit.
Too true Khevar too true.
Mauduin/Artamon
Ascension
Begeren Colony

Slicksteezin
03.12.2013 , 07:41 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by mithrelkhaar View Post
more like the sound of someone stating a known fact from most MMOs, and people calling it opinion
LOL win.

He's right though, an ideal MMO economic system should not have crafting valued as much as it is in this game. It's supposed to be an alternative way of making money/supplying the community, not the only way. Let's be honest, the best(and pretty much only) way to make credits in this is by crafting.

This will not ruin crafting, but simply give more value to end-game raiders.

Funny OP says crafting is gonna be ruined, when in actuality they are probably going to fix an already broken crafting system

AshlaBoga
03.12.2013 , 07:44 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
LOL win.

He's right though, an ideal MMO economic system should not have crafting valued as much as it is in this game. It's supposed to be an alternative way of making money/supplying the community, not the only way. Let's be honest, the best(and pretty much only) way to make credits in this is by crafting.

This will not ruin crafting, but simply give more value to end-game raiders.

Funny OP says crafting is gonna be ruined, when in actuality they are probably going to fix an already broken crafting system
The thing is, that crafting BiS slot was one of the few things that seperate SWTOR from WoW. I don't want this game to become even more of a WoW clone.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Slicksteezin
03.12.2013 , 08:04 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The thing is, that crafting BiS slot was one of the few things that seperate SWTOR from WoW. I don't want this game to become even more of a WoW clone.
This game is not a WoW clone... similar, but regardless if you like WoW or not (which i don't), BiS crafting is a bad for an MMO. SWTOR's market proves it.

Khevar
03.12.2013 , 09:46 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
This game is not a WoW clone... similar, but regardless if you like WoW or not (which i don't), BiS crafting is a bad for an MMO. SWTOR's market proves it.
While I'm personally fine with 72 gear not being craftable, and I think it's good for the game, I don't understand what you mean by:

"SWTOR's market proves it."

bbare
03.12.2013 , 10:01 PM | #49
Every crafting skill is important for endgame even without being able to craft BiS gear.

Artifice: Entry Level Enhancements. Can RE and get a schematic for the best color crystals in 2.0. Lots of possibilities there.

Armstech: Augments

Synthweaving: Augments, Augment Slots

Armormech: Augments. Augment Slots

Biochem: Stims, Adrenals, Medpacs, etc...

Cybertech: Grenades, Entry-Level Mods and Armorings.

Just Because you aren't going to be able to craft BiS gear, it doesn't mean each skill won't have a reliable market to sell to. That is far more endgame crafting than most MMO's allow.
The Vanity Legacy

Idaho-D
03.13.2013 , 08:02 AM | #50
So, does this mean I will no longer be able to craft level 10-45 purple gear? I worked very hard for years for that ability. Or is this just a change to level 50 and above gear?
Idaho, Duncan