Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group finder? Psht.

DrewFromPhilly
03.05.2013 , 11:47 AM | #11
Its all when you queue. If I queue as dps between 6-7pm I can usually get into a hmfp within 15-20 minutes. Outside that window its a crapshoot. On my two healers, I can queue pretty much whenever and get insta pop or very short waits unless its like 4 am.

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 11:50 AM | #12
I'm a little surprised to hear that the group wasn't geared for Kaon. Was it a hardmode or a normal difficulty run? I always found in Kaon that are a few points where not working together can really bite back: the turret, and then the one room where I've found it easier to pull the enemies into the previous hallway first, and then immediately going right along the railings to the above foyer type where there are a bunch of mercs and screamers, and taking those mobs in as small a dose as possible. Then for the last boss I could see a wipe happening if they didn't target the one guy who continually grows larger and larger first. But anyway, I'm sorry you had such crap luck.

Harsisus
03.05.2013 , 11:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
I'm a little surprised to hear that the group wasn't geared for Kaon. Was it a hardmode or a normal difficulty run? I always found in Kaon that are a few points where not working together can really bite back: the turret, and then the one room where I've found it easier to pull the enemies into the previous hallway first, and then immediately going right along the railings to the above foyer type where there are a bunch of mercs and screamers, and taking those mobs in as small a dose as possible. Then for the last boss I could see a wipe happening if they didn't target the one guy who continually grows larger and larger first. But anyway, I'm sorry you had such crap luck.
Hardmode.

Essentially the other DPS was fresh 50, low damage output. Tank was OK. Healer was OK. Got zerged by 2 groups of mobs with exploders and grapplers on one corner, and the tank decided to solo one group (the one that was NOT aggro'd to us 3) which caused a wipe.

He basically rage-quit and screwed the whole run up. Wohoo!

NerfDeath
03.05.2013 , 12:11 PM | #14
there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

and PS: we were on high priority too
-Ragevai lvl50 assassin -Alrickall lvl50 marauder @Mandalorian Hunters
@The Progenitor
#Kreedo shot first

Frog_brains
03.05.2013 , 12:13 PM | #15
so you're looking for a system that forces other people to group with you against their will? or what do you want them to scale the difficulty of the Hm so you can do it solo with just a companion but still get the same rewards as you did it with a group?

the thing about multiplayer games is that you can not dictate when things happen, or when group content will be available to you. You can go into the pvp forum and hear the same complaints about queuing for warzones.

The best way (not necessarily the easiest way) is to get a couple of playing buddies and queing up as a group "premade" if you'd like. no waiting you'll still get credit for the groupfinder rewards and towards the weekly. you go through content much quicker because you already know what everyone will be doing.

that might involve joining a guild or adding a pug or 2 that you worked well with from an FP to your friends list but it's the easiest way.

Frog_brains
03.05.2013 , 12:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NerfDeath View Post
there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

and PS: we were on high priority too
no need to quit just continue on with the rest of you. If you've got decent gear the story mode ops and the HM FP's don't require full groups. the pylon puzzle can be tricky but not impossible with only 3 people per pylon. If your talking about the Hm's companions work fine as long as you can keep your groups you've aggro'd to managable lvls you'll be fine.

I was doing an HM the other day with my buddy (we mostly play together so we know how to work together) were on our dps alts and decided to join the GF for the daily. Long story short before getting to the first boss on Taral V, the healer and the tank rage quit and leave. we queue up for replacements but while we wait i bring out m1 4x to tank and my buddy pulls out doc, and start clearing content. we ended up finishing the FP without ever getting replacements to pop. Before you all go saying it's just because its' Taral V, remember they made it now so you have to fight the last boss

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 12:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Harsisus View Post
Hardmode.

Essentially the other DPS was fresh 50, low damage output. Tank was OK. Healer was OK. Got zerged by 2 groups of mobs with exploders and grapplers on one corner, and the tank decided to solo one group (the one that was NOT aggro'd to us 3) which caused a wipe.

He basically rage-quit and screwed the whole run up. Wohoo!
Yeah that will do it. Sounds like your tank wasn't willing to adapt to the group and just wanted to run through it without a care. It sucks that you couldn't finish, but at least you know not to play with that tank again if you have the option to ignore him.

Hylentor
03.05.2013 , 01:11 PM | #18
I usually grade papers while waiting for a pop on my dps, its rare that my healer doesn't pop within 15 min or so. *shrug*

The only FP that has given me issues is Kaon - some people don't like it since its long, and I had two in a row the other night where a dps drops, and the tank uses that as an excuse to leave (2nd time), and the first time the tank told me he's leaving because "you need gear" - Full columi+ (couple BH pieces, couple rakata pieces, and have run Kaon wearing less... he must have thought we were in LI... O_o ) . The issue is more that, even if everyone else leaves and drops group... I'm now back at the BOTTOM of the queue, even though I wasn't the one who flaked out... That's my vent for the week there - had a good couple weeks of low-issue pugs on my dps to brick wall all of a sudden

Khevar
03.05.2013 , 03:48 PM | #19
I wish that I could put a toon in the queue, then go level an alt.

Then, when the group formed, the game would switch over to the other toon and I could run the flashpoint.

What else am I going to do while waiting for a pop? Dailies Run #5,324?

Themanthatisi
03.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #20
I do like to tank, but not super experienced at it. My wife loves to heal, but also not super experienced at it. We play those roles as it makes us good as a duo in heroic 4's and I must admit, expecially being new to MMO's, I was a littlle intimidated to try and lead a group, but did lead one in a HMFP for the first time and got more confident as i went. I wonder if others new to tanking are intimidated as well...

There is lots of pressure on the tank and healer to do well.

We were lucky to find a couple of guys in a PUG that are in a guild, the only pug in GF we did, after we completed it, they took us in... not because we are good, but because we are needed.