Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group finder? Psht.

Harsisus
03.05.2013 , 10:53 AM | #1
Getting real sick of not being able to do a damn flashpoint to try out some DPS runs. 40 minutes and nothing? I don't have all afternoon to wait for a flashpoint, and I refuse to have to run healing or tank to get into one (like I nearly ALWAYS do).

This game needs better rewards for playing a support class because, as it is, everyone follows like a *********** sheep on crack straight into DPS.

DPS > everything.

Well played, BioWare. You introduce a group finder that only really works for healers and tanks.

Never_Hesitate
03.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #2
Like the boxes in WoW which the tanks recieve?
I think that's a stupid idea, even as I'm only playing tanks and heal

and in the situation we have now the tank can make the dps behave, if they don't the group can easily replace them within seconds/minutes
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 10:58 AM | #3
False. There are far more DPS in this game than other classes. Therefore you're going to be in a longer line to get a flashpoint. It's the nature of the beast. There is a saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can easily go into the general chat and recruit for a group, or ask your guild mates to join in one one. DPS is not greater than anything. DPS is a very popular class because it does not typically require you to focus on group needs (my opinion).

Never_Hesitate
03.05.2013 , 11:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
You can easily go into the general chat and recruit for a group, or ask your guild mates to join in one one.
Sometimes the tanks/heals on our server like to troll and just write back: "What do you pay me?"
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 11:06 AM | #5
Seriously? You have to bribe people to play the game?! That's absurd, and I think horrible behavior on their part. I'd probably put them on ignore and hope to find other more interested people.

Never_Hesitate
03.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #6
Seriously? You have to bribe people to play the game?! That's absurd, and I think horrible behavior on their part. I'd probably put them on ignore and hope to find other more interested people.
I have some time till our ops start and you want to do a fp.
What's so wrong with making a little profit from it?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 11:22 AM | #7
I don't agree with charging someone for your services in a video game. Ultimately you're prohibiting someone from enjoying the game or just being a royal self indulgent d bag. I find charging for your tank or healing services is absolutely ridiculous. An MMO does not equal a real life business world.

Never_Hesitate
03.05.2013 , 11:31 AM | #8
I don't agree with charging someone for your services in a video game. Ultimately you're prohibiting someone from enjoying the game or just being a royal self indulgent d bag. I find charging for your tank or healing services is absolutely ridiculous. An MMO does not equal a real life business world.
Do you put things on the gtn for free? No, you don't
You wouldn't craft a stranger something for free by using your mats either

It's exactly the same
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Shwarzchild
03.05.2013 , 11:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post

It's exactly the same
Maybe I'm a rare person in the game then. The GTN is a designated buy and sell place. If I'm in a random group and I have something that doesn't sell on the GTN I am more than willing to simply give it away to someone who may want the piece of gear or what not. I do the same for guild mates if I have something that they want more than I do. It's not a loss to be selfless.

edit: Besides if you run a flashpoint in a random group it's not like you're NOT making money on the deal already by accepting the mission rewards, or getting things to sell to vendors from the mobs. I don't see a need to pay someone when they are going to come out ahead of where they were in the beginning regardless.

Harsisus
03.05.2013 , 11:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post

It's exactly the same
Your reward from partying for the flashpoint is the commendations, experience, and possible loot. If you want to charge a fee you're free to do so - just don't expect everyone to agree with it (it simple appears a selfish gesture).

In fact, see Shwarzchild's response above me.

False. There are far more DPS in this game than other classes. Therefore you're going to be in a longer line to get a flashpoint. It's the nature of the beast. There is a saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can easily go into the general chat and recruit for a group, or ask your guild mates to join in one one. DPS is not greater than anything. DPS is a very popular class because it does not typically require you to focus on group needs (my opinion).

The "DPS > everything" comment was a summary of the 3 roles in this game. The mentality of the beast.

Personally I think healing and tanking are far more rewarding, and more enjoyable, but every now and then I like to do a DPS run - the only problem is it takes for-fcking-EVER to get a group.

Update on today's daily: got a group after 50 minutes of waiting. Kaon. OK, not so bad. Group wipes, as 2 of us aren't well geared, and the tank gives up and leaves. 10 minutes later the healer leaves, followed by the other DPS.

Great - an hour and a half of my time wasted simply because there is no incentive to PuG a support class in group finder.

This is stupid.