Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crafteing bug

bloomfireblade
03.05.2013 , 06:29 AM | #1
i asked this in a ticket but all you people told me you cant do anything about this bug reverse egeneering does not work . so how should a crafter learn new items . enlighten me . no research avaible witch means the re is useless strangely on the pts system it works . so why did you disable it .

Stoofa
03.05.2013 , 08:56 AM | #2
Really need a LOT more information that you are giving us here.
Which crafting skill? Which schematic? What level is it? Did you learn it from the trainer or a dropped schematic?
If not from a schematic, what item are you attempting to RE? Where did you get that item from?

bloomfireblade
03.05.2013 , 11:59 AM | #3
normally you can re offhand hilts from premium to prototype and then to epic but now it says no research avaible witch means if you re now the mats are part refunded but even after 20 tries a learned offhand shield generator in premium cant be re same goes for all other arteficer items . on pts re works

KBerling
03.05.2013 , 12:21 PM | #4
What level is your crafter?

Gidrea
03.05.2013 , 12:27 PM | #5
RE is not broken, I just did some yesterday. Generally you cannot learn a schematic from an item you didn't craft. (The exception being the high level mods from end game gear) Some items that you get from drops can be RE'd for the mats, but you won't get a new schem.

As others have said, we really need more information to answer your question.
Gidrea / Kätastrophee / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttërcup / Fraidy Cat - Satele Shan
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

bloomfireblade
03.05.2013 , 12:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
RE is not broken, I just did some yesterday. Generally you cannot learn a schematic from an item you didn't craft. (The exception being the high level mods from end game gear) Some items that you get from drops can be RE'd for the mats, but you won't get a new schem.

As others have said, we really need more information to answer your question.
well i cant re a level 20 offhand i can re a level 31 hilt i cant re a 43 crystal iow turn it from premium to prototype and later epic i could do that before the maintance and yes i was refering to endgame enhancements and hilts witch couid be learned a week back. no i want to know why you cant re items witch you could re in february that goes for arteficer items i am 400 arteficer and had no issues of this kind before

DLBoyd
03.05.2013 , 01:49 PM | #7
You can't re all items, just the same types that you can craft (i.e., armstech re's blasters, artifice re's lightsabers, etc...).

Not all items can be re'd for schematics. If it is of the type for your crafting profession, then this is clearly seen if the tool-tip in red letters if that is the case.

bloomfireblade
03.05.2013 , 02:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DLBoyd View Post
You can't re all items, just the same types that you can craft (i.e., armstech re's blasters, artifice re's lightsabers, etc...).

Not all items can be re'd for schematics. If it is of the type for your crafting profession, then this is clearly seen if the tool-tip in red letters if that is the case.
yes any none epic item states no research availbe if its premium or prototype since this did not happen before thats why made this post to find out what is going on here

bloomfireblade
03.05.2013 , 02:23 PM | #9
okay i give you an example i have pulled out and adavanced adept enhancement 23 from a columi armour part of my companion now if everything on the crafting would work.
i should get in the tool tip a 20/10 % chance to learn the shematic
but instead i get the message no research avaible witch bioware stated means i learned the shematic now this is wrong since i cant craft it so.
i ask you what is wrong here i also repaired the client as bioware said did not help and since you required a detailed exponation witch i hope i given now i hope you can tell me what is wrong here

ScarecrowES
03.05.2013 , 05:08 PM | #10
I don't think you can learn an upgraded schematic from an advanced one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Purple is the highest level you can learn to build this way... which is +2 levels on the basic Green version (green-->blue-->purple).

I think if you want to learn the schematic for a Purple you don't currently have, you have to RE the blue version. If you've already got the schematic for the Purple version, you're already as far as you can go.