Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

races you DONT want playable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
races you DONT want playable

saiyanjedidmv
03.04.2013 , 10:15 PM | #1
so im not 100% sure if this is in the right section but....as you all know there have been a million races i want to become playable threads this is there polar opposite counterpart for you folks.

what races do you not want to become playable(as i just asked in the title) and do not say cathar ok lets all agree to be at least semi mature about it comprende?

for me
devaronians:waaaaaaaaaay too dark for my tase seriously the imperial version of the zabraks was already pushing it to the extreme.

jawa: people are gonna kill me dead then bring back to life just to kill me again for this but quite honestly they seem a little silly and bland to become playable in my opinion.

gammoreans: i just dont like them plain and simple.

so yeah these are just a few examples so please try to refrain from bash and be at least semi mature about it and have fun.
JOHTORRE LEGACY Number of family members: 20.
KAIJU LEGACY Number of family members: 5.

JediCahlwyn
03.04.2013 , 10:21 PM | #2
I do not want to see Wookiees, Ithorians, Hutts, or many of the more exotic species. They do not fit well in this game as playable. There are a LOT of species that are human enough for romance/voice dialog to fit that are still unique enough to be different from humans yet aren't so alien that they wouldn't fit well in the story.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

TalkingDinosaur
03.04.2013 , 10:41 PM | #3
Gungan.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

SithKoriandr
03.05.2013 , 12:13 AM | #4
Wookies!

Totally want Jawas though! They can give them the same robes with slightly different colors/patches (or lack there of)!

And since TOR shows that Jawas can use the force...SITH WARRIOR JAWA!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Ayradyss
03.05.2013 , 01:02 AM | #5
Don't want? Heh -- if I took time to think about it, there may be more. But off the top of my head:

Jawas, Sand People, Rakata, Ewoks, Gungans, and Yoda's species.

Kilikaa
03.05.2013 , 01:14 AM | #6
No Yoda types, NO WOOKIEES! No Jawas, as cool as they are. I would love to see Bothans, though. Why there are no Bothans is beyond me.

Rabenschwinge
03.05.2013 , 01:44 AM | #7
Personally I like most of them and even species I would not want to play would mostly enrich the game.

That said, I don't think that species that are primarily cute, cuddly or funny would really contribute to the game. I could live without gungans, ewoks and jawa.... But then again, that wouldn't really be worse than Jedi Knights running around in Underwear or Dancer outfits on Carrak Station, so if people want it, I wouldn't mind letting them have it.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

wainot-keel
03.05.2013 , 08:44 AM | #8
/shrug

If I don't like a race/species for my character for whatever reason, I just don't use it. Someone will find it suiting.

scarlet_magpie
03.05.2013 , 10:46 AM | #9
NO TO EWOKS, JAWAS, UGNAUGHTS , SNAGGLETOOTHS AND YODA RACES!!

But YES to TRANDOSHAN! SULLUSTAN and MON CALAMARI!!

AlexDougherty
03.06.2013 , 07:26 AM | #10
Gree!

Yes to everything else, especially Selkath.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.