Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why SWTOR is not successfull

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why SWTOR is not successfull

TheBBP
03.05.2013 , 07:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Ha ha ha coffee all over my keyboard. I should get his stuff to buy a new one, lol.
That is fair. I formally withdraw my claim on his stuff.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Astoncam
03.05.2013 , 08:23 AM | #12
Effort = Reward system is broken. That's why this game is not successful

< Dark Requiem > Habana - Gunslinger

Petnil
03.05.2013 , 08:47 AM | #13
Ok, swtor might not exactly be succesfull, but the reasons you list definedtly isnīt why. Listening to your comunity can only be a good thing. Catering to casuals is a good thing too.

Main reason swtor isnīt as succesfull as it could have been imo.

1. The planets feel sterile. Mobs feel close to lifeless. Some planets just have too many exaustion zones. And the 2 factions have seperate planets for the first many levels, and the shared planets have seperate questing areas for imp/rep so itīs rare to see a player of the oposite faction. (mostly hurts īworld pvp on pvp servers ofc.)

2. Itīs too easy to get gear. Also, once you have your armor FPīs (hard mode ofc) gets too easy. Imo hardmode should be scaled for columi gear and story mode should drop what hard mode drops now and be scaled for tioneese. Then you would get columi gear in storymode (of last boss like in HM today) and hard mode all bosses should drop the same level gear.

Having the last boss in all FP drop considerably better gear than the rest of the bosses is just a bad idea. When people got decent gear they only need drops from last boss and skip the rest if possible. Skipping content is imo just bad design. Why waste time on making content that all groups just bypass.

3. Alternative "game" reputation grinds have just been added, and itīs ok i guess, but imo it should have been there from the start. Itīs just a bit anoying to have to get back to Voss and do the same groupquests youīve allready done on multiple chars and now have to do them again if you want Voss rep.

Also achievements and minigames. Some bargames and other stuff to do while idling in cantinas.

Atm thereīs only 1 FP thatīs fun to do for thoose who have a bit of skill and dont do OPīs or PvP. Grinding daly quests for marks is just as boring as dooing the same quest over and over. I do them probablly once pr. week for the weekly, maybe a bit more while in queue for daily FP.

4. BUGS. Especially during the startup. Ability delays, random dc's, classquests bugging and overall realy bad engine performance. Loads of people just got fed up with the bugs after a couple of months and left swtor. Itīs alot better today, but still in most FP you will have at least one random dc. Some of them could be fake dcīs ofc. but the huge majority is just random.

CaptRavenous
03.05.2013 , 05:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by geschmonz View Post
Well, i think there are some things bioware did wrong, but the most interesting part is focusing the blood of online games: the casual gamers.

You did not add a raid finder, because hardcore gamers didnt like it. You did not add a good dungeon finder at start, because hardcore gamers didnt like it.

You are listening to the forums way too much which are being crowded mainly by nolifers, who would like the game for themself and noone else. You targeted the complete wrong audience from the start.

Today i am going to cancel my subscription. And i dont think i will ever return, as your politics in this game and your targets are just quite wrong.
I'm sorry, who are you in the gaming industry?
What facts are you basing your conclusion of "SWTOR is failing" on?
You think MMOs shouldn't listen to their subscribers, since they are the only ones who can post here?
You're cancelling your subscription? Why do I feel like this move will only improve the community?

Thank you in advance for your prompt response to my questions.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Brandoarth
03.06.2013 , 04:57 PM | #15
Swtor is not successful because EA forced Bio-ware to release the 4 months before the game was done. And that is why people who made it to lv. 50 in the first 4 months quit due to lac of end game content

theUndead
03.06.2013 , 05:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Brandoarth View Post
Swtor is not successful because EA forced Bio-ware to release the 4 months before the game was done. And that is why people who made it to lv. 50 in the first 4 months quit due to lac of end game content
I am pretty sure that the game at this moment in time is doing fine considering the revenue made from the CM and the slow increase of subs. My guess is, populations have stablized and most people are enjoying themselves. Also on your question of endgame content, not everyone are raiders and some people enjoy pvp and making alts so yeah maybe in the beginning but now there is plenty of endgame content both pve and pvp.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

VanderII
03.07.2013 , 04:07 AM | #17
This game is not successful because it has a pretty story (nothing special and less quality of a singleplayer game) and it's a classic MMO with nothing of innovative, all statics etc.
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

Radzkie
03.07.2013 , 04:21 AM | #18
... Um, SWTOR caters the casual gamer. It'd be stupid if it didn't, and I'm a "hardcore" player saying this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post

1. The planets feel sterile.
I really wish the planets at least had night and day. Though it would be awesome if you left foot prints in the snow/sand, or the grass moved as you went through it just like the water does. These little things really give games life, but I understand why they're not (or at least seemly not) on the list of things to add.

xxIncubixx
03.07.2013 , 04:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by geschmonz View Post
Well, i think there are some things bioware did wrong, but the most interesting part is focusing the blood of online games: the casual gamers.

You did not add a raid finder, because hardcore gamers didnt like it. You did not add a good dungeon finder at start, because hardcore gamers didnt like it.

You are listening to the forums way too much which are being crowded mainly by nolifers, who would like the game for themself and noone else. You targeted the complete wrong audience from the start.

Today i am going to cancel my subscription. And i dont think i will ever return, as your politics in this game and your targets are just quite wrong.
casuals are the issue here, a casual game means it doesnt really need much content because casuals play 1 or 2 hours per day... or maybe log in for a warzone then log off. am i wrong here? Now put a player that has more free time lets say 4 to 5 hours per day, doesnt matter why or how, he will beat the game and reach end game super fast. And then he realises that the end game is... well what end game? Raids that are made for casual gaming , pretty easy, and 5 warzones.

im not blamming anyone here, but it is how it is. Games and MMOs At the moment are made for casuals, and the crowd that is hardcore or plays abit more is simply disregarded. The Old school MMOs were the other way around thats why those had so much content and it took ages to get anywhere.

And that is why developers stick to the WoW format.

Gronkaarr
03.07.2013 , 09:34 AM | #20
this game needs better places for players to congregate. fleet sucks, it's just a big boring ring and everyone just squats on top of the pvp vendor. I want a more engaging scene to interact with when I'm waiting for a WZ queue to pop