Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

ObscureKnight
03.04.2013 , 01:01 PM | #1
Since the launch of the PTS I have notice a sharp decline in certain PVP'ers on the field. Strangely enough I no longer see the same BS I was seeing in terms of lag and other "play by mechanics." With them gone I have started to enjoy pvp again it feels more balanced.

And set timer for trolls / flaming.....

GO...
Shadowkeeper

Windfox
03.04.2013 , 01:04 PM | #2
I haven't been pvping in awhile cause of RL stuff over my head recently, but are you saying pvp is far more enjoyable than it was 2 weeks ago?

Boboliver
03.04.2013 , 01:06 PM | #3
Probably because there all playing on the PTS?
Enod
REMNANTS OF THE JEDI
Visit ROTJ Online | There is no ignorance; there is knowledge
SWG Naritus Guardian Master

jibboo
03.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #4
I think that it's improved greatly.

More skilled players making it more challenging and fun. Less people blaming their lack of skill on hacks/exploits/etc. Sure there are more bugs and some glaring balance issues, but overall, it's much more entertaining.

Edit: Misread the post. Thought you were talking about the test server.
Zimbra - Assassin

ObscureKnight
03.04.2013 , 01:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Windfox View Post
I haven't been pvping in awhile cause of RL stuff over my head recently, but are you saying pvp is far more enjoyable than it was 2 weeks ago?
Yes, I have found it more enjoyable. On my imp and pub toons, sub and 50. Since I play both sides of the fence, I have seen some of the concerns others have voiced over time with both sides. I am not getting the lag I was getting in WZ now, and Wins to Loss is about 1:1 half now instead of the more 1:4 I was seeing before the world event. The fights also seem to be more down to the last second on who is going to win, and that is more fun than having a match where it is noticeably decided in the first minute.
Shadowkeeper

Lalainnia
03.04.2013 , 01:26 PM | #6
who are u?
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

ObscureKnight
03.04.2013 , 01:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
who are u?
I am nothing but and obscure person who is around, watching and observing. I run with the same people who helped you get the +10 DC.
Shadowkeeper

thesadplanet
03.04.2013 , 01:54 PM | #8
i can see how terrible players would think that pvp would be better when the best players decide to go do something else for a while.
Ravinder - Infinite Darkness - POT5

ObscureKnight
03.04.2013 , 01:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by thesadplanet View Post
i can see how terrible players would think that pvp would be better when the best players decide to go do something else for a while.
That is not what I said, but nice trollin you got there.
Shadowkeeper

thesadplanet
03.04.2013 , 01:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureKnight View Post
That is not what I said, but nice trollin you got there.
actually completely serious, any anyone who is familiar with pvp on this server would tell you basically the same thing
Ravinder - Infinite Darkness - POT5