Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Field Respec in Warzones

Harva
03.04.2013 , 06:27 AM | #21
In normal warzones, field respec is great, since you can't really know your group setup before the match. But for RWZ, I agree, it should be disabled. Also grenades. Also give the ability to rejoin after disconnect.
Harva / Uhka / Usea / Loikka / Lipas / Zorza / Havra

Harbinger http://harbinger.enjin.com/

Skolops
03.04.2013 , 07:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Daex View Post
Also you said on other thread:

"This is not my experience. So far on the PTS, I have found TTK to be far too high. With the overall nerfs to most (though not all) burst and the buffs to healers and incredible ease of healer energy management, TTK is frequently very high."

If this is the case, why do you feel a need to switch to tank/healer mid warzone then? And also this is not in accordance to what you say with nodes swapping ownership bla bla..
Having played another day or two since, I now tend to agree more with the folks in that previous topic who say that time to kill is too low as a whole.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Skolops
03.04.2013 , 07:20 AM | #23
Facepalm.. so we should farm 2 gear sets just because we are tank/healer class just to be competitive as swapping speccs in the middle of the warzone is expected kind of gameplay??

This is not "SKILLED GAMEPLAY" when you are switching speccs in the middle of the voidstar game, it's a heaven for people who have enough time to farm both sets of gear. Not even to mention the discrepancy regarding pure dps classes who, on one hand, can't even respecc, and on other hand, they only ever need to get 1 set of gear.

Also, we should not be swapping to tank build to stay alive for more than 5 seconds in the first place.. But that is a different topic..

EDIT: Additionally, until we get dual-specc, this is also advertising a new kind of "skilled gameplay" like how fast can you click-click-click to reset your talents. YEAH PVP who can specc it fasterrrr!! /sarcasm
I would rather strongly disagree with each of these opinions, and I will explain why.

First, it is not necessary to swap gear sets just to swap specs. As you are I am sure well aware, most tank specced players, even in ranked warzones, have nonetheless been running DPS gear. This gearing decision will very likely change with some of the new shield and defense mechanics coming with 2.0, but I do not believe that this ultimately forces people to get two sets of gear. I think you will see many simply swap out a focus/generator for a shield when they wish to swap to a tank spec in a defensive part of a warzone. The fact is, it's really the guard and damage/movement debuffs put on the other team that makes tank specs good in ranked warzones - the defensive stats are more a bonus than anything.

I'd also add that the fact is, any MMO will always give an advantage to players with more time - it's just the nature of the beast and there isn't a whole lot that can be done about that.

Second, the skill involved in respeccing lies in the intellectual and team-play facets of it, not how fast a person can do it. Figuring out precisely what builds to swap into and synergizing team play around them is a matter of skill which adds depth to the game that I and many others frankly enjoy.

Third, you're simply wrong as can be about pure DPS classes only needing one set of gear to respec. If anything, they have it harder than tanks do. Like I said, tanks have always run, for the most part, in DPS gear anyways - often a set which was useful for one of their possible DPS specs. You'll see more tank gear in 2.0, but DPS geared tanks - at least with shield - will still be viable and you'll still see them, I'd predict, more often than full tank sets. On the other hand, the stat distribution necessary to effectively run different DPS specs often requires entirely different sets if you want to swap out. The hybrid Shadow DPS build takes [i]very[i] different gear from a Balance Shadow. Smash Marauders have extremely different needs than Annihilation ones. Madness sorcerers run different gear from lightning sorcerers. Etc.
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Skolops
03.04.2013 , 07:24 AM | #24
And additionally, your disagreement with anything that makes any sense on these forums is kind of disturbing.. are you getting paid by someone to prevent this game from becoming better?

I can understand people disagreeing but at the VERY LEAST this field respecc needs to be blocked in Ranked... Respeccing in the middle of warzone is not "skill". Or at least not kind of skill you would expect to be useful in PvP.
Running ranked warzones most nights of the week, I have no problem with other teams respeccing because, of course, my team can as well. It adds depth to the game and makes ranked warzones different from regular ones. It adds a little bit of "chess" to them, and I think that's a good thing. I would much rather have to recognize what spec changes an opposing team was making and adjust to them than to simply know what is coming all the time. It just feels more like PvP to me: ever changing, no rote mechanics, human brainpower required to compete... taking out the respec would, from my point of view, make it feel more like PvE.: Oh, it's team X. They have composition Y. We "know the fight."

Bleh. Give me respec any day.
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Tankqull
03.04.2013 , 07:35 AM | #25
a change is needed from my perspectiv but the ability to help your team by respecing should be given. my solution would be to change it to be only used in the time frame of 60sec after starting a WZ that way - its possible to respec if the need is given but you have to stick to one spec archtype the entire WZ.

SpaniardInfinity
03.04.2013 , 07:36 AM | #26
I'll make a compromise with you: if you want Field Respec removed from the warzones, push for proper matchmaking first. Right now Field Respec is the best way of fixing your composition at the start of a round if you are too heavy in some respect (ie. too many healers, not enough DPS, no node guard, no tank, etc). If you disable this feature, you better be able to guarantee that each team is balanced in terms of its composition or the team that has the better composition will win by default. People have said that teams with multiple healers are immortal, have you noticed the rounds without any healers (hint: you are usually getting farmed out of spawn)?

As for ranked warzones, I'm indifferent to the change. I think it is fine as is and allows you to modify your composition as the match warrants (ie. I need a healer killer build, there aren't many packs of enemies bunching up so I'll use a more single-target build with less AoE, etc). I think it would be fair if: field respecs had no cost to purchase (so it is a tool all players have) and that it is disabled while in combat and/or outside of your spawn area.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

sylarz
03.04.2013 , 08:25 AM | #27
I think that any relatively intelligent person can find a reason for or against being able to respec. I agree some sort of compromise must be reached. Perhaps a limit should be introduced. For example, a team has 2 respecs per zone and only in spawn areas. Still strategy involved but can't be shamelessly exploited.

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 08:28 AM | #28
No

Everybody can use it and especially here on pts I can test multiple new specs in the same wz.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

jibboo
03.04.2013 , 08:29 AM | #29
Signed because I'm too lazy to do it myself.
Zimbra - Assassin

Skolops
03.04.2013 , 08:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Signed because I'm too lazy to do it myself.
Thank you, as this is, ultimately, the reason at the core of every objection that people have about it.
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five