Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Field Respec in Warzones

NoTomorrow
03.04.2013 , 03:03 AM | #11
The problem mainly comes from tank classes with field respec.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Lalainnia
03.04.2013 , 03:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
The problem mainly comes from tank classes with field respec.
This^
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Skolops
03.04.2013 , 03:28 AM | #13
I understand what folks are saying about tank classes, etc. I just don't see it as being nearly as big a problem as some may - and as I said, I think the majority of folks aren't all that concerned with it or like it. When both sides have a particular ability, it isn't, in the end, a deciding factor in games, ranked or otherwise.

What it can do is lead to games with more stalemates, which I know many folks don't like - though I do enjoy it myself. That being said, I think with the overall changes of the game, in particular the greatly increased mobility for almost every class and the speedier time to kill we tend to be seeing, being able to respec into tank specs in certain portions of the game is going to be even more important, otherwise we might see things swing too far in the other direction such that there is too little defense with nodes swapping ownership left and right, doors going down too easily, and the overall flow feeling too random.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

iRedRIng
03.04.2013 , 04:27 AM | #14
You could also get around respecing my simply not having a spec at the start of a warzone. Ultimately though having your choice spec at the beginning of a warzone isn't really the issue. It's this spec change in the middle of the warzone that causes node changes to be almost impossible and what I think should be stopped. Voidstars and Civil Wars just become deathmatch and sprint to the node when the one team is stacked with tanks and heals whose TTK is far higher than the time to respond.

TrigPt
03.04.2013 , 04:59 AM | #15
They should change it so you can only respec in the respawn areas, Would give you plenty of time to respec at start of match for the particular map and at "halftime" in voidstar. If you really needed to you could respec after defeat but you'd really need too because of door timers.

Daex
03.04.2013 , 05:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
being able to respec into tank specs in certain portions of the game is going to be even more important, otherwise we might see things swing too far in the other direction such that there is too little defense with nodes swapping ownership left and right, doors going down too easily, and the overall flow feeling too random.
Facepalm.. so we should farm 2 gear sets just because we are tank/healer class just to be competitive as swapping speccs in the middle of the warzone is expected kind of gameplay??

This is not "SKILLED GAMEPLAY" when you are switching speccs in the middle of the voidstar game, it's a heaven for people who have enough time to farm both sets of gear. Not even to mention the discrepancy regarding pure dps classes who, on one hand, can't even respecc, and on other hand, they only ever need to get 1 set of gear.

Also, we should not be swapping to tank build to stay alive for more than 5 seconds in the first place.. But that is a different topic..

EDIT: Additionally, until we get dual-specc, this is also advertising a new kind of "skilled gameplay" like how fast can you click-click-click to reset your talents. YEAH PVP who can specc it fasterrrr!! /sarcasm

Daex
03.04.2013 , 05:17 AM | #17
I understand what folks are saying about tank classes, etc. I just don't see it as being nearly as big a problem as some may - and as I said, I think the majority of folks aren't all that concerned with it or like it. When both sides have a particular ability, it isn't, in the end, a deciding factor in games, ranked or otherwise.

What it can do is lead to games with more stalemates, which I know many folks don't like - though I do enjoy it myself. That being said, I think with the overall changes of the game, in particular the greatly increased mobility for almost every class and the speedier time to kill we tend to be seeing, being able to respec into tank specs in certain portions of the game is going to be even more important, otherwise we might see things swing too far in the other direction such that there is too little defense with nodes swapping ownership left and right, doors going down too easily, and the overall flow feeling too random.
Also you said on other thread:

"This is not my experience. So far on the PTS, I have found TTK to be far too high. With the overall nerfs to most (though not all) burst and the buffs to healers and incredible ease of healer energy management, TTK is frequently very high."

If this is the case, why do you feel a need to switch to tank/healer mid warzone then? And also this is not in accordance to what you say with nodes swapping ownership bla bla..

Daex
03.04.2013 , 05:25 AM | #18

And additionally, your disagreement with anything that makes any sense on these forums is kind of disturbing.. are you getting paid by someone to prevent this game from becoming better?

I can understand people disagreeing but at the VERY LEAST this field respecc needs to be blocked in Ranked... Respeccing in the middle of warzone is not "skill". Or at least not kind of skill you would expect to be useful in PvP.

Moriganno
03.04.2013 , 06:22 AM | #19
How many of u commenting on this thread actually play rank?

Helig
03.04.2013 , 06:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
How many of u commenting on this thread actually play rank?
I do, and this needs to go. From a certain point of view, it does add a bit of depth to matches, but it really gets out of hand when teams go full derp on it, abusing this feature shamelessly.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie