Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a new (desperate) change of tactic...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Time for a new (desperate) change of tactic...

Chemic_al
03.02.2013 , 05:52 AM | #1
Okay, so Bioware reads the forums, the classes that say they need buffs get nerfs (e.g. sorcs), and the ones that need nerfs, get buffs (e.g. maras). Hence the only conclusion I can draw to help us out is to vociferously complain about how overpowered we are.

So, I guess spam the PTS forum with threads on how awesome sorcs are.

AdrianDmitruk
03.03.2013 , 12:34 PM | #2
No, because BW refuses to listen to sorcs no matter what.

I believe the desperate solution is for us to all roll smashmonkies, and complain and QQ about how little challenge there is in sorc smashing.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

darksidechemist
03.03.2013 , 12:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Okay, so Bioware reads the forums, the classes that say they need buffs get nerfs (e.g. sorcs), and the ones that need nerfs, get buffs (e.g. maras). Hence the only conclusion I can draw to help us out is to vociferously complain about how overpowered we are.

So, I guess spam the PTS forum with threads on how awesome sorcs are.
You don't believe they actually listen to our feedback, do you?

paowee
03.03.2013 , 02:01 PM | #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQZJ...ature=youtu.be iirc sorc burst is fine (and fun!) in pvp. also correct me if im wrong but some rwz games happened in the pts over the weekend, the bastion vs pot5 (~2 guilds), and i think they used lightning sorcs there to great success.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

-Blade-Runner-
03.03.2013 , 03:15 PM | #5
On my pvp Server, the pyros and snipers would kill you in 3 sec .
Seldom seen such a bad opponent. Completely unrealistic this video.
Only in a group with privat healer ist lightning an option.
I am not intolerant - i just hate everybody.

SoonerJBD
03.04.2013 , 12:07 PM | #6
So 2.0 hasn't even gone live yet and the bads are already QQing. It's not the class. It's you.

ZeppFreeloader
03.04.2013 , 12:52 PM | #7
The issue isn't actually damage as much as survivability. The devs have nerfed pretty much all sorcerer CC and given no significant alternative for survival. You can't cause damage from the grave...

Sosajoshua
03.04.2013 , 01:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
So 2.0 hasn't even gone live yet and the bads are already QQing. It's not the class. It's you.
Ha win!
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Luckeyduckey
03.04.2013 , 02:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQZJ...ature=youtu.be iirc sorc burst is fine (and fun!) in pvp. also correct me if im wrong but some rwz games happened in the pts over the weekend, the bastion vs pot5 (~2 guilds), and i think they used lightning sorcs there to great success.
Nice burst.... lol
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist

Chemic_al
03.04.2013 , 04:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Yeah, must be my imagination then that classes like marauders and powertechs are simply outclassing sorcerers in dps for wzs, or operative healers are simply the better choice as a wz healer.

Am I simply misremembering sorcs have been successively nerfed since 1.2? Guess so. Wow, I must really get my memory checked.

And 2.0 might not be live, but PTS is a strong indication, and all I see are nerfs, because relatively speaking other classes get buffs too, and we are in a worse place. Bubble stun gone, instant whirlwind gone and instead of a proper defensive on a decent cooldown we get a stupid self-stun on 3m cooldown. And how often does Bioware change stuff on PTS to live? How about almost never.

Brilliant.

But hey you keep calling people bads and declaring sorcerers the FOTM OP class, must be working since you seem oblivious to the next round of incoming nerfs. Well done you! I'm glad you're happy.