Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subbing worthwhile !

ChrisRedmond
03.01.2013 , 02:00 PM | #21
lots of solid parenting advice here. Thank you.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

Jedi_Slayer
03.01.2013 , 02:28 PM | #22
My daughter is 6 and she gets 25cents per chore, there are 5-8 that she can do every day. (though it's more like 1-2 that she actually does) Our deal with her is that she has to pay for half of anything that she wants.

It doesn't mean the we don't get her stuff, example we got my bonus check and she really wanted 2 different Build a Bears, we paid for one and she saved up and paid for half of the 2nd one a month later. Keeps her motivated and she gets excited every time we hand her a quarter because it's instant earnings. She really wants a Kindle Fire, but she's 6 and a little unnecessary, but I had enough frequent flyer miles so we got one for her for free and now she has to give half her chore money to charity. Until she pays off part of the device.

The whole point is that she is learning the value of money and hardwork. (and I have never seen a kid get excited to clean the cat box daily)

psandak
03.01.2013 , 04:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Slayer View Post
My daughter is 6 and she gets 25cents per chore, there are 5-8 that she can do every day. (though it's more like 1-2 that she actually does) Our deal with her is that she has to pay for half of anything that she wants.

It doesn't mean the we don't get her stuff, example we got my bonus check and she really wanted 2 different Build a Bears, we paid for one and she saved up and paid for half of the 2nd one a month later. Keeps her motivated and she gets excited every time we hand her a quarter because it's instant earnings. She really wants a Kindle Fire, but she's 6 and a little unnecessary, but I had enough frequent flyer miles so we got one for her for free and now she has to give half her chore money to charity. Until she pays off part of the device.

The whole point is that she is learning the value of money and hardwork. (and I have never seen a kid get excited to clean the cat box daily)
Words cannot describe the good feelings I have about that!!!!!

Hungryfangs
03.03.2013 , 02:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by calypsissmexy View Post
Crime is down. I assume by, "in this day and age" you mean in this day when the news tells you about every horrible thing that happens creating a sense of paranoia that this is the most dangerous era of human history when in fact the opposite is true (at least in modern nations not in the middle of a civil war).
when OBOZO bans guns Crime is going to skyrocket