Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

Icestar
03.03.2013 , 03:59 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormskimmer View Post
So, if a shadow or an assassin wants to tank, they NEED to "ninja" a shield from a guardian or a vanguard. That's just the particular instance that annoys me. There are other minor class breaking loot issues, if you bother to look for them.
Actually if you have the tank role in a group it ususally means that you can take the defence items that drop, if you ask the team in advance. Now, imagine that the new lootsystem is in place, I am sure that the group will be more then happy to pass on any defence items to you.

It is a bit harder though if you enter as dps and starts needing on tank items.

This is a valid argument though since tank items are not that common for the different classes (I have four tanks myself). But eventually you will end up with the defence items that drop if you run as tank, a group always seems to keep a good tank happy no matter what

RaineyDaze
03.03.2013 , 09:41 AM | #52
I think this whole shadow tank arguement is nonsense anyway. Shadow are from consular group so they don't use or need shield gens. They use foci and there are foci that have the shield stuff in them. Foci will never have str/end on them like shield gens, just will/end. I know I'm new to game but I've read the forums enough to know this. I play as a shadow tank and have never seen a shield gen that I had to ninja from a guardian or vanguard. I found your arguement based only in your own fantasies with no basis in real game mechanics.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

Icestar
03.03.2013 , 09:54 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
I think this whole shadow tank arguement is nonsense anyway. Shadow are from consular group so they don't use or need shield gens. They use foci and there are foci that have the shield stuff in them.
This might clear some things up for you

Anyway, I have not needed to take a shield from another class either for my tank. I simply upgraded my shield along the way. I do understand the concern Stormskimmer is lifting though, it is good to discuss different constructive opinions regarding this. It gives more feedback for Bioware should they come to reason and implement a new lootsystem.

Eternalnight
03.03.2013 , 12:02 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
I know I'm new to game but I've read the forums enough to know this.
Except that you're wrong about EVERYTHING you said.

Quote:
Shadow are from consular group so they don't use or need shield gens.
Wrong!

Shadow tanks do use and absolutely need to use shield generators.

Quote:
They use foci and there are foci that have the shield stuff in them.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

A force focus will not function as a shield, no matter how many mods and enhancement with shield rating and absorption rating you put in them, you will still shield nothing, because you don't have a shield.

Only dps specced shadows use a focus.

Quote:
Foci will never have str/end on them like shield gens, just will/end.
Wrong!

There are plenty of foci with strength found all over the game. Those are what dps specced guardians and juggernauts use.

Rabenschwinge
03.04.2013 , 05:42 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I actually thought it would be in the 2.0 patchnotes. The community has requested a change in lootdistribution for a long time now.

We are still greeted with silence
There was a relatively recent change regarding the delayed "bind on pickup"...
Even if someone get an item that someone else has a better claim on he can pass it over.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

cidbahamut
03.04.2013 , 08:08 AM | #56
Anyway I wish you luck on your future ignorelists, because you will be on alot of them if you take items your character canīt use. Only a heads up about that, hope you play a tank or healer
It's adorable how you think the guy who passes on everything he can't immediately equip and make use of is going to end up on ignore lists for his looting habits.

You're still just proposing adding more problems without fixing the ones you're complaining about.

You're also laboring under the misconception that there is something inherently wrong with someone acquiring an item their character cannot equip.

Icestar
03.04.2013 , 10:07 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
It's adorable how you think the guy who passes on everything he can't immediately equip and make use of is going to end up on ignore lists for his looting habits.

You're still just proposing adding more problems without fixing the ones you're complaining about.

You're also laboring under the misconception that there is something inherently wrong with someone acquiring an item their character cannot equip.
I simply reflect the reality, you will not be popular if you need items your character can not use.

You still speak of those "problems" without telling us what they are, I find you amusing

Icestar
03.04.2013 , 10:09 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
There was a relatively recent change regarding the delayed "bind on pickup"...
Even if someone get an item that someone else has a better claim on he can pass it over.
Yes, it might help out when players unintentionally takes items they should not have, easy to correct and easy to forget.

A small step on the way, eventhough it does nothing when players decide to ninja items intentionally.

cidbahamut
03.04.2013 , 10:15 AM | #59
I simply reflect the reality, you will not be popular if you need items your character can not use.

You still speak of those "problems" without telling us what they are, I find you amusing
Your inability to read and comprehend the written word is still not my problem.

Icestar
03.04.2013 , 10:33 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
Your inability to read and comprehend the written word is still not my problem.
You really enjoy insulting me when all you need to do is to explain to me and the community what you mean.

My best guess is that you can not and simply use the word "problems" because you have no clue what to write.

Anyway lets not derail this thread any more and get back to discuss the topic in a constructive way.