Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 02:31 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by maximusrex View Post
you are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.
qft.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

LtGeneralGezlin
03.06.2013 , 02:36 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.
*Seconded. I am very glad to have more communication, as is most of the community. But, there are sadly, a few who will still complain about anything, regardless.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

MillionsKNives
03.06.2013 , 02:36 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric
The recent changes to communication have been much appreciated by me, and I'm sure a vast amount of others. I'd hate to see things go back to the way they were just because of a few self-important posters.

I'm not really sure what this community's obsession with "slaps to the face" is all about. Everything that's said or happens is apparently a "slap to the face" to someone (or in their mind, everyone). I guess some people just can't look beyond themselves, to realize that not everything has to revolve around them or cater to their every want. And so they consider anything that doesn't cater to them is a direct insult to them.

For all of these "slaps to the face" that are talked about, I have yet to hear about a BioWare employee entering a player's house and physically slapping them in the face. That I'd want to hear about.

chuixupu
03.06.2013 , 02:37 PM | #194
And, please don't let those kinds of people ruin it for the rest of us. Like Maximus said, there will always be those people.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Jenovan
03.06.2013 , 02:38 PM | #195
You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

Beat me to it.

I love seeing that you guys (the CM team) are, you know, fans of the game, whether it's commiserating about PVP, popping up in the fanfiction area, or enthusing about speeders. Thanks for coming out to play.

On the more serious side of things, the uptick in communication about big issues is really appreciated, and I hope it continues to 2.0 and beyond.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Alduinsm
03.06.2013 , 02:41 PM | #196
I really like the new changes and hope you guys can keep it up .
Shin

DarthTHC
03.06.2013 , 02:43 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Wow dude... You really need to wait for the rest of your team before you reply to 1 message that's directed at you. It's pretty much a slap in the face to everyone else. The way I see this comment is... 'We are going to ignore people who are complaining about their problems with the game' so you just go and answer the joke question that means nothing. What if Claprica also asked 'what is happening with the APAC servers?' Would you just ignore his post completely?
Bro, grow a thicker skin and some patience. The communication we've seen has been outstanding since Eric has taken over. They're more present, more open, more honest, more friendly, and giving more and better (and more forward-looking) information than they ever have before.

Don't be the cranky apple that forces EA management to stuff them back into their cages!

Rankyn
03.06.2013 , 02:44 PM | #198

This.
Very much this.

Don't let a few whining idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

EricMusco
03.06.2013 , 02:44 PM | #199 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Any chance of a response to my question?
As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lord_Karsk
03.06.2013 , 02:46 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Wow dude... You really need to wait for the rest of your team before you reply to 1 message that's directed at you. It's pretty much a slap in the face to everyone else. The way I see this comment is... 'We are going to ignore people who are complaining about their problems with the game' so you just go and answer the joke question that means nothing. What if Claprica also asked 'what is happening with the APAC servers?' Would you just ignore his post completely?

Wow dude need a hug from this guy ?