Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wearing Heavy Armor is actually a handicap in this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Wearing Heavy Armor is actually a handicap in this game.

Never_Hesitate
03.08.2013 , 11:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
LOL... Im heavy Armor and I wear a skirt!
Just why?
waiting for ...

DarthGile
03.08.2013 , 11:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Just why?
Real men wear skirts... that's why!

Never_Hesitate
03.08.2013 , 11:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
Real men wear skirts... that's why!
That's why most of my chars are females ^^
They wear the pants in this galaxy
waiting for ...

Zatriann
03.13.2013 , 06:37 PM | #14
Here is a list of all the defensive cooldowns a sorc has in an alphabetical order:
-
End

Where are these great def cd's you spoke of?
(I know that we get one with 2.0 which in reality is there to take us completely out of combat for it's duration, you could even say it's a selfapplied cc)
Don't know... Let me think... A healing class... with arguably the best absorb spell in the game... Seriously ? We don't have def cds ? Force bubble, unnatural pres, plus the abilities to stay up longer than a tank (while doing no dmg and very little threat, I admit...) ?

Helig
03.14.2013 , 05:48 AM | #15
Just why?
Because twi'lek females can hear the sound of the zipper.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

mikebevo
03.14.2013 , 03:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SavageSock View Post
Well seeing as how a DPS should be worried about damage output and not their defensive cooldowns, I don't see the issue here.
I LOL.

Good dps and good group players worry about defensive cooldowns too. The game isn't overly complicated, hitting a defensive cooldown at the opportune time can really spare the healer some grief and you know allow the healers to actually concentrate their resources on the Tank. Which is win, win for everyone.

Never_Hesitate
03.15.2013 , 06:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zatriann View Post
Don't know... Let me think... A healing class... with arguably the best absorb spell in the game... Seriously ? We don't have def cds ? Force bubble, unnatural pres, plus the abilities to stay up longer than a tank (while doing no dmg and very little threat, I admit...) ?
how exactly should a sorc be able to stand longer than a tank? (except for the 10s every 3min we will get)
The best absorb ability, I hope you don't think about the static barrier, because that's just a heal which doesn't scale/scales very little with the stats you're having.
unnatural pres let's you live one more hit, so I recognize that
waiting for ...

psybernetic
03.20.2013 , 09:21 AM | #18
how exactly should a sorc be able to stand longer than a tank? (except for the 10s every 3min we will get)
The best absorb ability, I hope you don't think about the static barrier, because that's just a heal which doesn't scale/scales very little with the stats you're having.
unnatural pres let's you live one more hit, so I recognize that
This. Static Barrier lets me, sometimes, flee around a pillar to self-heal. Unnatural Perseverance usually has the same effect. Bubbles are kinda meh and only serve as escape mechanisms.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

Macroeconomics
03.20.2013 , 11:09 AM | #19
>Wearing Heavy Armor is actually a handicap in this game.

This isn't a problem with heavy armor per se. It's a problem with how the *devs* perceive heavy armor to give a significant advantage and thus counter-nerf heavy armor classes. The OP mentions the Jugg v. Mara case. But the most notorious example is Merc dps v. Sniper. It's simply a lack of understanding about the game by the devs.

Never_Hesitate
03.22.2013 , 04:11 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
This. Static Barrier lets me, sometimes, flee around a pillar to self-heal. Unnatural Perseverance usually has the same effect. Bubbles are kinda meh and only serve as escape mechanisms.
So you're saying it doesn't allow you to stand longer, but to run longer.
The sorcs only hope of survival is to be constantly on the move and even then it's survival chances are low agains most classes.
waiting for ...