Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has the GTN tanked?

Frostbyt
02.27.2013 , 02:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
Details about the new crafting items/mats (Patch 2.0 on the test server atm) informed us all that our current materials will be nigh worthless once the patch is released. Demand disappeared and supply increased as many are trying to offload their stock asap.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. Your business will pick up once the new patch is live and you adapt to the new items we can craft/sell.
Absolutely nothing to worry about....just expect to make garbage profits on level 50 level items for the next two months?

Thank the maker for buying and reselling cartel items.
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard

LordExozone
02.27.2013 , 09:34 AM | #12
Yes it has tanked, fortunately I was able to sell my banked materials while the spiral still went down, so I still made a size-able amount of credits on them even if not as much as a month ago. The more people will realize the current mats will become useless, the further the prices will drop.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Apartment
03.04.2013 , 07:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sarlegant View Post
the game doesn't need new millionaires... It needs a larger middle class.
this.

uniz
03.04.2013 , 08:43 AM | #14
anytime you have a new expansion with a level increase in the very near future players start focusing on their max level toons.

most dont craft anything max level now as it doesnt sell well. dreadguard will be replaced in three levels with easier obtainable starter hm gear. buying such is a waste of credits.

others dont squander credits on lower level alts and instead starting saving them for the new 50s content/items that will be coming out.

such behavior is consistent and not unusual across mmos. what might sell well now is any experience boost consumables for the very few power levelers still left in the game. but these you can not make.

DarthScruffy
03.04.2013 , 10:16 AM | #15
I think, largely, this is a "balance sheet recession". If you are crafting in order to turn around and buy gear on the GTN, you have the same relative buying power. I sell 27 armor plates to get 27 mods and enhancements for my toons. Yes, the downturn has hurt the numbers I get per plate 1.2 mil down to 900k. However mods, enhancements and armorings that I need to buy have fallen too. If you're selling to bank credits or to obtain a specific number, you're in a lot of pain right now but if you're trying to parlay GTN goods into other GTN goods, it doesn't really matter.

SuperGrunt
03.04.2013 , 10:22 AM | #16
Have you not taken into account the fact that some people might not be leveling as many lowbies for a while due to anticipation of getting Character Transfers? I myself refuse to level any of my characters that are lower than level 40 until they add a Character Transfer service, so that I can get all of my characters that I am keeping onto one server. Which means I am only working on one character that I need to level. Normally I have between 3 & 4 lowbies that I am working on at a time, making sure that I have a great deal of rested XP, and adequate gear before I start, and that 1 I do plan on working on, I am crafting some mods for a companion to use for him. Granted I don't generally buy many mats for crafting, as I have the crew skills that I would need to get the mats, and supply my own needs, but still others might be doing the same thing.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Heezdedjim
03.04.2013 , 10:36 AM | #17
The lower level stuff could be an indirect result of the 2.0 "feature" where all comms are capped at stupidly low levels and all leveling comms will become one type of Planetary comms. Most people playing on live are probably not that up on what's happening, but it's possible there are a large number of planetary comms being cashed out at the moment for mods that people are dumping on the market, leading to little demand for crafted mods and mats needed to make them.

-Wes-
03.04.2013 , 04:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Have you not taken into account the fact that some people might not be leveling as many lowbies for a while due to anticipation of getting Character Transfers? I myself refuse to level any of my characters that are lower than level 40 until they add a Character Transfer service, so that I can get all of my characters that I am keeping onto one server.
Help me out here.... What advantage exists by having your characters on the same server? I apologize if this is a newbie question, but I only have one character that I regularly use, and the other is on the same server, so I just don't know what advantage may or may not exist by having them both on the same one.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Khevar
03.04.2013 , 08:15 PM | #19
I think its interesting that the Grade 27 stuff continues to list and sell at vastly reduced prices, but the molec market has climbed back up into the 100+ range.

It's a bit odd. Who is buying these molecs? Certainly not the people selling 27 gear for peanuts.

Skodan
03.05.2013 , 09:17 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
Help me out here.... What advantage exists by having your characters on the same server? I apologize if this is a newbie question, but I only have one character that I regularly use, and the other is on the same server, so I just don't know what advantage may or may not exist by having them both on the same one.
well by having all characters on one server you are able to craft them gear/weapons/medpacs, or anything else they may need.

you can share credits.

work on legacy levels together.

have the same community (ie. guild)
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds