Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Council: Who's left?

Slowpokeking
02.24.2013 , 03:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
The thing with Tormen is that he is a character whose fate depends on player choices. I think people at Bioware would refrain from confirming that he indeed ascends to the Dark Council, because that would mean that the Dark Side ending of the Bounty Hunter becomes canon. Since this game is player choice-dominated, they would likely piss off a lot of people if they would already declare certain outcomes as canon. They obviously had to with KOTOR but I doubt we'll have anything that concret with SWTOR for a while.

Charnus would make sense I guess, but what's with Viktus? I don't recall him being that important (or successful) at all to be even considered for the Dark Council. He was also more involved with Diplomacy, which would make him a candidate for the Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy, if anything, but that Sphere is currently being headed by Ravage.
Well kill him will also piss off people, just like whether Jadus/Zhorrid as canon will both make some people unhappy. He's perfect for Military Offense.

Viktus didn't make much appearance in the game, but since he was in charge of one of the most important planets of the Core World, Alderaan's business, it's safe to say he's a quite important Sith.

DAWUSS
02.26.2013 , 10:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor-Norton View Post
The problem with Tormen is
Spoiler

The others sound like good choices imo.
This is Star Wars, everything ends up having a canon outcome sooner or later. I mean, heck, for KOTOR, there's basically a canon dialog response for each conversation you participate in FCOL.

BenKatarn
02.28.2013 , 04:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
This is Star Wars, everything ends up having a canon outcome sooner or later.
Yes, but not while this game is still up and running and might alienate players because they find their personal story to be invalid, just because of Word of God says so.

At some point, I'm pretty sure there will be canonical interpretations of the characters, but certainly not now.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Dioxys
03.14.2013 , 05:27 AM | #14
Darth Gravus was considered for a seat on the dark council by Darth Mortis after Imperial victory over Taris to replace Darth Hadra. At the same time, Darth Marr elected Darth Karrid, a former pupil to Gnost-Dural and Malgus. But most of the council favor Gravus due to Karrid being an alien. Long story short, due to sith infighting Gravus lost, Karrid won, but at the end was killed by Theron Shan. -From the novel 'Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation

DAWUSS
03.14.2013 , 07:57 AM | #15
Yes, but not while this game is still up and running and might alienate players because they find their personal story to be invalid, just because of Word of God says so.

At some point, I'm pretty sure there will be canonical interpretations of the characters, but certainly not now.
They'll be alienated regardless of when it happens.

BenKatarn
03.14.2013 , 08:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
They'll be alienated regardless of when it happens.
Obviously, but better later than right now while they are still playing and paying.
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

JLazarillo
03.15.2013 , 08:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well kill him will also piss off people, just like whether Jadus/Zhorrid as canon will both make some people unhappy. He's perfect for Military Offense.
Doesn't Jadus survive no matter what, though? He goes on the run, potentially, but there's nothing stopping him from still being part of the story, per se. Granted, the same can't be said for Zhorrid, but I don't see how she'd be especially hard to write out. I got the impression that whether she survives or not, she's not on the Council anymore.

BenKatarn
03.16.2013 , 03:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Doesn't Jadus survive no matter what, though? He goes on the run, potentially, but there's nothing stopping him from still being part of the story, per se.
I am pretty sure that he can be killed by the player.

Slowpokeking
03.16.2013 , 04:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dioxys View Post
Darth Gravus was considered for a seat on the dark council by Darth Mortis after Imperial victory over Taris to replace Darth Hadra. At the same time, Darth Marr elected Darth Karrid, a former pupil to Gnost-Dural and Malgus. But most of the council favor Gravus due to Karrid being an alien. Long story short, due to sith infighting Gravus lost, Karrid won, but at the end was killed by Theron Shan. -From the novel 'Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation
In that novel Gravus was reduced to a moron.

VedaRa
03.16.2013 , 07:38 PM | #20
I am pretty sure that he can be killed by the player.
No; their is no player chose too kill him in the IA story.
Lt. Commander Veda Ra
The Imperial Guard

http://empirebeforeall.enjin.com