Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delta Squad vs. Master Chief

DarthHarbinger
02.28.2013 , 12:49 AM | #21
I personally love Halo and the RC's but I think Chief would win against all 4 pretty easily. Now disregarding armor and equipment the Commandos would not win even if they ganged up on Chief considering the Commandos are just regular humans with more training than your average CT. Chief on the other hand has years and years of augmentations altering almost every aspect of his body. Now giving each soldier their armor and equipment makes them a formidable foe, there isn't much to compare the armor systems of a Spartan II and Clone Commando's armor, I'm giving the edge to Chief considering there is just so many examples of how his armor works and what it can withstand, hell the man fell out of Earth's orbit and the armor didn't break. Given the insane of information about what an average Spartan II can do when compare to a CC it's clearly evident that the Spartan is superior to the CC. Now that doesn't mean they can't beat Chief, they would have to be incredibility careful considering they're fighting a 1 ton monster whose seen years of combat against a crazy Alien empire encompassing different species,a parasitic race that devours practically everything in it's path to breed and an ancient advanced race of super beings who could make planets.
I dunno what to put but call me RG4ORDR

LibertySol
02.28.2013 , 01:28 AM | #22
MC stomps. End of story.

Ventessel
02.28.2013 , 08:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHarbinger View Post
I personally love Halo and the RC's but I think Chief would win against all 4 pretty easily. Now disregarding armor and equipment the Commandos would not win even if they ganged up on Chief considering the Commandos are just regular humans with more training than your average CT. Chief on the other hand has years and years of augmentations altering almost every aspect of his body. Now giving each soldier their armor and equipment makes them a formidable foe, there isn't much to compare the armor systems of a Spartan II and Clone Commando's armor, I'm giving the edge to Chief considering there is just so many examples of how his armor works and what it can withstand, hell the man fell out of Earth's orbit and the armor didn't break. Given the insane of information about what an average Spartan II can do when compare to a CC it's clearly evident that the Spartan is superior to the CC. Now that doesn't mean they can't beat Chief, they would have to be incredibility careful considering they're fighting a 1 ton monster whose seen years of combat against a crazy Alien empire encompassing different species,a parasitic race that devours practically everything in it's path to breed and an ancient advanced race of super beings who could make planets.
Forgot about the bit where he jumped out of orbit. That does indicate that his armor has some serious capacity to resist damage. And Chief does weigh 2,000+ lb. in his armor. If he jumped on a commando, they'd be killed instantly. Unless the commando's pulled off a perfect, flawless ambush, Chief would slaughter them in seconds.

Also, the Clone's armor is mostly designed to diffuse blaster bolts, as are their shields. In-game the Trandoshan's shotguns and assault rifles tear into your shields much more quickly than the droids' weapons do. This means that Chief's assault rifle (are we talking classic 64-round magazines, or those weakling ones he had to pick up later in the series?) may very well be highly effective at close/medium range.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

TalonVII
02.28.2013 , 03:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
The commandos may be able to set up remote monitoring equipment, but they do not have an internal radar system with their armor. No HUD tracking enemies movement around them.
yes...they do. or have you never played SW Republic Commando?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Ventessel
02.28.2013 , 03:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
yes...they do. or have you never played SW Republic Commando?
Repeatedly. We are talking about the 2005 title released for Xbox and PC, right?
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

TalonVII
02.28.2013 , 03:49 PM | #26
Repeatedly. We are talking about the 2005 title released for Xbox and PC, right?
yes, RCs had a motion sensor. Played that game till my X-box fell apart. Even in the books it shows that RCs and ARCs have motion sensors.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Ventessel
02.28.2013 , 09:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
yes, RCs had a motion sensor. Played that game till my X-box fell apart. Even in the books it shows that RCs and ARCs have motion sensors.
Well, show me. A screencap or some other source, because I've found no reference to an in-game motion scanner.

Also, original X-boxes don't fall apart. They're damn-nigh indestructible.

TalonVII
02.28.2013 , 10:19 PM | #28
Well, show me. A screencap or some other source, because I've found no reference to an in-game motion scanner.

disk holder finally busted and power supply bit the dust. but i will find one.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

YoshiRaphElan
03.01.2013 , 01:55 PM | #29
I beg to differ -- I had two of them. The first one lasted five years, but the other one only lasted about one and a half (Though it was refurbished).

Ventessel
03.01.2013 , 02:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
I beg to differ -- I had two of them. The first one lasted five years, but the other one only lasted about one and a half (Though it was refurbished).
Huh, I've had one since the platform came out back in what, '03?

Now, I'm rarely home and I don't play it that often, which might have extended its longevity. Still, it was sturdily built.