Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Ventessel
02.26.2013 , 08:04 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Agreed.

A battle over that factory favors G0-T0's forces, considering it is a deathtrap for Force Users, the reason HK-47 managed to wreck havoc throughout that factory was primarily due to the fact he could just walk right past most of the defensive systems which were not designed to take out a droid, and the fact he was also an HK unit.
I guess that depends on whether the Sith Assassins can infiltrate the facility and neutralize any of the defenses. If they can use Force Stealth or Cloak, it's a possibility.

And correct that G0-T0 will probably hold off on destroying Malachor V unless it seems like a sure way to kill Traya.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

GarfieldJL
02.26.2013 , 08:20 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I guess that depends on whether the Sith Assassins can infiltrate the facility and neutralize any of the defenses. If they can use Force Stealth or Cloak, it's a possibility.

And correct that G0-T0 will probably hold off on destroying Malachor V unless it seems like a sure way to kill Traya.
I'm not sure how well they can neutralize pressure sensitive floor plating that release poison gas... Unless they can float instead of walking, I'm not sure the stealth would make a bit of difference.

Additionally many of the droid defenses had flame throwers, which aren't really blockable with lightsabers.

Aurbere
02.26.2013 , 10:41 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I'm not sure how well they can neutralize pressure sensitive floor plating that release poison gas... Unless they can float instead of walking, I'm not sure the stealth would make a bit of difference.

Additionally many of the droid defenses had flame throwers, which aren't really blockable with lightsabers.
Correct on both accounts. Infiltrating the factory isn't an option unless Traya gets her hands on an HK droid.

Personally, I don't think Traya can outwit G0-T0. He is a planning droid after all, they are designed to plan for every contingency.

On the topic of Farsight. If Warren is correct, then how did Exar Kun lose? Seems Traya's strategy revolved around her Farsight in that battle.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ventessel
02.27.2013 , 03:21 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Correct on both accounts. Infiltrating the factory isn't an option unless Traya gets her hands on an HK droid.

Personally, I don't think Traya can outwit G0-T0. He is a planning droid after all, they are designed to plan for every contingency.

On the topic of Farsight. If Warren is correct, then how did Exar Kun lose? Seems Traya's strategy revolved around her Farsight in that battle.
Well, the articles on Farsight seem to heavily imply that Warren is correct. It would appear that Traya's abilities were not correctly interpreted.

Also, the poison gas can be mitigated with Breath Control. As for the flamethrowers, there are always thermal shields (Peragus, anyone?) which could be acquired. This would make sense for the Sith Assassins, since grenades and flamethrowers are the greatest dangers they would face from droid opponents.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2013 , 10:26 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Well, the articles on Farsight seem to heavily imply that Warren is correct. It would appear that Traya's abilities were not correctly interpreted.

Also, the poison gas can be mitigated with Breath Control. As for the flamethrowers, there are always thermal shields (Peragus, anyone?) which could be acquired. This would make sense for the Sith Assassins, since grenades and flamethrowers are the greatest dangers they would face from droid opponents.
Well Breath Control is a light side power, I don't see the sith doing such. Gas Masks could do just as well though.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
02.27.2013 , 10:28 AM | #86
then how did Exar Kun lose?
Seriously, how the hell you guys came to the conclusion that Exar Kun and co. would fail on Malachor V where the Jedi Exile, whilst physically ill and alone prevailed, I have no idea.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Aurbere
02.27.2013 , 11:09 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Seriously, how the hell you guys came to the conclusion that Exar Kun and co. would fail on Malachor V where the Jedi Exile, whilst physically ill and alone prevailed, I have no idea.
It wasn't me. I said Exar Kun could handle Traya pretty easily. I guess the outcome was that Traya would use her Farsight to outmaneuver Kun.

"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LadyKulvax
02.27.2013 , 11:16 AM | #88
It wasn't me. I said Exar Kun could handle Traya pretty easily. I guess the outcome was that Traya would use her Farsight to outmaneuver Kun.

So the argument was.... she may or may not see him coming and may or may not get the right vision to be able to defeat Kun with the zero strengths she has against him?
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Aurbere
02.27.2013 , 11:26 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
So the argument was.... she may or may not see him coming and may or may not get the right vision to be able to defeat Kun with the zero strengths she has against him?
Um... yeah. That's pretty much what it was. I think we put too much stock in her ability to see the future, as well as the accuracy of these visions.

Unfortunate that I did not attempt to counter that point. Woe is me.

LadyKulvax
02.27.2013 , 11:29 AM | #90
Um... yeah. That's pretty much what it was. I think we put too much stock in her ability to see the future, as well as the accuracy of these visions.
What the hell has happened to fact-based arguments?

Did Darth Sidious, who had the best vision based abilities known see his own death and the fall of his Empire at the hands of Anakin and Luke? nope, didn't even get a hint of being killed.
Jedi Order