Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I'd like to know how G0-T0 and his lackeys will hack into Sith ships that were built by Rakatan technology(That's why Sith Interdictors were as strong as Imperial II-class SDs.), how would they make any sense of the technology themselves? the ships were maintained by Rakatan droids, all of which was constructed by the Star Forge.
The Interdictors were only produced, not designed by the Star Forge, but by Republic Sienar Systems during the Mandalorian Wars - only prototypes however.

LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 01:45 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The Interdictors were only produced, not designed by the Star Forge, but by Republic Sienar Systems during the Mandalorian Wars - only prototypes however.
The design is of Republic origin, the technology is not however, in-fact the Leviathan was almost entirely based on Rakatan engineering by the time of the battle of Lehon.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 01:48 PM | #573
The design is of Republic origin, the technology is not however, in-fact the Leviathan was almost entirely based on Rakatan engineering by the time of the battle of Lehon.
Is that so? I was not aware of that. I suppose it makes sense, Malgus had much of his forces upgraded with Rakatan tech using the Foundry.

Selenial
03.17.2013 , 01:52 PM | #574
I'd like to know how G0-T0 and his lackeys will hack into Sith ships that were built by Rakatan technology(That's why Sith Interdictors were as strong as Imperial II-class SDs.), how would they make any sense of the technology themselves? the ships were maintained by Rakatan droids, all of which was constructed by the Star Forge.
And thus, the death blow is dealt... *Slowly claps*
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 01:55 PM | #575
Is that so? I was not aware of that. I suppose it makes sense, Malgus had much of his forces upgraded with Rakatan tech using the Foundry.
Precisely, the technology is the only reason the Interdictors can match an Imperial II, without that tech, they'd get squashed by most Republic navy fleets, think about the battle of the Star Forge, just two Interdictors were taking on a Republic armada and winning until Bastila used Battle Meditation.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
03.17.2013 , 01:57 PM | #576
I still am skeptical on that Interdictor bit...but meh w/e. Anyway...me thinks this has gone on long enough.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GarfieldJL
03.17.2013 , 01:58 PM | #577
This plan still suffers from some problems:

• When the HK units cut through the hull, the bridge will be informed of a hull breach and can initiate lock down procedures. That will lock down the bridge and blast doors, as well as activate defenses including assault droids designed to repel boarding parties. Granted the droids will be stealthed but they'll have to cut through the blast doors, which will all be guarded.

• The Sith Interdictors are crawling with troopers, assassins, assault droids and likely a Sith Commander, who are more than capable of repelling HK units. What's more the bridge will be heavily guarded/sealed.

• If the droids manage to blow the windows on the bridge from the inside or the outside the automatic sealup would be activated, some might be pulled out but any Sith on board would survive, as would the troops at the very far end. 1 Sith Lord is enough to take on 3 or 4 units. And would have enough time to telepathically alert Traya to what has happened and call for reinforcements.

• The bridge controls can be locked down or transferred. That way the HK units would have to hack into the systems, giving the Sith enough time to send some forces to destroy them.

• Venting the entire ship will not destroy the assault droids.

But lets say the manage to capture the 2 Interdictors that make up the Interdiction fleet, what they won't realise is that despite having jammed their transmissions, the remaining fleet has been alerted telepathically and can prepare accordingly:

• Lock down the bridge completely, this means seal the windows as well to prevent the HK getting in or at least remove the element of surprise.

• Ambush the Interdictors as soon as the drop out of hyperspace and destroy them, these HK units aren't exactly naval captains.

• Have Sith assassins equipped with breath masks ready to board the ship and repel the invaders. And equip everyone else on the ships with breath masks as well.
You didn't read a word I said did you...
  1. The HK Units are entering the ship through the bridge by blasting a hole in the transparisteel windows with high explosives.
  2. The HK units are sending a coordinated strike command via a comm burst to make sure that all their attacks occur at the same time (kinda hard to respond to a distress signal when it hasn't been given yet). They are not attacking just when they first get into position, they are waiting until all units are in position to launch the strike...
  3. Breath masks will not work in hard vacuum, you need full spacesuits otherwise the Sith is going to explode and die horribly in space. It isn't just the lack of air that will kill one, it is the pressure difference.
  4. The assualt droids (which I will admit is a new item you brought up), can probably be completely taken off line from the bridge (or reprogrammed from the bridge).
  5. I don't think stealth will be particularly effective, main reason is that anyone that survives would have to be in a full space suit, which the space suits of that era were not exactly built with either stealth or combat in mind.
  6. Last I checked the hyperspace controls and navi-computer are both on the bridge, after seizing the bridge and venting the rest of the ship, the captured ships can be taken to some other location to be cleared at G0-T0's leisure
  7. Why would the interdictors be by themselves (all they affect is hyperdrive operation so I fail to see what they will accomplish when the hijacking is occurring in normal space), unless you are expecting this kind of a hijacking, having the interdictors not being protected by the fleet is extremely foolish.

As for your other points, these have been discussed at great lengths and you don't raise any new points so I'm not going to go over them again, but I will say this:
I keep bringing them up cause you never addressed them in the first place, if you would like added clarrification on what the details of the scenario that I am bringing up is, feel free to ask but right now some of what you are giving as counterpoints I quite honestly have no clue how that would be effective since you're suggesting the droids are using a different set of tactics than what I outlined.

The Bridge on EVERY ship is being attacked at the same time, that's why comm jamming is not in the equation. You are giving Traya's forces nonexistant time to react.

• Jekk'Jekk Tarr is the perfect place to gas, because its filled with chemical dispensers and all aliens who would normally wear breath masks have them removed. All the assassins need to do is equip themselves with breath masks, sneak in with some patrons then sabotage the chemical dispensers will poison toxic to all species e.g. dioxis and then capture Visquis in his personal lounge. (P.S. The toxins are only poisnous when breathed in, hence why the Exile only used breath control to resist them.)

• And these arguments concerning smugglers and BHs are all well and good, but what's a more vital asset? A bunch of mercenaries or the shipyards producing your stealthed fleet? A bunch of smugglers or your own bases and supplies? What exactly are these guys going to do.
Ben, you'd only manage to kill some of the aliens in the Jekk Jekk Tar, not all of them by a long shot. The Gand for instance don't remove their body suits and breath masks while they are in public, period. The most you would do is eliminate a bunch a Twi'lek Domo, a Devorian Bartender, some trandoshan wielding swords, some Rodians, and possibly Visquis (which wouldn't be much of a loss for G0-T0), and that's assuming you can even get the poison gas into the Jekk Jekk Tarr in the first place, which you haven't explained how the SIth Assassins could pull that off when the Jekk Jekk Tarr's air contains a gas that can kill humans not only by breathing it in, but also by contact with one's skin (a breath mask won't work).

Second flaw in your counter argument (I never said anything about making a whole fleet btw), I said G0-T0 would need 2 to 3 ships with cloaks to pull off the attack to take out Traya's entire fleet, that's hardly a fleet... Additionally this could be done by modifying existing vessels which means you don't even need a spaceport just a starship garage... Getting smugglers and BH's 100% behind "Goto" would by far trump having 2 to 3 stealth freighters, it would mean that you had just handed G0-T0 an armada, 1 or 2 smugglers and/or BHs no big deal, hundreds of smuggler and BH ships, and Traya's fleet is toast (especially if the smuggler ships have missiles or torpedos which can overwhelm the shields of capital ships).

Selenial
03.17.2013 , 02:07 PM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You didn't read a word I said did you...
  1. The HK Units are entering the ship through the bridge by blasting a hole in the transparisteel windows with high explosives.
  2. The HK units are sending a coordinated strike command via a comm burst to make sure that all their attacks occur at the same time (kinda hard to respond to a distress signal when it hasn't been given yet). They are not attacking just when they first get into position, they are waiting until all units are in position to launch the strike...
  3. Breath masks will not work in hard vacuum, you need full spacesuits otherwise the Sith is going to explode and die horribly in space. It isn't just the lack of air that will kill one, it is the pressure difference.
  4. The assualt droids (which I will admit is a new item you brought up), can probably be completely taken off line from the bridge (or reprogrammed from the bridge).
  5. I don't think stealth will be particularly effective, main reason is that anyone that survives would have to be in a full space suit, which the space suits of that era were not exactly built with either stealth or combat in mind.
  6. Last I checked the hyperspace controls and navi-computer are both on the bridge, after seizing the bridge and venting the rest of the ship, the captured ships can be taken to some other location to be cleared at G0-T0's leisure
Ok. Your plan hinges on one thing, that may not be pulled off to begin with.

The explosive on the glass would set off a large explosion, and would need a large one if it is to succeed. However, think about this.

- The HK units would need to be a good distance away. Either in space floating or attached to the ship with magnetic boots.... To make sure they're not caught in the blast.
- If attached to the ship they might be found.
- If the glass is ever broken there is usually a backup force field activated.... This would stop the HK'a from getting into the bridge...
Your plan relies on the bridge.
Besides, Traya knows G0-T0 uses droids, shed know this even if she didn't know of the HK's... Surely the interdictors would have droid scanners up?

And yes, by glass I mean transparisteel.... Glass is just quicker to type on an iPhone ^_^.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

GarfieldJL
03.17.2013 , 02:26 PM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ok. Your plan hinges on one thing, that may not be pulled off to begin with.

The explosive on the glass would set off a large explosion, and would need a large one if it is to succeed. However, think about this.

- The HK units would need to be a good distance away. Either in space floating or attached to the ship with magnetic boots.... To make sure they're not caught in the blast.
If the explosives are designed to direct the blast in a particular direction then this is a non-issue... Also the HK units were using magnetic boots (their feet are magnetized), in order to hike to bridge and bypass all the organics inside the ship.

- If attached to the ship they might be found.
It would be rather hard to find them considering they are the same color as the hull of the capital ships, and they are so small compared to the ship itself.

- If the glass is ever broken there is usually a backup force field activated.... This would stop the HK'a from getting into the bridge...
Star Wars never had that kind of force field technology in the advent of hull breaches even in the New Republic time period. While they may have had force fields for hangers, it never looked like the had them for windows.

You'd be right if this were Star Trek, but Star Trek had technology that Star Wars doesn't have.

Your plan relies on the bridge.
It relies on taking the bridge because there are numerous options of how to deal with the capital ships. Worst Case, the HK Units could just have the ships ram each other so if G0-T0 can't have the ships, then nobody can.

Besides, Traya knows G0-T0 uses droids, shed know this even if she didn't know of the HK's... Surely the interdictors would have droid scanners up?.
Wouldn't a device like that cause constant false alarms on her ships, considering the battle droids...

Btw, I'm not sure there is a droid scanner that could detect the HK units while they are on the outer hull of the capital ship. Remember, in Empire Strikes Back, the Imperials couldn't detect C3-P0's power signature (he was just shut off because he was annoying), when the Falcon used the landing claw to hide on the back of a star destroyer. I don't think capital ships of that era could detect a small group of droids on the outer hull of the ship.

LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 02:31 PM | #580
I say we get to 599 posts and then Beni ends the thread at 600 with his own post, fitting I think.
Battle Honour