Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.14.2013 , 06:06 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
what are you talking about? HK-51s under the Empire's control were lost for a decade and then turned up on Belsavis. How were these 51s constructed? how much tweaking would have been possible within those 300 years? do you really, honestly believe that if someone found the HK-51 schematics they wouldn't try to make some improvements before producing a shipment of them -for the Sith Empire-?
The HK-51s were already done and being made in KotOR II, were they not? They is no evidence they chaged during that time. What I believe doesn't matter. There's no evidence to the contrary.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
kotor 2 is my unbiased evaluation of the HK's battle effectiveness. They got roflstomped at every turn.
Grade-A analysis right there. Dat logic.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
You say what Sith Assassins do is a myth, yet what have HK50s done besides pose as a protocol droid to stalk 1 jedi? nothing, lol. They're not nearly as powerful as you think, especially if the HK-51s are anything to go off of.
They're built to be the deadliest assassin droids in the galaxy. And G0-T0 has eliminated his opponents, or those that don't support the Republic's growth, before. Whether that was through HK-50s or not I don't know. But regardless, they're well known and intimidating.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
You say HK-47 was reconstructed from HK-50 parts. That's true, HK-50 parts were compatible and in some cases the same as HK-47. Were they as strong as HK-47? Undoubtedly no.
And why not, then? They are upgrades of HK-47, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
And yeah, an HK-50 could probably take a couple of goons.
Thank you sweet baby Jesus.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.14.2013 , 06:47 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
They're built to be the deadliest assassin droids in the galaxy. And G0-T0 has eliminated his opponents, or those that don't support the Republic's growth, before. Whether that was through HK-50s or not I don't know. But regardless, they're well known and intimidating.
They're not well known! How could they be? The way they do their job is by being secretive and posing as harmless protocol droids. One was being carried on a Republic cruiser under this guise, it's how they work.

HK-50s may talk about wanton slaughter, and delight in death, but they are not battle droids. They are capable of killing, but under controlled circumstances. They can shoot down unarmed shuttles with rockets, gas helpless miners, kill their target with a sniper rifle, or sneak into a facility and sabotage it from within, but they do not storm the breach and go in guns blazing when they can help it.

Their obscurity is the reason for their effectiveness as assassins, they are only known to those few who have employed them. Which would be the Sith and G0-T0 after he found them... so he's pretty much facing the only other people in the galaxy aware of their nature.

If he goes around showing them off and using them as a cudgel to intimidate his goons, that essentially ruins their effectiveness as assassins, and he might as well just use them as door guards at that point.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.14.2013 , 07:15 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
.


They're built to be some of the deadliest assassin droids in the galaxy.
Some of :P not THE.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.14.2013 , 07:56 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Some of :P not THE.
What, during this time, is deadlier?
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.14.2013 , 08:03 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
They're not well known! How could they be? The way they do their job is by being secretive and posing as harmless protocol droids. One was being carried on a Republic cruiser under this guise, it's how they work.

If he goes around showing them off and using them as a cudgel to intimidate his goons, that essentially ruins their effectiveness as assassins, and he might as well just use them as door guards at that point.
The HK series is plenty well known... I assume. I don't know, maybe they're not. But they very well could be if G0-T0 shows them off.

G0-T0 has no reason for HK droids to become protocol droids anymore. Traya obviously knows about them, and the one Revan used, HK-47. So revealing them to be the assassins they are will keep his forces in line. Assassin droids don't need to be secretive to do damage. And if they do? Stealth tech.

Or, say he does keep them secret. Except now every Exchange boss has a brand new protocol droid. That solves the issue of backstabbing even better. If Traya makes a deal with that boss? The HK planted there will kill him off before he can do anything stupid. Actually, I like this scenario better.


Okay, sorry everyone, I'm on edge for some reason. I'll try to filter from now on, I guess I'm just getting caught up in the debate. Apologies for any rude or condescending comments I've made.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.14.2013 , 09:41 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
What, during this time, is deadlier?
Oh you were meaning of the specific time period, then nvrm ya that is right.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.15.2013 , 08:09 AM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The HK series is plenty well known... I assume. I don't know, maybe they're not. But they very well could be if G0-T0 shows them off.
They're definitely not well known unless G0-T0 chooses to try to make them well known, but that would cripple their usefulness as infiltrators.

Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
G0-T0 has no reason for HK droids to become protocol droids anymore. Traya obviously knows about them, and the one Revan used, HK-47. So revealing them to be the assassins they are will keep his forces in line. Assassin droids don't need to be secretive to do damage. And if they do? Stealth tech.

Or, say he does keep them secret. Except now every Exchange boss has a brand new protocol droid. That solves the issue of backstabbing even better. If Traya makes a deal with that boss? The HK planted there will kill him off before he can do anything stupid. Actually, I like this scenario better.
Traya's assassins would know to tip off the Exchange boss about his new "protocol droid", which then causes the Exchange to even feel grateful to the Sith for revealing G0-T0's treachery. Traya could easily play that into helping her turn G0-T0's minions against him.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.15.2013 , 08:25 AM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Traya's assassins would know to tip off the Exchange boss about his new "protocol droid", which then causes the Exchange to even feel grateful to the Sith for revealing G0-T0's treachery. Traya could easily play that into helping her turn G0-T0's minions against him.
Do assassins even talk?

And how will Traya know about them? Sure, she knew about HK-47, but as you have stated, no one knows that G0-T0 has secretly been making HK-50s.

And if these assassins are holding the Exchange bosses at pike-point when they tell them this, I think, more likely, the boss-person will ask the HK for help. Then it plays hero, saves the day, BOOM, more loyalty to G0-T0.

Even if that doesn't happen, the HK would simply kill that boss as soon as the assassins reveal themselves. It doesn't matter if that boss likes the HK or not, cause he's dead.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.15.2013 , 08:53 AM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Do assassins even talk?

And how will Traya know about them? Sure, she knew about HK-47, but as you have stated, no one knows that G0-T0 has secretly been making HK-50s.

And if these assassins are holding the Exchange bosses at pike-point when they tell them this, I think, more likely, the boss-person will ask the HK for help. Then it plays hero, saves the day, BOOM, more loyalty to G0-T0.

Even if that doesn't happen, the HK would simply kill that boss as soon as the assassins reveal themselves. It doesn't matter if that boss likes the HK or not, cause he's dead.
The assassins and Sith would probably notice the HK in the process of conducting reconnaissance, and then destroy it before beginning their "discussion" with the Exchange boss.

And even if the HK were present, how would it "play the hero" ? By firing wantonly and killing the Exchange boss and maybe one or two assassins before being destroyed?

EDIT: I think they would notice the identical but recolored assassin droids that just happened to all get delivered to the Exchange bosses...
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.15.2013 , 09:06 AM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
EDIT: I think they would notice the identical but recolored assassin droids that just happened to all get delivered to the Exchange bosses...
But that's the thing. The assassins scout everything out and see grey protocol droids. Nothing strange about that. They will have no idea they're assassin droids, because, as you have said, they are not well known.

Would Traya know about their true nature? Well, maybe. But she wasn't actually fighting with Revan, and showed no signs of recognizing HK-47 in KotOR II (did she?). So Traya probably doesn't even know. And if she does, it wouldn't make sense for her to be like "Oh, by the way, look out for an assassin droid that I thought was one of a kind and now disappeared, because, you know, their might be more exactly like it but a different color out there."

Just as the assassins will remain hidden until they make their first strike, so too will the HK-50s.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?