Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key problems, if u are having issues read here.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security Key problems, if u are having issues read here.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HiPPeR
02.23.2013 , 05:02 PM | #151
1) Android App
2) No

For me it all started at patch 1.7 on feb 14th. Had it removed by CS and now I can login... Will not put it back on untill someone from BW tells us that its safe.

wombinator
02.23.2013 , 05:14 PM | #152
This is ridiculous Bioware. How many more times am I going to have to call CS up to resolve an issue.

Thankfully my wait time wasn't all that bad. I just removed my security key. I wont even bother putting one back on anymore. I'd have to get really annoyed missing out on the fleet passes for me to do that again.

DoctorWhoTardis
02.23.2013 , 05:45 PM | #153
no news from the forum staff ?

Swalsugmass
02.23.2013 , 10:30 PM | #154
Update please?
Imperial Remanent

Obscuritas Illaina :: Bounty Hunter :: Mercenary

Bovey-Wan
02.23.2013 , 10:59 PM | #155
Wow, holy crap! An acknowledged issue preventing paying subscribers from accessing their accounts, and not a single peep from BW in what, 48 hours now?? Things don't always work right, and it sometimes takes a while to figure out and fix them, but this total lack of communication, and utter disregard for the community looking for updates is completely unacceptable. It's like the only two guys working the issue went home for the weekend, and no one else gives a #@*&. I bit the bullet, spent an hour with the hold music and removed my security key from my account, but I am really anxious to get it put back on. I REALLY feel for you guys that have to pay long distance, or even international charges to sit on hold for an hour for a simple fix that BW should have implemented 2 days ago across the board.

Decrepid
02.24.2013 , 12:58 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Bovey-Wan View Post
I REALLY feel for you guys that have to pay long distance, or even international charges to sit on hold for an hour
I live in New Zealand and had to call customer support. Would have done so a LOT earlier if I had found out that up to a two hour call to the UK was capped at $4.50

Anyway that aside this is highly unsatisfactory!!! Why did BW not just advise us of the issue and deactivate the security keys to save us the extra expense/time of a lengthy phone call?? That probably would have been too easy for them

speedyarrows
02.24.2013 , 01:11 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Decrepid View Post
Anyway that aside this is highly unsatisfactory!!! Why did BW not just advise us of the issue and deactivate the security keys to save us the extra expense/time of a lengthy phone call?? That probably would have been too easy for them
well the phone company has 2 make some moneys 2
i bought 5eu for skype and my call consumed 97 cents for a 47 min call,i caled from transilvania

Swalsugmass
02.24.2013 , 01:15 AM | #158
Calling them to temporary bypass the key is all well and good but it doesn't change the fact this issue still exists and for some it has been a week. I can understand they might be working on it if that's the case then say so.
Imperial Remanent

speedyarrows
02.24.2013 , 01:26 AM | #159
its not all well and good they shoud hawe eaten this bug and BEEP it out out 400 times since the time has passed since it appeared

Swalsugmass
02.24.2013 , 12:29 PM | #160
Some reassurance that the issue is being worked on and maybe a ETA?
Imperial Remanent