Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS operatives in 2.0

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 06:51 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Stealth Detection - Stealth level = distance from where the sniper can spot you, but still he has to target and shoot at you to pop you out of stealth.

He has 30 stacks. You pop sneak, also talent +5 stealth from concealment (is it +5 now??). Come into 15m range from the sniper with 30 stacks. If you come closer, he will spot you. instead you scamper/exfiltrate 12m towards him, then immediately use hidden strike.

Theoretically if he has some crazy *** reactions he should be able to knock you back, but more often than not you will be able to safely open on the sniper regardless. You only dont have to mess up with the distance from where you scamper/exfiltrate towards him.

If you dont have +5 stealth talent taken, you are pretty much screwed. If you dont have sneaka available you cannot open on him. If you you have neither of these, you should never walk within the range of a sniper which has been sitting in cover for long enough. Especially as a healer or a sin tank, you will be spotted quite often if you are too close and careless.

Oh and stealth detection has a buff icon, you can see how many stacks he has by targeting the sniper.

See Ilmarinen how much i am doing for you, so that you could kill me?

Note that any move will auto select closest valid target if no target is selected at all, so a sniper could just spam rifle shots and as soon as the operative becomes target able he could pop him out.

Also note the environment, in CW for example, you could use the east and west "Stage" porch thingy to los the sniper. He'd hear your stealth detection thingy but he couldn't target you unless he moved which would, alas, remove the stacks. Otherwise, since the porch is barely 12 m if that from one side to mid you could go up the side and gank his left or ride side, which ever is closer.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

WasabiJack
02.21.2013 , 06:55 PM | #42
Stealth detect is not simple as people are saying it is.

Stealth detect in front is VERY different from behind. Works on 180 degree front and back.

There was a formula somewhere on the web but it's not one level = 1m calculation at all. Also, it seems the way stealth is calculated has changed. I have not tested this because PTS character copy blows chunks but I would wager that with the +5 points into both advanced stealth and sneak with the roll you can get behind a sniper/slinger no problem.

I have a feeling the reason they put this skill in place is to probably to stop the stealth node guards. You can have two stealth hold a node for a very long time by just popping in and out of stealth and CC'd etc.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 06:58 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by WasabiJack View Post
Stealth detect is not simple as people are saying it is.

Stealth detect in front is VERY different from behind. Works on 180 degree front and back.

There was a formula somewhere on the web but it's not one level = 1m calculation at all. Also, it seems the way stealth is calculated has changed. I have not tested this because PTS character copy blows chunks but I would wager that with the +5 points into both advanced stealth and sneak with the roll you can get behind a sniper/slinger no problem.

I have a feeling the reason they put this skill in place is to probably to stop the stealth node guards. You can have two stealth hold a node for a very long time by just popping in and out of stealth and CC'd etc.
Too bad it took everyone a whole year to figure it out. Ragook Oozo was saying that any team of full stealthers (since they can heal and tank and dps) would be unstoppable in civil war.
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.

Philelectric
02.21.2013 , 07:23 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
looks promising, though when compared to the shadow/sin buffs, these buffs are kinda pitiful. Then factor in the improved sniper stealth detection, so we wont be able to ever approach them in stealth, and that net that wont let us get back into stealth...well, we'll see.
Where is the shadow/assassin buff? Darkness is still on the same lvl, Madness have been buffed a very little bit and Deception have been completely(at best) remodeled if not nerfed to the ground
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 07:26 PM | #45
I've officially trade marked

Rollin and Cullin™

To be my first lethality pvp video.

Syberduh
02.21.2013 , 07:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenturtle View Post
From my testing experience, Yes they removed the internal cool down on collateral strikes, but they still kept the cool down on re granting Tactical advantage.
Yeah the cooldown is still on tactical opportunity else you'd see chains of 6 lacerates in a row fairly commonly. But with cheaper lacerates and backstabs as well as higher energy regen overall you should have a much easier time setting up explosive probes and orb strikes without getting energy starved. Might even be a place for overload shot with spare energy.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

Coldin
02.21.2013 , 08:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
Yeah the cooldown is still on tactical opportunity else you'd see chains of 6 lacerates in a row fairly commonly. But with cheaper lacerates and backstabs as well as higher energy regen overall you should have a much easier time setting up explosive probes and orb strikes without getting energy starved. Might even be a place for overload shot with spare energy.
Explosive Probe is a lot more powerful now too. I was seeing it hit as hard as Hidden Strike.

AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 08:28 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Explosive Probe is a lot more powerful now too. I was seeing it hit as hard as Hidden Strike.
you mean it wasn't hitting that hard before for you guys? I think the highest I got with probe was 5.3k, it's easily comparable to backstab now.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Coldin
02.21.2013 , 09:10 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
you mean it wasn't hitting that hard before for you guys? I think the highest I got with probe was 5.3k, it's easily comparable to backstab now.
No, not typically. Best I see on Live is around 3.5k.

AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 09:13 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
No, not typically. Best I see on Live is around 3.5k.
are you using it when acid blade is up? if not you should rethink your rotation slightly. My usual Probe is a 4k crit to 4.5.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator